Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By BrokenKid
  • 2 Post By phew
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    I ordered Moto X from Amazon 2 weeks ago for $99.99 and the price dropped to $59.99 last week.
    so i called them for a price match and they refunded me $40

    If you have purchased moto X from Amazon do a price match and the difference will be refunded

    so this is the time to buy a moto X.. enjoy
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Thanked by 4:
    weksa likes this.
  2. #2  
    revtech's Avatar

    Posts
    202 Posts
    Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Hmm . . Just went to the amazon site and its still saying 99.99 for me . . I'm on verizon, what version is yours?

    Edit: nevermind I see now that 59.99 is att not vzw . . Sorry
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    so i called them for a price match and they refunded me $40
    Just talked to their customer service for this, and I was connected to a real person in 20 seconds, and the whole conversation took under a minute. They couldn't be nicer. Even said he was glad I was able to take advantage of the $40 refund. Thanks for posting this!

    This helps soothe the sting a little of buying the phone on Amazon just before the price dropped on MotoMaker. (That being said, I'm a big fan of the black phone now...)

    Edit to add: $99 felt like the perfect price point. $59 feels like a steal!
    Last edited by BrokenKid; 10-28-2013 at 12:00 PM.
    paisley99 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    Hmm . . Just went to the amazon site and its still saying 99.99 for me . . I'm on verizon, what version is yours?

    Edit: nevermind I see now that 59.99 is att not vzw . . Sorry
    its for ATT... looks like the price is different for different carrier

    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenKid View Post
    Just talked to their customer service for this, and I was connected to a real person in 20 seconds, and the whole conversation took under a minute. They couldn't be nicer. Even said he was glad I was able to take advantage of the $40 refund. Thanks for posting this!

    This helps soothe the sting a little of buying the phone on Amazon just before the price dropped on MotoMaker. (That being said, I'm a big fan of the black phone now...)

    Edit to add: $99 felt like the perfect price point. $59 feels like a steal!
    yup for 59 its definitely a steal. I was happy with $99 but this is a bonus
    Last edited by still1; 10-28-2013 at 12:46 PM.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    I bought the Dev edition for 650, guess those won't get a refund.

    Fml

    Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    SM05's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

    Talking Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    If you have purchased moto X from Amazon do a price match and the difference will be refunded
    I got mine from Amazon last Friday just to a see a timely Moto Maker price drop. Just as you mentioned, had Amazon credit the difference of $40 an hour ago with no questions asked. Thanks so much for bringing it up!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Rats! If VZW was $59, I think I'd have to squeeze the trigger on that instead of waiting for Moto Maker to come to VZW
    I think your skills are improving.
    Moto X
    Nexus10 2012
    Nexus 7 2013 [Son's]
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    It's annoying that on-contract pricing has fallen so much, while off-contract has held steady at $580. I use AT&T'g GoPhone prepaid service, which costs $54/month (no taxes/fees) for 2GB, so I had to buy my Moto X outright from Moto Maker. The same service on-contract from AT&T is $95/month+taxes/fees, so I still come out ahead after one year, but if the off-contract price had fallen to $450 or so, it would only take 9 months to come out ahead with prepaid.

    Nexus 5+prepaid (GoPhone, AIO, Virgin, ST, etc) is going to be the way to go for the next year. Unless you live in a really rural area and absolutely have to have Verizon, I can't see a reason for anyone to have a contract anymore.
    myRT and ttwiitch like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    It's annoying that on-contract pricing has fallen so much, while off-contract has held steady at $580. I use AT&T'g GoPhone prepaid service, which costs $54/month (no taxes/fees) for 2GB, so I had to buy my Moto X outright from Moto Maker. The same service on-contract from AT&T is $95/month+taxes/fees, so I still come out ahead after one year, but if the off-contract price had fallen to $450 or so, it would only take 9 months to come out ahead with prepaid.

    Nexus 5+prepaid (GoPhone, AIO, Virgin, ST, etc) is going to be the way to go for the next year. Unless you live in a really rural area and absolutely have to have Verizon, I can't see a reason for anyone to have a contract anymore.
    The majority of the population can't spill out $500+ in one chunk. I rather pay minimal fpr a device with a contract.... There's no point in no contract, if regardless, you will have a cell phone service for the rest of your life. I pay $250 for 5 lines everything unlimited with Sprint. that's $50 a month per line and I get sweet deals like these.

    Sent from my SPH-L710
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post
    The majority of the population can't spill out $500+ in one chunk. I rather pay minimal fpr a device with a contract.... There's no point in no contract, if regardless, you will have a cell phone service for the rest of your life. I pay $250 for 5 lines everything unlimited with Sprint. that's $50 a month per line and I get sweet deals like these.
    Carriers conduct credit checks before you are approved for a contract. If you have sufficient credit to be approved for contract service, you can probably come up with $500 up front. Especially since (in the case of AT&T) going prepaid saves you $500+ over the course of two years. I will admit that once you get over 2 lines, contract plans do get more attractive, but that's only because none of the major prepaid providers offer "family plans".
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    I would strongly agree but only if it were only 1 line.

    Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    Carriers conduct credit checks before you are approved for a contract. If you have sufficient credit to be approved for contract service, you can probably come up with $500 up front. Especially since (in the case of AT&T) going prepaid saves you $500+ over the course of two years. I will admit that once you get over 2 lines, contract plans do get more attractive, but that's only because none of the major prepaid providers offer "family plans".
    Your thought process on that is incorrect. approved for a cellphone does not mean I can she'll out 500$ on a device. much less on 2+lines. prepaid saves u long term, but the majority of people are looking for the newest devices at the lowest cost, and that's with a contract. makes no sense, I pay $50 for my line and I got my S3 last year for $99. why would I had paid $550 for it off contract? no point.

    Sent from my SPH-L710
    Last edited by ttwiitch; 10-29-2013 at 01:59 PM.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by ttwiitch View Post
    prepaid saves u long term, but the majority of people are looking for the newest devices at the lowest cost
    I must think about money differently than most Americans. If I am signing a two-year contract, I am looking at the total cost over 2 years. With AT&T, the same plan costs $500+ less over 2 years with prepaid than with a contract, and I can switch carriers/sell my phone whenever I want. In your case (with 5 lines), I agree that prepaid is probably not in your best interest. For 1-2 lines, it's hard to beat.
  13. #13  
    KWKSLVR's Avatar

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    424 Global Posts

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Well, if you're happy with your carrier, then buying off contract doesn't really save you anything (and I'm a big fan of no contracts). It'd be different if your service was cheaper off contract than on.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    Well, if you're happy with your carrier, then buying off contract doesn't really save you anything (and I'm a big fan of no contracts). It'd be different if your service was cheaper off contract than on.
    AT&T GoPhone is $54/month for 2GB. BYOD, ~$600 for a flagship.
    AT&T Contract is $95/month+taxes/fees for 2GB. You have to pay 0-$200 every 2 years for a new device
    The plans are pretty much identical in terms of data speed/coverage, although contract AT&T does allow limited roaming on other GSM carriers (only useful in a few major cities and Nebraska, oddly).

    If you are replacing your phone every 2 years, you save at least $500 every 2 years on GoPhone. If you go longer between upgrades, you save proportionally more with prepaid.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Woohoo! I just ordered mine from AT&T for $59.99. Maybe it was a mistake but last Saturday for a few hours I saw it on Amazon for one penny. I hesitated and lost, darn it.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    Carriers conduct credit checks before you are approved for a contract. If you have sufficient credit to be approved for contract service, you can probably come up with $500 up front. Especially since (in the case of AT&T) going prepaid saves you $500+ over the course of two years. I will admit that once you get over 2 lines, contract plans do get more attractive, but that's only because none of the major prepaid providers offer "family plans".
    Good credit just means you can manage the money and the credit that you have, it doesn't mean you have $500 for a cell phone lying around. lol. Then again, i would hope that someone who can manage their money can calculate cost over time.

    (i'm lucky, i'm on $50 on-contract plan with all data included, otherwise my a-- would be off contract for sure, and i'd find the cheapest plan known to man. lol.
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phew View Post
    Unless you live in a really rural area and absolutely have to have Verizon, I can't see a reason for anyone to have a contract anymore.
    A contract is necessary if you want to lock in a certain rate. For instance, the rate I pay with Verizon is a 40% discount from their normal rate and actually less than what I would pay monthly for basically the same service with T-Mobile, except with far superior coverage. If I wasn't in a contract, I would have no guarantee of continuing to have that same rate for the next two years.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    I just saw the price dropped on Amazon for the Verizon Moto X to $49.99.
    "Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools because Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    Thanked by:
    mkreef 
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Looks like Sprint is down to $20. Probably for new lines only? I imagine this is leading up to motomaker for other carriers and/or the availability of wood backs.
  20. #20  
    ne0ne's Avatar

    Posts
    537 Posts
    Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Theoretically if one could pass a credit check for a contract they could also pass a credit check for a credit card. Buy the phone on a low interest credit card and you still save money with the prepaid plans. However as most already stated , once you get into multiple lines it's hard to buy multiple devices upfront.

    Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by critical_level2 View Post
    I just saw the price dropped on Amazon for the Verizon Moto X to $49.99.
    I was waiting for VZW moto maker customization (and hopefully 32GB), but decided to I had waited long enough and ordered through Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by revtech View Post
    Hmm . . Just went to the amazon site and its still saying 99.99 for me . . I'm on verizon, what version is yours?

    Edit: nevermind I see now that 59.99 is att not vzw . . Sorry
    Verizon Moto X is now $49.99 so go call amazon for $50
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Amazon price matched Moto X for $59.99

    Quote Originally Posted by mkreef View Post
    I was waiting for VZW moto maker customization (and hopefully 32GB), but decided to I had waited long enough and ordered through Amazon. Thanks for the heads up.
    Same here. I tried to hold out for the moto maker but the 49.99 on amazon made me pull the trigger.

Similar Threads

  1. Upgrading to 4.3 while rooted
    By carzaddict in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-14-2013, 09:00 AM
  2. Samsung Galaxy S4 - How to set preferred Wifi networks?
    By anony00gt in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 09:47 PM
  3. Please help: Need to totally disable/shutdown Bluetooth radio!
    By jfbstn in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 10:26 AM
  4. Battery gets to 20% and dies
    By james667 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 09:43 AM
  5. Export S-Note Documents to PDF
    By rick1574 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2013, 09:33 AM

Posting Permissions

B