Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bluetooth Crashing When Connecting to Car

I have bluetooth in my car for calls and music. It's happened every time so far -- if I have bluetooth on already and get into the car and start the car up, the phone will attempt to connect, will freeze, and then give me a "Process system is not responding" error -- it'll fix itself in a minute or so. This also happens in my friend's Avalon with her Moto X. If I have Bluetooth turned off when I start the car, and then turn Bluetooth on, it will work fine though.

Can anyone confirm/deny?

Default Re: Bluetooth Crashing When Connecting to Car

I have a Droid Maxx which runs on very similar software and have no such issues with my Acura TSX. I've noticed it may not connect automatically if I don't have Bluetooth activated when my car starts and begins to look for it. Have you tried to repair the device(s) to the specific cars?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse2K View Post
    I have a Droid Maxx which runs on very similar software and have no such issues with my Acura TSX. I've noticed it may not connect automatically if I don't have Bluetooth activated when my car starts and begins to look for it. Have you tried to repair the device(s) to the specific cars?
    Yeah, to no luck. It just seems to be very finicky -- my car has a 3.5mm jack that I've been using in the meantime for music, but it's sort of annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by z4iken View Post
    Yeah, to no luck. It just seems to be very finicky -- my car has a 3.5mm jack that I've been using in the meantime for music, but it's sort of annoying.
    What kind of car (Year, Make and Model) do you drive? Navigation or no navigation? I will try and look into whether or not the car has a Technical Service Bulletin [TSB] for Bluetooth issues.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

just thought u would like to know, I have same issue with droid maxx. worked perfect to a mercedes bluetooth, until I took the 4.4.2 bluetooth update. Now the bluetooth crashes randomly in the middle of phone calls, even though it reconnects. what is really strange is I loose being able to hear from car audio system but the person on the other end cannot tell anything is wrong i.e. he hears no change in audio.

You might try deleting the pairing; (on the car and on the phone); turn the car off/on, reboot the phone, and then re-pair the phone. If BT improvements were made in the update, that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by martgoodall View Post
    just thought u would like to know, I have same issue with droid maxx. worked perfect to a mercedes bluetooth, until I took the 4.4.2 bluetooth update. Now the bluetooth crashes randomly in the middle of phone calls, even though it reconnects. what is really strange is I loose being able to hear from car audio system but the person on the other end cannot tell anything is wrong i.e. he hears no change in audio.

ROM
    Stock

Also try turning off the car as a trusted device. Had to do that in my challenger

Posted via Android Central App
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.