Price Cut?

hotty toddy

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting for the talked about price cut. When should this happen? I am so ready to get rid of my Iphone 4s for the Moto X. Just can't make myself pay the overpriced amount of $199. Now $99 is more like it.

hotty toddy

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
My problem is that I need to go through ATT. I gave my upgrade last year to my son (he went from iPhone 4S to Galaxy S3). So I need to use another family members upgrade. Plus I want to be able to return it if I don't like it. I have always had an IPhone. Don't like the 5S. Anyway just biding time until ATT drops the price or I cave in and just do it.

Kalifornia

Dude
Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Really looking forward to getting this phone but given the fact that we *supposedly* are close to a price cut, I keep thinking that it makes sense to wait just a little bit longer and save some cash. Like you, I also need to rely on a family member's upgrade to get the phone.

Plus, I think the current $99 phones are for the 16 GB versions and I would prefer the 32 GB anyway. Assuming when AT&T does drop the cost it will include both memory versions although I certainly expect the 32 GB to be more than $99.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been patiently waiting for the talked about price cut. When should this happen? I am so ready to get rid of my Iphone 4s for the Moto X. Just can't make myself pay the overpriced amount of $199. Now $99 is more like it.

Go to Best Buy and have them price match Amazon.com. You will be able to get it for 99 and they can swap around or do whatever you need. AT&T corporate will not drop the price of the phone for a long time to come. They never drop the prices unless a successor has come out (S3/S4) or the device is End of Life.

Just curious as to why you would think it would be overpriced at 199 vs say an S4 or G2?

hotty toddy

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't want to get into a debate about the pricing of the Moto X. There are numerous reviews stating that it is overpriced at $199 and that one should wait for the $99 correction. However, I do feel it is a great phone for my purposes. That is why I will purchase one soon. Just my opinion.

Convert2

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Then just go by it at Costco or BestBuy or Amazon - you don't need to actually buy it at AT&T just because that's your carrier.

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

I was waiting for the same reason - wanted a customized 32 GB phone on AT&T. Finally just bought mine through Amazon. It connects to your AT&T account and set up your wireless plan. Yes, it's only black or white and 16 GB, but I think I'm going to be fine with that, and I really like the black. Came in two days, and I'm loving it. Definitely well worth the $99!

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Go to Best Buy and have them price match Amazon.com. You will be able to get it for 99 and they can swap around or do whatever you need.

BestBuy matching online policy quote: "...does not apply to: Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer, ...".

As far as getting one from Amazon, my problem is that I'd like to grandfather my 3Gb data plan and Amazon order system doesn't seem to support that. They only offer new shared data plan options. AT&T said they don't guarantee they'll be able to switch it back if I were to go through Amazon anyways. Costco seems like a real deal with the data plan upgrade I need being supported. Too bad I don't have a membership. So the wait continues for me as well.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
BestBuy matching online policy quote: "...does not apply to: Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer, ...".

As far as getting one from Amazon, my problem is that I'd like to grandfather my 3Gb data plan and Amazon order system doesn't seem to support that. They only offer new shared data plan options. AT&T said they don't guarantee they'll be able to switch it back if I were to go through Amazon anyways. Costco seems like a real deal with the data plan upgrade I need being supported. Too bad I don't have a membership. So the wait continues for me as well.

I would still give your local Best Buy a shot. Mine has done it for me and if you get the right manager they have the ability to do it.

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

AT&T gives you the option of keeping your current plan or changing (to their shared data plans). So you should be able to keep your plan with no changes, even with Amazon. I had that option anyway.

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
AT&T gives you the option of keeping your current plan or changing (to their shared data plans). So you should be able to keep your plan with no changes, even with Amazon. I had that option anyway.

Yeah, I know that. As I mentioned at&t won't guarantee that they would restore it if I were to change it when going through 3rd party, amazon in this case. And amazon doesn't give me an option to keep my current data plan. It defaults to shared data plan options for me. So that was a no go. I can post a screenshot of the checkout screen. I might be mistaken but a similar checkout process through Costco had offered me the correct options. Thanks.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Are people generally ok with 16GB? I bought mine in a drunken moment and am thinking that the 32GB would have been so much better in the long run

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Are people generally ok with 16GB? I bought mine in a drunken moment and am thinking that the 32GB would have been so much better in the long run

I'm perfectly fine with 16GB. All of my music, photos and files are stored in the cloud.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Don't want to get into a debate about the pricing of the Moto X. There are numerous reviews stating that it is overpriced at $199 and that one should wait for the $99 correction. However, I do feel it is a great phone for my purposes. That is why I will purchase one soon. Just my opinion.

Could you direct us to these reviews, the ones after the phone released?
This phone is as much worth, if not more so, $199 than any other $199 Android phone on the market.

anon(522161)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site

Went to check it out at BB. They wouldn't price match at all. Tried Amazon again and it showed my data plan options correctly, sort of. It didn't force me into a shared data plan anymore but it would still not let me keep my 2Gb data plan, moving me up to 3Gb one. I may have to fix that when I get the phone delivered. So, 16Gb one ordered at $99. Woo hoo! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34