More to share soon...

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
A picture of kit kat droid. Motorola stating they hope everyone is as excited for the treat coming out.. Or something to that effect. Its a tease letting moto x users know kit kat is coming.

Posted via Android Central App

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email from Android telling of all the goodness inside kit kat.

I want it

Posted via my MotoX

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
My best guess is that Kit Kat will roll out in 6-8 weeks and 3 months for Verizon phones. That's "soon" to some and "later" to others.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
https://plus.google.com/111499908439497508351/posts/LAKKMnEE6CQ via Punit Soni

In a reply to the question about going directly to 4.4..

Punit Soni 4:36 PM

+Dominic Powell
We are moving directly to 4.4. I dont like to discuss timing. It just puts a lot of stress on the team, and there is always a chance we find something which delays us a bit.
Rest assured, we are on it. You have seen the speed with which we are moving as a Google company, that shall continue.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/software-upgrade-news/g_id/1949

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I think we will see it much sooner than we may think. They have set all of the moto features to be able to be updated via the play store which means we are basically running stock android. It should make for a much quicker update than we would ever see if we had a manufacturer skin such as touchwiz or sense.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think we will see it much sooner than we may think. They have set all of the moto features to be able to be updated via the play store which means we are basically running stock android. It should make for a much quicker update than we would ever see if we had a manufacturer skin such as touchwiz or sense.

The only thing that isn't updated in the play store from what I can tell is active notifications. If that is the only thing they have to make compatible with 4.4 then we are in great shape as Moto X owners.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that isn't updated in the play store from what I can tell is active notifications. If that is the only thing they have to make compatible with 4.4 then we are in great shape as Moto X owners.

All of the underlying firmware for those features has to be updated. The app is only the highest level of all those features. It is why, for example, the camera needed a firmware update and not just an app update to get the improvements it got.

I am far from a software engineer, but i would imagine the only thing "stock" about the moto x is the UI. I am sure all of the underlying framework is heavily modified. Just like the the GPe devices.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX