1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default [Q] Is this Kernel % normal?

Only my 5th day with the Moto X (AT&T). Friday, Saturday, Sunday I didn't see my kernel % being that high. Yesterday and today I did notice it.

Only thing different I have done is add a Microsoft Exchange account for my work email.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Q] Is this Kernel % normal?-uploadfromtaptalk1382542690869.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by acles003 View Post
    Only my 5th day with the Moto X (AT&T). Friday, Saturday, Sunday I didn't see my kernel % being that high. Yesterday and today I did notice it.

Only thing different I have done is add a Microsoft Exchange account for my work email.

There is a thread on Motorola.com and xda-dev where users has been posting about bad idle drain on the moto x. Apparently, the BMA_ and the qcom processes is waking the phone a lot because of the Google Play Services and the Google Search apps running in the background. Several other individuals has claimed the NLP service is waking their handset as well. Several tests from individuals has shown that certain routers or certain areas they travel to have networks that constantly disconnect and reconnect to the network service. They have claimed that the moto x is constantly put into a loop of trying to connect to different towers or reconnect to the WiFi and run all of the syncs on the phone due to some weird error. There is ATM no definite answer or ways to recreate these problems because this is so far affecting select handsets, and Motorola is ATM trying figure out if there are big battery drains/irregular wakeups that a lot of people on the web has been noticing. The crazy part was that some guy uninstalled Google Play Services and Google Search with the velvet apk and reinstalled them from the play store to make the phone go from 100% to 100% after idling 8 hours.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: [Q] Is this Kernel % normal?

So the past 2 days with the high kernel %, I have gotten 12 hours and 13 hours of battery, unplugging at 6:30am and letting it drop down to less than 5% before charging. Is this about what people are experiencing? I'm not complaining, it's better than my HTC One X, I just see other people reporting 24 hours and stuff like that.