windy day ..augmented reality app by motorola for moto x

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's a widget for the promised download coming tomorrow. Little video and explanation.

Posted via my MotoX

Yup I got that widget Saturday . No app, just that video thats been posted around and this screen shot to
ary3uny3.jpg

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So these are somewhat interactive mini videos made specifically for the X? At least for now. Sounds interesting.

Posted via my MotoX

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
what is it exactly?

An augmented reality app. Shows a clip that you can follow along by moving the phone and watching the story unfold. It's pretty great, I think.
A little red hat floated on the screen and landing by my back button. I touched and held it, and the story came to life.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

phew

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Some orange hat blew by my screen this morning, I thought it was a virus and freaked out. Clicked it and it went to "Motorola Spotlight" app (whatever that is), so I promptly uninstalled that app.

This is the kind of manufacturer bloat that draws people to the Nexus devices. I thought the Moto X offered a pseudo-Nexus experience, but having this distracting app thing pushed to my phone changed my thoughts on the matter. Hope Moto doesn't pull any more of this crap in the future.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to download over Wi-Fi only. I've I can get connected to Wi-Fi, in sure I'll get it. Anyone get it without Wi-Fi?

Posted via Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to download over Wi-Fi only. I've I can get connected to Wi-Fi, in sure I'll get it. Anyone get it without Wi-Fi?

Posted via Android Central App

I'm on WiFi at home all day today and nothing has arrived yet.

Edit: I just checked the Play Store and it shows the app/widget has recently been updated. Alas, if I launch it, it is still the promo/commercial video.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995