Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock again for now

Default Re: Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

i do. i constantly miss the N key and tap the space bar instead. never had tat issue before. but iphone had slightly bigger keys i think.
    SSgt, AZ ANG

Default Re: Anyone have problems with your texting on you Moto after switching from iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    Before switching to android, make sure you disable imessage in your old iPhone before activating an android device. This is due to a bug in the iphone that sends texts into space because of friends or family with I phones still haves your number associated with imessage.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Simple fix is to get switfkey, then go to theme and layout, key height and change portrait to large.
    fldude99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelerDroid View Post
    Simple fix is to get switfkey, then go to theme and layout, key height and change portrait to large.
    Exactly . It's almost like, who is not using swift key.? It's a no brainer
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fldude99 View Post
    Exactly . It's almost like, who is not using swift key.? It's a no brainer
    I'm not. Never needed to.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CSI Guy View Post
    Are you having issues sending and receiving texts to and from iPhone users?

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'm not. Never needed to.

Lol...always one in the crowd...
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

You asked.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

I'm not either... Never needed to when the Google keyboard has gesture typing built in.

davidnc and Ry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.slawinski View Post
    I'm not either... Never needed to when the Google keyboard has gesture typing built in.
    To be fair, the Google keyboard isn't the same as SwiftKey or Swype. Those keyboards are much smarter in how they learn your use of language and offer suggestions based on it.

Global Posts
    6,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I used both SwiftKey or Swype and stock keyboard on my previous phones.The only previous phone I kept Swype on for an extended time was the Droid X.So far I havent switch out from the stock keyboard on Moto X.
    I really havent had an issue with most stock keyboards,Swype or Swiftkey. I tend to turn off word prediction(auto-correction) on any keyboard tho .I cant really stand that

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.slawinski View Post

I have had better success typing using swipe style typing with the stock Google keyboard than using either Swype or Swiftkey.

My sentiments exactly.

I find myself occasionally trying to move away from swiftkey, but after a period of time always go back to swiftkey. Nothing like it really

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I'm a Swiftkey user as well. Didn't like the Google keyboard either, I save way more strokes with Swiftkey and T9 number pad is brilliant if you type a lot of numbers on a phone. To be able to select a word and have it automatically insert a space after it is much smarter than the Google keyboard or iphone keyboard way.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by atkjhi View Post
    I'm a Swiftkey user as well. Didn't like the Google keyboard either, I save way more strokes with Swiftkey and T9 number pad is brilliant if you type a lot of numbers on a phone. To be able to select a word and have it automatically insert a space after it is much smarter than the Google keyboard or iphone keyboard way.
    Yea..although there's the occasional person that likes to stand up and say they don't use swiftkey to be "individual", I would like to see a survey. I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.

I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.
    I'd be willing to bet that the majority (or close to majority) of Android users use whatever keyboard came installed on their phone. I'm sure a lot of people who aren't geeks like us aren't really aware of the keyboard options available to them. If SwiftKey has a majority of Android users, it's probably only because their software comes preinstalled on Samsung phones.

^^That could be true. I guess it would have to be a survey here or on another similar forum

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I want to keep my Moto X as stock as possible and stopped using Nova Launcher and other clock widgets but I just couldn't get used to Google keyboard. Selecting the word to autocomplete then having to press the spacebar is an extra keystroke when using the iphone or Google keyboard. With Swiftkey you select the word to autocomplete AND it inserts the space for you.

I had a frustrating time with imessage, I had to log out of all my iDevice first. Then disassociate my phone number from all of them, then I could log back in.

One of my favorite things about Android is the choices in keyboards. SwiftKey really makes text entry really easy. It takes a little getting used to, but after a bit of practice, swiping and the predictive text makes quick work of all my text entry.
    fldude99 and Ry like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Yea..although there's the occasional person that likes to stand up and say they don't use swiftkey to be "individual", I would like to see a survey. I'd have to say 70% of all android users use swiftkey a majority of the time.
    Uhhhh...

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Ry

Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thetruthkc View Post
    I had a frustrating time with imessage, I had to log out of all my iDevice first. Then disassociate my phone number from all of them, then I could log back in.
    That's typical.

a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

Quote Originally Posted by atkjhi View Post
    I want to keep my Moto X as stock as possible and stopped using Nova Launcher and other clock widgets but I just couldn't get used to Google keyboard. Selecting the word to autocomplete then having to press the spacebar is an extra keystroke when using the iphone or Google keyboard. With Swiftkey you select the word to autocomplete AND it inserts the space for you.
    At least on mine, when I select a word from auto complete it may look like the space isn't there since the cursor hasn't moved, but if I just start typing the next word it automatically inserts the space. Give it a try. What does annoy me, though, is that it doesn't automatically insert a space after a comma.

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that the majority (or close to majority) of Android users use whatever keyboard came installed on their phone. I'm sure a lot of people who aren't geeks like us aren't really aware of the keyboard options available to them. If SwiftKey has a majority of Android users, it's probably only because their software comes preinstalled on Samsung phones.
    I had the motorola droid on verizon when I first got swiftkey. It replaced my blackberry storm. It was #1 android app then.. I took a hiatus from android for awhile. I went windows phone, then iphone, etc. I always missed swiftkey. I always thought texting on android was better then the other phones. When I got my dna in janury, I still owned swiftkey and my previous apps. Its been what, 3 years now?

swiftkey is still the #1 app I believe. Thats a whole lot of people downloading, and I have no idea how much money.

I think being at the top of the chart gets the word out to non geeks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast