Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X Discontinued

Today I was informed the Moto X was discontinued. I know this is complete BS, because it came from a non corporate AT&T store managers mouth (oh....and he just so happen to speak with a motorola rep 2 days before) So sick of how employees are willing to spin a web of lies just to increase a potential commission.

His reason for discontined Moto X
    - "Phone was a dud"
    - "Moto G is replacing it"
    - "Motorola rep told me"
    - "They are not making a wood model"
    - "AT&T wont carry it after this month"
    - "we already sent back some of our old stock for credit, and have to send back the rest at the end of the month"

If you don't believe me, call the store yourself

8241 South Howell Avenue
    Oak Creek, WI 53154
    (414) 768-1066
    Banned

Default Re: Moto X Discontinued

I think he suffers from iOS syndrome.

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4
    UJ95x likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by uffda_x View Post
    Today I was informed the Moto X was discontinued. I know this is complete BS,
    Then why even bother posting it.......?
    bp3dots and Ry like this.

I did find this:

but couldn't confirm anything further. Doubt moto/google is going to scrap all the effort they put into the X.

"Moto G is replacing it"
    Shoulda called him out on his BS right there by asking "Why would Motorola discontinue the X for the G when the G doesn't even have LTE, which you know most consumers want?"
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I agree, the phone is a great concept and they just released moto maker on other networks, way to soon for them to scrap it. The ATT rep just wanted to sell me a different phone, but was pulling out all the stops trying to sway my decision on a Moto X.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Called him out on the fact that the moto G was an entry level phone, also on the idea of the moto x being discontinued while they release moto maker on other networks. Very delusional store manager.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Probably because they're on commission and don't make as much on the X.

Go to Best Buy, they're not on commission.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thats what I figured, trying to up sell me a phone they make more commission on. The reality is, as a person who makes commission sales, there is a point when you suck up the ego and make the sale, a lower commission is better than no commission.

Thats what I figured, trying to up sell me a phone they make more commission on. The reality is, as a person who makes commission sales, there is a point when you suck up the ego and make the sale, a lower commission is better than no commission.
    4/5 people i've asked that worked in wireless stores were really lackluster on the X. The only one who was into it was someone who didn't have one and wanted one cuz he was still on an iPhone 4 and wanted a bigger screen but not too big a phone. And that was before the price drop.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were. Everything i like gets discontinued. lol. And all good stuff gets discontinued as well. I'm always wondering what is wrong with people that they don't know how good these things are. People are weird. Ikea had this super amazing foldout over the door thing to hand dry your clothes on. They immediately discontinued it even though it was the best thing ever. Most of my favorite makeup and skincare is discontinued. Now i just buy things in multiples. But alas, with cell phones, that doesn't solve the problem.

Signed, former Palm Pre user.

When I got my x at the Att corporate store they acted like I was crazy for not getting "a galaxy" cause apparently they are so much better than all other androids lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP

Quote Originally Posted by benhmadison View Post
    When I got my x at the Att corporate store they acted like I was crazy for not getting "a galaxy" cause apparently they are so much better than all other androids lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    No, you're not crazy for not getting a galaxy, you're crazy because of your Cowboys avatar. How 'bout dem Saints...
    Thanked by 2:
    Bnjffldude99 
    fldude99 and Farish like this.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Then why even bother posting it.......?
    Exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Willie View Post
    No, you're not crazy for not getting a galaxy, you're crazy because of your Cowboys avatar. How 'bout dem Saints...
    Ouch!

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Hmm the last 5 days I have seen endless Moto x commercials on TV, weird for a phone they are killing :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    MERCDROID likes this.

I doubt the x will be discontinued soon. The moto g launch yesterday showed the CEO saying a sharp increase in moto x sales after motomaker opened up.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Today I was informed the Moto X was discontinued. I know this is complete BS, because it came from a non corporate AT&T store managers mouth (oh....and he just so happen to speak with a motorola rep 2 days before) So sick of how employees are willing to spin a web of lies just to increase a potential commission.

His reason for discontined Moto X
    - "Phone was a dud"
    - "Moto G is replacing it"
    - "Motorola rep told me"
    - "They are not making a wood model"
    - "AT&T wont carry it after this month"
    - "we already sent back some of our old stock for credit, and have to send back the rest at the end of the month"

If you don't believe me, call the store yourself

8241 South Howell Avenue
    Oak Creek, WI 53154
    (414) 768-1066
    I'm 10 minutes away, from that store. I should go in there and cause some trouble. It'll be fun.

It wouldn't be the first time, a carrier store rep or manager has outright lied. I could be wrong, though: that particular store may have stopped selling the Moto X. Is that even a possibility?
    Motorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4..4)-->Nexus 5 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Note 3 (Stock 4.4.2)-->Nokia Lumia 1520 (Red)

Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->Samsung Chromebook-->Asus Republic of Gamers/iPad Mini with Retina Display
    asdrew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Willie View Post
    Cowboys die hard for life! Unfortunately it's more of the same mediocrity and terrible defense. Saints look good this year. Definitely top 3 or 4 teams so far. I live in Louisiana so I get plenty of crap for being a Cowboys fan but I am used to it
    Nexus 5-Black
    Rooted 4.4.2
    TWRP
    jlambeth1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickfl View Post
    Hmm the last 5 days I have seen endless Moto x commercials on TV, weird for a phone they are killing :-)

This... I've noticed a huge increase in TV ads specifically over the past week or so, which I assume is tied to the expansion of Motomaker - neither of which seem like things that would be done for a phone being discontinued.

MERCDROID likes this.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

It was little different for me. Talking to the AT&T rep on the phone, she was very nice and was trying to be helpful but knew nothing about the Moto X. I was trying to see if I could get the code for the upgrade and use the Moto Maker. No idea, I had her goto the website and see what I was talking about. Silence.....silence.....Oh this is so cool....I hear from her. I then proceed to tell her about the voice and display, she says she will look into getting one now and thanked me

Of course I thanked her, even though I was not able to do the Moto Maker, I did get one in Black that is out for delivery today

I can't speak for AT&T or Moto but when I bought my moto x, the sales guy said his store hadn't sold a single one before me.
    I hate it for moto, this phone is amazing, spec wh0res just don't get it....
    I even saw spec wh0res moaning about specs on the $179 no contract moto G....
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8

There is one way to tell that the G isn't the replacement for the X - No LTE.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MERCDROID View Post
    I'm 10 minutes away, from that store. I should go in there and cause some trouble. It'll be fun.

It wouldn't be the first time, a carrier store rep or manager has outright lied. I could be wrong, though: that particular store may have stopped selling the Moto X. Is that even a possibility?
    I just called the store. They claimed they carried the Moto X but would not say anything more.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    I can't speak for AT&T or Moto but when I bought my moto x, the sales guy said his store hadn't sold a single one before me.
    I hate it for moto, this phone is amazing, spec wh0res just don't get it....
    I even saw spec wh0res moaning about specs on the $179 no contract moto G....
    Its a pretty good phone if you're going for a overseas trip or something

Sent from Samsung Z1 GPE on T-Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast