Ludicrously poor talk time

elchip

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I know that phone specs regarding battery life always fudge the numbers, but is anyone else seeing ridiculously poor "talk time" on their Moto X?

My battery is currently at 80%. 22% of the battery drain so far has been from voice calls... which lasted 10 minutes and 32 seconds.

That means 10 minutes and 30 seconds of voice calls drained 4.4% of the battery. That implies if the phone was doing nothing else, I'd get just about 4 hours of talk time out of the phone.

The specs say 13 hours.

That seems like a pretty absurd discrepancy. Does anyone else have such poor talk time battery usage? Is there anything I can do about it?

Saiyajin

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd suggest a factory reset, after backing up apps, data, and photos. Generic fix, but it's straightened out my android battery problems before.

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I know that phone specs regarding battery life always fudge the numbers, but is anyone else seeing ridiculously poor "talk time" on their Moto X?

My battery is currently at 80%. 22% of the battery drain so far has been from voice calls... which lasted 10 minutes and 32 seconds.

That means 10 minutes and 30 seconds of voice calls drained 4.4% of the battery. That implies if the phone was doing nothing else, I'd get just about 4 hours of talk time out of the phone.

The specs say 13 hours.

That seems like a pretty absurd discrepancy. Does anyone else have such poor talk time battery usage? Is there anything I can do about it?

My phone also gets very poor talk time. Sprint.

I don't think that 13 is even something I would think possible, they even listed something like 17 for the HTC One, and that's the not the case either, but 4 hours is quite low. Gimme 7-8 with 5% left over and that would be good.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech