Accessories for Moto X

skidmark

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I just bought my Moto X and I am loving this phone. (Coming from Nexus 4)

Aside from cases and screen protectors what other accessories are people using? I am surprised we don't have a sticky in regards to this topic already.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
There were a couple of articles that tasked about it. One on this site was a key fob Bluetooth that works great with the thouchless control. The other article was about using Miracast some other feature of the moto x with a type of RFID tag with an app so that could make your phone do certain automated tasks when then the tag and the phone were in vicinity with each other. I'll see if I can find the link when I get back home.

Posted via Android Central App

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
It was NFC tags triggering a specific action to your phone. IE: turning on Bluetooth and navigation when entering in your car.

Here is an app that can do program those actions. In theory it should work with the X.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en&token=L-rKGlkn

Here is how the bluetooth speaker works with the touchless (This is an obvious thing for most people but thought it goes with the thread)
Motorola's hands-free controls may be the best thing that ever happened to mobile | Android Central

JDub313

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
This is the SD card reader. Meenova.com, Welcome. I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Normally the 16 GB (on Verizon and couldn't wait!) is fine for me, but I video my son fencing and if it's a long tournament I run out of space. Seemed like a good compromise. I'll let you know how it works when I receive.

BrokenKid

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
This is the SD card reader. Meenova.com, Welcome. I ordered one but haven't received it yet. Normally the 16 GB (on Verizon and couldn't wait!) is fine for me, but I video my son fencing and if it's a long tournament I run out of space. Seemed like a good compromise. I'll let you know how it works when I receive.

I got the 16 GB phone and picked up the Meenova as well. Picked up a 32 GB microSD card pretty cheap when Sony was doing 60% off recently. Astro is a decent free app that reads the USB (under Storage and a folder called 10.1.1.1 or something). Seems to work fine for storing music or images!

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Have you updated to 4.4? The Meenova website says that this item is not compatible with the Moto X on Kit Kat, apparently the update breaks access and you have to use a third party app or possibly root a-la Nexus devices.

Last edited:

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Have you updated to 4.4? The Meenova website says that this item is not compatible with the Moto X on Kit Kat, apparently the update breaks access and you have to use a third party app or possibly root a-la Nexus devices.
But they (and some users here) say it still works via several third-party apps. Dunno how that plays with video recording and stuff, though.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
In addition to screen protector/case I have these:

1) Griffin power dock;
2) Skip;
3) Motorola Whisper bluetooth head set;
4) Motorola Buds bluetooth headphones;
5) Motorola Power Pack Slim charger;
6) Motorola Power Pack charger; and
7) Google Chromecast.

They all work great and I got them all 30-50% off!!!!

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine, so far my regular routine includes:

Motorola Bluetooth headset
Thinksound ts02 headphones
Jawbone Jambox
Ballistic Gel Case
iStabilizer Tripod mount
Anker Astro 3 external battery pack.

I have the old version of the battery pack that's available on Amazon. Definitely a must have.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CE...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3357136

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante