Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Verizon Soak Test Coming???

So I just got an email from the Motorola Feedback Network saying there was an upcoming soak test and I filled out the survey......could this be Kit Kat already???? I have a Verizon Moto X.

Default Re: New Verizon Soak Test Coming???

Widely reported - check this forum and the AC home page.
    The belief is 4.4

Quote Originally Posted by dpw2atox View Post
    So I just got an email from the Motorola Feedback Network saying there was an upcoming soak test and I filled out the survey......could this be Kit Kat already???? I have a Verizon Moto X.

Woo! Someone's excited (me)

-Moto X-

Quote Originally Posted by dpw2atox View Post
    Yes it is KitKat. Or so I'm told by someone that says they know

Posted via my MotoX

odd for verizon to get this before other carriers for once

Quote Originally Posted by asylvia View Post
    Maybe motorola got angry? lol...

That's yet to be seen

Give them time, they will probably screw it up lol

I'm most excited about the host card emulator that should let Google Wallet tap and pay finally work. Although I'm sure Verizon is searching for any possible way to not let that happen

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    H2o likes this.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

So much for the nondisclosure agreement you sign when you sign up for soak tests.
    Thanked by:
    hub1, scrounger, KWKSLVR and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    So much for the nondisclosure agreement you sign when you sign up for soak tests.
    Exactly. But at the same time it gets more people to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network. I think it's a good thing that its on the forums on sites like this vs being in Verizon's forums. As much as we may deny it, I get the feeling that Verizon is aware of the soak testing...
    @workMakin$

Am I the only one who doesn't really see anything all that exciting about KitKat? Seriously, it seems like the biggest change made is support for lower end devices. I don't think there's anything in the features set that says "wow" to me for what I already have with 4.2.2 in the X.

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't really see anything all that exciting about KitKat? Seriously, it seems like the biggest change made is support for lower end devices. I don't think there's anything in the features set that says "wow" to me for what I already have with 4.2.2 in the X.
    I think people with the Moto X are excited because KitKat just came out earlier this month and Motorola said that the Moto X will be updated in a matter of weeks. There are features to KitKat that people are excited for. Myself, I like the fact that they made it so that you can use Tap & Pay with Google Wallet no matter what device you have. There is also the cloud printing that I want to try out. I also hear that the battery life will be improved as well. I already get great battery life just using this phone with LTE on all day with no Wi-Fi. I can only imagine how it will be on 4.4. Did I mention the caller ID improvements? Images of business that call you will pop up even if they are not in your contacts. I know I'm excited.
    @workMakin$
    Iceman0803 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by radgatt View Post
    As much as we may deny it, I get the feeling that Verizon is aware of the soak testing...
    Do you honestly think Verizon isn't going to know about the testing of software that will be used with their network?

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    Do you honestly think Verizon isn't going to know about the testing of software that will be used with their network?
    Yeah I know they know. I just wonder why Motorola wants to keep it a 'secret'...Unless they don't want the non tech people asking questions. That's the only thing I can think of...
    @workMakin$

Exactly. But at the same time it gets more people to sign up for the Motorola Feedback Network. I think it's a good thing that its on the forums on sites like this vs being in Verizon's forums. As much as we may deny it, I get the feeling that Verizon is aware of the soak testing...
    I agree, it got me to sign up for it, and I hope to receive the invite. The more people testing it, the more stable the release will be

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by msnider23 View Post
    I agree, it got me to sign up for it, and I hope to receive the invite. The more people testing it, the more stable the release will be

Exactly...
    @workMakin$

soak testing is part of verizon/att software approval process pretty much, verizon and att both ask for soak test to be done and produce the results.. Its the last step is carrier approval process.

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

I don't quite see the need for the nondisclosure agreement myself - but that's not the point. Motorola has asked people who want to participate in the MFN to agree to them - if you agree to the NDA, you are breaking your word if you don't honor that. That's just not defensible in my book.
    Thanked by:
    myRT likes this.

Global Posts
    685 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    I don't quite see the need for the nondisclosure agreement myself - but that's not the point. Motorola has asked people who want to participate in the MFN to agree to them - if you agree to the NDA, you are breaking your word if you don't honor that. That's just not defensible in my book.
    True
    @workMakin$

Being a member of the MFN does not limit you to soak testing. You could be asked to beta test new software for your phone or even a new device, although we would never know because you would be under a NDA. I had a friend who was a beta tester for Dragon because he had a unique southern drawl & the program understood him.

Posted via Android Central App

Another thought: anyone think that rather than this being 4.4, this could be an update that enables band 4?

I'd love that as much as 4.4.

Another thought: anyone think that rather than this being 4.4, this could be an update that enables band 4?

I'd love that as much as 4.4.
    That is so coincidental. Came back home from So Cal yesterday and passed 3 cell towers. Workers were up there and VZ trucks were below.
    Maybe just routine maintenance....or enjoying a cold one @ 0:beer thirty

Seeing how this would be the first time Verizon has EVERYONE gotten software out before anyone else, I'd bet on it not being Kitkat. Unless we of the gsm are about to get it. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ShoelerDroid View Post
    Seeing how this would be the first time Verizon has EVERYONE gotten software out before anyone else, I'd bet on it not being Kitkat. Unless we of the gsm are about to get it. :-)

Yep your right....OH wait galaxy s4 4.3 update wants to talk to you about that. if Moto x gets 4.4 soon from vzw a lot of peoples opinion about vzw should change in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonjar View Post
    Yep your right....OH wait galaxy s4 4.3 update wants to talk to you about that.
    I'm sure the reason that happened was so that Verizon could sell more Galaxy Gears.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast