Good music player for Moto X? Any difference to audio quality?

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I had this for less than a day and have spent a couple hours already listening to some music with the Google Play Music already installed on it, and comparing it to Amazon MP3 player (because I have music in their cloud). I ended up downloading some cloud music so I can listen to same songs with both players, alternating between them. For one, the equalizer doesn't work with Amazon MP3 (neither the app one or the phone's built-in audio effects one). In any case the flat (off) sounds best to me. As an aside, Amazon equalizer didn't work with LG G2 either.

My question is does it make a difference which music player you use in terms of quality? Do they all sound the same because it goes through the phone's hardware anyway? Or can there be differences, even subtle? It may be in my mind but I think the Play Music sounds a bit higher quality than Amazon but not sure why that would be the case if playing the same mp3 file and no audio effects are supposedly set for either.

I have fairly decent sennheiser headphones but I'm also comparing with sub-$10 garbage ones just for the sake of it.