Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By thefirsttimeBBuser
  • 1 Post By Tech First
  • 1 Post By randomdude
  • 1 Post By michaels_epp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X with Republic Wireless?

Anyone get their Moto X from Republic Wireless? If so, how good is their service and have you been with them before?

I'm thinking about buying a Moto X from them and would like to know if they're legit or not or any other information.

Default Re: Moto X with Republic Wireless?

I placed an order for the Moto X. I am in PA and I'm going to test it out to see how the coverage is. I figured I would pull the trigger and see how the service is before I can my plan with AT&T. They offer the 30 day return so I figured why not.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When you get it, reply back here with what you think about it!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

I'd be a bit wary of Republic Wireless. It just seems like it'd be a major hassle to have to make sure you're constantly on wifi.

The $5 dollar plan is the only one that you have to stay on WiFi to use. All the other plans include unlimited talk and text on cellular. In the case of the $25 and $45 dollar plans you have unlimited data on cellular at 3G and 4G speeds respectably.
    Samzzie likes this.

Yea I went ahead and purchased one Friday evening. I got the unlimited call/msg 5gb, 4G LTE plan since I actually have sprint LTE in my area (and spreading fairly quickly to outlying areas too). But ya I'm interested to see how the wifi calling works and of course $300 for a Moto X is awesome.
    Samzzie likes this.

i'm curious about this too. the sprint LTE service in houston sounds sub-par at best, and that's going to help decide whether or not this will be worth buying.
    Samzzie likes this.

I have had it for two days and everything seems to be on par if not better than AT&T/T-Mobile in small town Minnesota. All of my WiFi calls have been smooth and clear on both ends and I can make calls in my basement with WiFi which I couldn't do on the other carriers. So far I am extremely pleased.

Sent from my Republic Wireless Moto X using AC Forums mobile app
    Samzzie likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Sweet I'm excited to hear that. I'll be ordering mine Monday

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

I've had mine since Wednesday and I'm loving it so far! Sprint's coverage in Milwaukee isn't the greatest, but Wi-Fi is available to me for 70% of the time so its not such a big deal. Call quality has been excellent so far and the phone itself is awesome. My only complaint is that we had to wait so long for something this awesome.

sent from cheese

I received mine Friday. I'm in southern Virginia and sprint has 4g LTE. I get 1.4mbps DL 480mbps UL on 3g and 17mbps DL 1.5mbps UL on 4g.

As for the phone, in coming room the galaxy s3 to the moto x and couldn't be happier.

My only issue is no tether but republic wireless states they will be adding a plan next year. Until then I'll be trying BBB freedom pop.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk