1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Keyboard Lag

When i am texting, my keyboard lags. it is slow to register the letters i press. However when i swipe, it is fun. anyone know what i can do to stop the lag?? Thanks
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Keyboard Lag

also, i am using Android 4.2.2

I tried everything I could think of, I can't make my keyboard lag. Are you using the Default keyboard?
    I even just starting typing random letters as fast as possible and it kept up. /shrug sorry, not sure what would cause it.

Pull the battery for 30 seconds and reboot ?
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    Pull the battery for 30 seconds and reboot ?
    ??? No can do.

ahh sorry, wrote that 10 seconds before going to bed. You can't pull battery. Is there a way to simulate battery pulls on this phone? on iPhone you press and hold power and home for 15-20 seconds and it reboots.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    ahh sorry, wrote that 10 seconds before going to bed. You can't pull battery. Is there a way to simulate battery pulls on this phone? on iPhone you press and hold power and home for 15-20 seconds and it reboots.
    Press and hold the power and volume down buttons. Press the volume down button a split second after you press the power button otherwise you end up taking a screenshot as well.

I had a similar problem when I used Swype (app). What fixed it for me was uninstalling/installing Swype. I am now lag free.
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

i am using the default keyboard. and the reset seemed to work for now. Thanks
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

back to a lag in the keyboard….could it be something with android 4.2.2??

Keyboard lag with the stock Moto X keyboard? That can't be, I'd believe it if you were using an alternative keyboard, SlideIT performs terribly (I've had that keyboard for a few years and it has gotten worse).
    Motorola Moto X (rooted/unlocked 4.4.2)
    HTC One X (4.1.1)
    Asus Memo Pad 10 ME301T (rooted 4.2.1)

swype works great

Global Posts
    6,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have been using the Moto X for close to 2 months with stock keyboard and no lag.I really dont know what to suggest. I guess if it was happening to me I would try :
    Settings>apps>all> Google Keyboard>Clear Cache> see if it drops any (notice it wont drop below 12.0 KB normal tho).
    As far as the actual keyboard settings: settings > Language & input > Google keyboard> Did you change any of those ?

I've had it with swype really bad. Lately I'm getting stuttering in my phone which some other users are reporting in g+ community. Hopefully going to find some reason soon.

Posted via Android Central App