Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Global Posts
    6,670 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Default Re: windy day ..augmented reality app by motorola for moto x

Fell asleep watching Halloween movie .Then woke up and hat was on my back button ,touched hat and watched it.
    .Hopefully others who wanted to see it have as well.

sent from Moto X
    Last edited by davidnc; 10-30-2013 at 07:19 AM. Reason: typo
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

it's cute. It's funny because you start doing the same thing as the commercial.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    Some orange hat blew by my screen this morning, I thought it was a virus and freaked out. Clicked it and it went to "Motorola Spotlight" app (whatever that is), so I promptly uninstalled that app.

This is the kind of manufacturer bloat that draws people to the Nexus devices. I thought the Moto X offered a pseudo-Nexus experience, but having this distracting app thing pushed to my phone changed my thoughts on the matter. Hope Moto doesn't pull any more of this crap in the future.
    It was cool - 360 degree animation.

What a laugh, calling it bloat and distracting. With all of the time wasters most people participate in, this was minor. The app succeeded in its mission, it put a big smile on my face this morning.
    weksa and BrokenKid like this.

I think everybody got this but me. Is there a trick to getting the red hat? And yes, I have a Moto X (Verizon) and have the Spotlight widget on my home screen (not sure if that makes a difference).

I think they are rolling it out in stages. I got mine overnight

Sent from my XT1058
    davidnc likes this.

Global Posts
    6,670 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by rvandroid View Post
    I think everybody got this but me. Is there a trick to getting the red hat? And yes, I have a Moto X (Verizon) and have the Spotlight widget on my home screen (not sure if that makes a difference).
    No "trick" to getting the red hat.The spotlight widget is all ya need on your phone .The red hat part just happens ,it will land on your back button if you miss it floating down.I didnt see it floating down just saw it on my back button.You need to be on WiFi's I think tho for it to happen.
    I thought I was the last one to get it didnt happen to me till 11 pm last night.Given time it will happen tho

Quote Originally Posted by PDT816 View Post
    I think they are rolling it out in stages. I got mine overnight

Sent from my XT1058
    Yup thats my guess too

Once you get it, you'll get a Wi-Fi symbol in your spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by JZambrano View Post
    Once you get it, you'll get a Wi-Fi symbol in your spotlight.

I think that's because you're off wifi. It looks like this when you're connected.

Sent from my XT1058
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails windy day ..augmented reality app by motorola for moto x-uploadfromtaptalk1383146913879.jpg  

You have to be on Wi-Fi to play? Or does it download over Wi-Fi, and after that it'll always be there?

If you turn off Wi-Fi, will the hat change to Wi-Fi symbol?

Posted via Android Central App

If I remember correctly, the splash screen said something about downloading content automatically when you were on wifi. I'm guessing your icon means there is one available.

Sounds like this will be one of many by the looks of the distribution system.

Sent from my XT1058

Just checked. Wifi isn't required to play

Sent from my XT1058
    Thanked by:
    JZambrano likes this.

Some orange hat blew by my screen this morning, I thought it was a virus and freaked out. Clicked it and it went to "Motorola Spotlight" app (whatever that is), so I promptly uninstalled that app.

This is the kind of manufacturer bloat that draws people to the Nexus devices. I thought the Moto X offered a pseudo-Nexus experience, but having this distracting app thing pushed to my phone changed my thoughts on the matter. Hope Moto doesn't pull any more of this crap in the future.
    Bleh. It was fun.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    BrokenKid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rvandroid View Post
    Maybe Verizon users gets it last?

H2o likes this.

It's an app to demo the phones capability. You need to read the article Moto published. It's not manufacturer bloat.

Still no hat for me.
    Gsm dev edition

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, the Spotlight app can be uninstalled, I think.

I went to play store and searched for the motorola spotlight player - it came up when I searched for "Windy day" too. It showed it installed for me, and when I opened it, it gave me an option to uninstall. I haven't installed it so I don't know for sure.

When you go to the settings on the spotlight widget, I don't believe it gives you an option for uninstalling, but I could be wrong.

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is this a one time thing/gift or does it still work later on? I need a Moto X. D:

I've had the hat in my notification bar for a day or two now and it wouldn't go away. Today the hat starts floating around on the screen and I clicked on it, taking me to the video. The controls were actually awesome. Every single way I turned, or rotated the phone, the video followed. You can look around basically all 3 dimensions and 360 degrees. I'd compare it to Google Sky, but the controls were much smoother and moved exactly where I did the entire time. I was in my office chair and rotating the chair around, and the screen followed in a very lifelike manner. I quit the movie earlier, but it was pretty cool to see.

And no it's not bloat, you can uninstall it whenever you want. Reminded me of the squirrel from Ice Age trying to get the acorn.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

This doesn't look like one time thing ..they will be more videos in future ..and ultimately I think moto wants to have a repository of interactional videos made from content creators/ studios ..once they have enough videos and traction I see them going paid on this service ..essentially its a new way one could tell you a story and immerse you in the content

Quote Originally Posted by TechTinker View Post
    Is this a one time thing/gift or does it still work later on? I need a Moto X. D:
    By the looks of the delivery system, I'm guessing that this is the first of many that they use the Spotlight widget for.

Sent from my XT1058

Global Posts
    6,670 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Anyone watched it twice ? Looks like its not exactly the same

sent from Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by Camilo View Post
    For what it's worth, the Spotlight app can be uninstalled, I think.

I went to play store and searched for the motorola spotlight player - it came up when I searched for "Windy day" too. It showed it installed for me, and when I opened it, it gave me an option to uninstall. I haven't installed it so I don't know for sure.

When you go to the settings on the spotlight widget, I don't believe it gives you an option for uninstalling, but I could be wrong.
    Yes you can uninstall, but then you have to disable it as well. Personally I see no reason to add any data to my device with this garbage

How were you able to quit the video? Once I launched it, it wouldn't let me exit until I held down the power button and rebooted.

Personally, I thought it was a cute little Pixar cartoon that let you look around more freely than just at the frame you are intended to see in a traditional format cartoon.

Pointless? Sure.

Something to be appreciated by all? No.

Did I think it was a nice little distraction that let me enjoy my X in a different way for a few moments? Absolutely.
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

I liked it. Harmless fun.
    jephanie and guesswhat_567 like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast