Bought a Moto X Pin, when do I sign the contract?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So Best Buy has AT&T 16GB Moto X's for $50 right now, and you can buy the pin card to do Moto Maker for the same price, so that is what I bought. I did not give my AT&T account information to anyone at Best Buy (I have bought a lot of phones there and I'm 100% sure I didn't give them my info or sign the contract). I asked about this and was told I would enter the info during the checkout process on the Moto Maker site. Moto Maker never asked for my AT&T info and I didn't sign a contract at that point. So I looked at the back of the card and saw the instructions to the associate said to activate the line then check the customer out. Does the contract come with phone when it ships or did Best Buy goof and give me the contract price with no contract? I only paid $30 at Best Buy (I had $20 in Reward Zone points) and already got my order confirmation from Motorola. It is supposed to arrive Saturday. Any input or clarification would be helpful.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like Best Buy goofed. They should have had you sign the contract there. If you have the Pin Moto won't go through the carrier.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
They definitely messed up and were supposed to have you sign a new contract there. Looks like you just got a brand-new customized Moto X for $30 without wasting an upgrade! :)

I'd still suggest logging into your AT&T account online to check and see if your upgrade was somehow used.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They definitely messed up and were supposed to have you sign a new contract there. Looks like you just got a brand-new customized Moto X for $30 without wasting an upgrade! :)

I'd still suggest logging into your AT&T account online to check and see if your upgrade was somehow used.

I have been and the upgrade still is there

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This is pretty much what I figured. No one in the mobile department had actually sold a Moto X PIN. Sweet. Maybe I'll get a Note 3 or Lumia 1020 with the upgrade. Or hold onto it for the X2 or some other interesting phone that comes out down the pipeline.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user