What ever happened to the wood backs?

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Awesome! I have Nexus 5 on order and will be here tomorrow, but I'm torn in what to do. I might just sell it and get the wood back Moto x or go back to the g2.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I've always wondered how a wood back phone would age with it getting hot then cooling down repeatedly every day. I think they look awesome I just wonder how long before the wood starts to expand or shrink.

Just go to home depot and pick up some sandpaper and stain..wala brand new! :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Well that seals it for me. The MOTO X wood varient will be my next phone! If indeed Evleaks is correct

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
From Reddit...

Moto X wood backs apparently won't be released until 2014 : MotoX

FjQXllT.png

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope it's sooner rather than later. I wish they'd just put a timeline on it so people can make a decision. If we go into December with no word, then I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to pull the trigger.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Well I hope it's sooner rather than later. I wish they'd just put a timeline on it so people can make a decision. If we go into December with no word, then I'm afraid I'm just gonna have to pull the trigger.

I'm right with you! I have the nexus 5 to hold me over for the wood backs, but if we go into December I'm just keeping the N5. I actually like the nexus a lot, but the battery life on the moto is making me reconsider. Again if they take longer I'm fine with sticking with what I have as well. The wood backs are just too sick to pass up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
No problem i'll wait. But im not convinced that this is comimg from the top. They could have just questioned some dillweed in the next cubicle for all we know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering what the point of waiting is anymore. I mean, we waited all this time on VZW, the first of the year really starts to leave this thing seriously outdated. Wood backs was a huge draw but at this point, I'm wishing I had just bought a Droid Maxx.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering what the point of waiting is anymore. I mean, we waited all this time on VZW, the first of the year really starts to leave this thing seriously outdated. Wood backs was a huge draw but at this point, I'm wishing I had just bought a Droid Maxx.
....because the Droid Maxx is somehow less outdated? It's essentially the same phone as the Moto X, except with a bigger battery, and uglier.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
....because the Droid Maxx is somehow less outdated? It's essentially the same phone as the Moto X, except with a bigger battery, and uglier.
Not at all. But Moto Maker and wood backs is what drew me to the X and away from the Maxx. If I had known it would be next year I would have opted for the Maxx when it first came out.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just asked a chat person on Motomaker and she checked with someone and said they had no timeframe update. I said id wait but I may just order and sell once the wood finally comes out.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just asked a chat person on Motomaker and she checked with someone and said they had no timeframe update. I said id wait but I may just order and sell once the wood finally comes out.

Indeed. One just told me that "The wood backs are currently just a design concept by the developers and there is no way to know when they will be available. We will update the website when this status changes".

I mean, I'm all about some wood, and I actually think that the current VZW pricing will probably be permanent (it's still mostly last year's hardware after all), but I'm starting to not be so keen on waiting for something that we may technically never see. Being told that wood backs are just a "concept" does not sound very promising.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Had a chat with Moto
motocrop.jpg

So, here's my plan:

1. Buy custom Moto X because they're $50 right now on Moto Maker for Verizon.
2(a). If wood becomes available within the next 30 days, trade it in (I live in CA, so I have extra leeway when it comes to return times I guess...). Also hopefully upgrade to wood for free, using this conversation as ammo.
2(b). If wood doesn't become available, enjoy my rad new phone.

Honestly, if Motorola doesn't plan on implementing wood backs before the end of December, I'm just not going to wait for it.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Had a chat with Moto
View attachment 92387

So, here's my plan:

1. Buy custom Moto X because they're $50 right now on Moto Maker for Verizon.
2(a). If wood becomes available within the next 30 days, trade it in (I live in CA, so I have extra leeway when it comes to return times I guess...). Also hopefully upgrade to wood for free, using this conversation as ammo.
2(b). If wood doesn't become available, enjoy my rad new phone.

Honestly, if Motorola doesn't plan on implementing wood backs before the end of December, I'm just not going to wait for it.

Seriously if they come out in like Jan- Feb. I am going to start looking at the next Moto rumors and not worry about the wood backs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois