Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By still1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    RandomROM Hawk

Default Hangouts 2.0

So, I installed the Hangouts 2.0 apk that was ripped from Android 4.4. I love the new SMS features as well as the status and mood updates. It's very seamless. I'm excited about when my Moto X will receive Kit Kat. I only have one glitch to report. When trying to begin a video call, it just says "connecting..." for about 3 minutes. Then it just says "ending...." except that the video call never disconnects. I have to force stop the application to end the video call which causes a bunch of other issues that require a restart. I wasn't sure if it was just me so I tried it on my wife's GS4 running 4.3. She had the exact same issue. I think it's safe to assume that it's not recommended to install this APK and rather wait for the 4.4 update if you care about video calling. Otherwise, the app is great. Just wanted to share with you guys. Enjoy.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Hangouts 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by froyotlbw88 View Post
    So, I installed the Hangouts 2.0 apk that was ripped from Android 4.4. I love the new SMS features as well as the status and mood updates. It's very seamless. I'm excited about when my Moto X will receive Kit Kat. I only have one glitch to report. When trying to begin a video call, it just says "connecting..." for about 3 minutes. Then it just says "ending...." except that the video call never disconnects. I have to force stop the application to end the video call which causes a bunch of other issues that require a restart. I wasn't sure if it was just me so I tried it on my wife's GS4 running 4.3. She had the exact same issue. I think it's safe to assume that it's not recommended to install this APK and rather wait for the 4.4 update if you care about video calling. Otherwise, the app is great. Just wanted to share with you guys. Enjoy.
    or wait for google to push the update to play store in a week or so... the apk might be specific to KitKat(api level) devices, hence the issue
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
    Ry likes this.

Default Re: Hangouts 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by froyotlbw88 View Post
    I also installed the apk. I am wondering how it will affect the use of Motorola Connect? I know the sms messages still go to the native text app on the X but I am wondering if Moto Connect still works the same with sms going through hangouts as well.
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP