Griffin Car Dock.... Car Mode

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
So I got the Griffin car dock and love it. Assist Drive mode works awesome with it. Seems my voice is being received better than without it.

My question is today for the first time I noticed it was in Car Mode but I couldn't access it to see what it is. When I pull the status bar down to touch and open it like any other app in the tab, it says to exit touch here lol. I'll mess with it more later, I was just wondering if anyone had some insight for me before I find time to find out on my own

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Your car dock might trigger car mode on your phone. Not sure about how this is done with Motorola phones ... other brands do this with detecting modified pins on the car dock's microUSB connector.

myRT

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Your car dock might trigger car mode on your phone. Not sure about how this is done with Motorola phones ... other brands do this with detecting modified pins on the car dock's microUSB connector.

Right. I've used one once before but I used it for a camera mount. Used my phone for recording my drives. Long story. This dock doesn't have a hole for the camera..... Yet! But that dock did what you described as does this one it seems. I just can't seem to find how to access it's features.

Posted via my MotoX

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Could be an app or widget like 'car mode' or, like one of my phones, which had it on Settings. :)

Update: No, there isn't such an app, you've to install one from Play Store .... found this .... :)
http://www.androidcentral.com/griffin-motorola-x-car-dock

I have the car dock and it puts your phone in automatic car mode. You can SOMETIMES turn off car mode by dragging your notification screen and disable car mode. However, the moto x sometimes does not give you that option, and you have to wait for a period of time not moving and not connected to the dock.

Posted via Android Central App

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The carmode isn't anqpp or a widget.
It'll listen better from what I heard and automatically activates the moto assist driving features.

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I was surprised that no actual app launched when I got the dock. Some research led me to check out Car Home Ultra. It's pretty nice and very customizable.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Lately, I've been having a lot of trouble getting my phone to go into Car Mode when I put it in the dock. It usually takes 2-3+ tries to get it to "take". Anyone else having this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know for sure if the camera will work while docked? I know I'd have to drill a hole in it. It's the only thing keeping me from buying a dock...

I like to fool with time lapse from time to time :D

That's an old one done with a windows phone...

At night:

Sorry if too OT but it's fun to do!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36