Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bd1212
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Metallic Red or Metallic Blue accents... Pics?

So, I've decided to return my G2 to Verizon and get a Moto X instead. With MotoMaker rumored to be coming to to Verizon on the 11th, I'm stuck on what I want to get. I'd prefer the metallic red accents, but on the MotoMaker website it looks more pinkish. I'm also debating between blue. Can someone post pics of their metallic red accents and metallic blue accents and let me know if the metallic red one is more pink than red?

Default Re: Metallic Red or Metallic Blue accents... Pics?

There's gotta be a "show your custom X" thread on here somewhere. If not, google has a ton of pics of custom X's.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sunburned View Post
    There's gotta be a "show your custom X" thread on here somewhere. If not, google has a ton of pics of custom X's.
    There is, and I read through the entire thread. Only one other person asked this question and no one answered him; likewise, nobody posted a picture of a Moto X with the red accents, only a few of the blue.

the color is cherry so its reddish
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Why did ypu return the G2? Just curious. Just for motomaker?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    321 Global Posts

Yea I noticed that on the website too. I'd just go with the blue over red for this reason. Last thing I would want is a phone that comes in with pink accents lol.

Posted via Android Central App

Go to an AT&T store and look for the Moto X customization. You can see the colors without worrying about the computer screen being out of color adjustment.

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I think there was a thing that if you didn't like the color/material you can send it back and recustomize it.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bnjf View Post
    Why did ypu return the G2? Just curious. Just for motomaker?

For one, the camera is wildly inconsistent and overall just bad. For every one picture that you take that is decent to good, you'll have 10 crappy pictures. It completely messes up white balance and overexposes it to the point where anything that has even a hint of light shining down on it will have white, muted colors. It also takes a long time to snap pictures, especially at night. We're talking like 5-10 seconds just for it to focus in low-light, which can be very annoying when people are waiting for you to snap a picture (which happened to me on halloween night when it took nearly 10 seconds for the camera to focus with flash, causing the subjects of my picture to ask me numerous times if I had taken the picture yet). Coming from the Galaxy S4 (a phone I was not to fond of) I was expecting a similar camera experience, but there really is no comparison. The S4 took amazing pictures, while the G2 just looks like it was taken on an old Droid 2. Pictures from the Moto X after the camera update look really, really good in comparison and the camera seems a lot faster than the G2's.

Not only that, but the battery life, in my opinion, was great, but not mind-blowing. On the stock LG ROM I managed around 4 hours of screen-on time and with CM10.2 I managed around 3-6 hours of screen-on time, although it was very inconsistent (one day I'd get 6 hours of screen-on time and the next day I'd only get 3 or 4 hours of screen-on time doing the exact same thing). So yeah, battery wasn't amazing like everybody claimed it was. The last reason, while not really a negative, is the buttons on the back. I actually really liked them... just not on the Verizon variant. The location is fine, but they're far to small and similarly shaped, so I would always hit the power button when trying to adjust the volume. Oh, and a side note, the GPS on this phone flat out sucks, and it's not just my phone, either. Many users have reported poor GPS signal, and I've experienced this first hand on stock LG ROMs, custom LG ROMs, and CM10.2. It just doesn't get a good lock. I'll have navigation going while I drive down the highway and instead of the dot being at my location, it'll be maybe 250 feet to the right so when a turn comes up, the whole thing just goes nuts trying to reroute or do this or that.

In contrast, the Moto X comes out of the box running nearly stock Android with some very nice improvements. It also has a wonderful camera after the update that is also very fast. The design is much, much nicer (and with MotoMaker coming to Verizon on Monday, it'll only get better) and the phone is significantly easier to use with one-hand while still having a big display. Battery life has also been reported as very good, with some users even seeing 6 hours of screen-on time (rivaling the G2). The only thing I'm not looking forward too is the downgrade in the display quality, but other than that I'm looking forward to it. I'm still debating whether or not to get a 16GB or 32GB, though.
    Thanked by:
    dmark44 likes this.

Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I was debating on the Moto vs G2 a while back. Im on AT&T and I recently decided Moto x. The Att variant of the G2 seems to have some issues but I really liked the screen size and clearity. The phone seems to be well thought out but not well executed. I was just curious on your take and I think I'll be making the right choice with the X. I really want that wood back though.

I posted a comment about the red colors (main or accents) not looking "right" on the Motomaker site on the sticky thread and got lambasted for it. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thought the reds didn't look like the actual colors. I can say the red samples in the store/in person look very nice compared to the Motomaker site. But I haven't seen the accent colors yet in person.

Good choice. I'm too enamored with my Nexus 5 right now, but I switched from a G2 to Moto X as well.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    Good choice. I'm too enamored with my Nexus 5 right now, but I switched from a G2 to Moto X as well.

How do you think the Moto X compares to your Nexus 5? Better; worse?

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    I posted a comment about the red colors (main or accents) not looking "right" on the Motomaker site on the sticky thread and got lambasted for it. Apparently, I'm not the only one who thought the reds didn't look like the actual colors. I can say the red samples in the store/in person look very nice compared to the Motomaker site. But I haven't seen the accent colors yet in person.
    I don't know how no one else seems to be noticing it, it's pretty evident on the MotoMaker website. The red metallic accents look pink, simple as that. So when you looked at it in-store the red actually was red? I'm going to Best Buy tomorrow to have a look at the Moto X display area to see if I like red or blue accents more. I'm going for a pretty basic look, though. Black front, woven black back, and colored accents (blue or red are my top pics, but all of the accents look nice).

Quote Originally Posted by Bnjf View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to write all that. I was debating on the Moto vs G2 a while back. Im on AT&T and I recently decided Moto x. The Att variant of the G2 seems to have some issues but I really liked the screen size and clearity. The phone seems to be well thought out but not well executed. I was just curious on your take and I think I'll be making the right choice with the X. I really want that wood back though.

No problem! I don't know why, but I love giving honest mini-reviews on phones. I hate seeing people purchase a phone expecting it to be an amazing device because of what others had said, only to find that it's really not that great of a phone. I think it's because I hate when it happens to me, like with the Galaxy S4 and G2, so I don't like seeing it happen to others. But anyways, you definitely hit the nail on the head, the G2 just wasn't well executed. Great ideas and it really is an innovative phone, but it wasn't done correctly, if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    FWIW, I was playing with Motomaker this morning and noticed if you switch to the 3D view, the red accent colors change from dark red to light pink as the phone rotates and the accents reflect the light source. Comparing it to the static image, they definitely chose one of the shots where the red accents look pink.