Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Motorola warranty

Does anyone have any experience with the warranty? $90 seems like a no brainer but not if the service is crazy. I am usually a little rough on my phone and typically use Sprint's service at least twice in the 2 year agreement

Posted via Android Central App

I did not buy it but wish I had. I used a credit I had with square trade so my phone is covered but that moto care looks pretty good.

Sent from my bada$$ Nexus 5
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Default Re: Motorola warranty

Quote Originally Posted by steve41015 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the warranty? $90 seems like a no brainer but not if the service is crazy. I am usually a little rough on my phone and typically use Sprint's service at least twice in the 2 year agreement

thats a good deal considering that it has Accidental damage and extended mechanical coverage for 2 years.

i would say get it
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Can you get it on a Verizon Moto X now? I know you couldn't prior to MotoMaker, but didn't know if things changed now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

The only thing you lose by going with Motorola is lost & stolen coverage. If that's a concern, Asurion might still be worth looking at, but IMO Motorola is significantly better. I just wish it was an option on Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by tnt118 View Post
    The only thing you lose by going with Motorola is lost & stolen coverage. If that's a concern, Asurion might still be worth looking at, but IMO Motorola is significantly better. I just wish it was an option on Verizon.
    So it's definitely not an option on Verizon?

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Can you get it on a Verizon Moto X now? I know you couldn't prior to MotoMaker, but didn't know if things changed now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    not with verizon i think but u get $50 discount this weekend
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    not with verizon i think but u get $50 discount this weekend
    Man that totally sucks. I would gladly pay for that. I hate Verizon for the little things they do like this.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Why wouldn't it be an option on Verizon? Motorola's just covering the physical phone; I suppose they have to be able to reactivate if for you but this doesn't seem to be a problem for other carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildo6882 View Post
    Man that totally sucks. I would gladly pay for that. I hate Verizon for the little things they do like this.
    I just ordered one and glad I did. $50 is $50. Then looked for the Moto Care Extended Warranty and it didn't exist. Chated with about 3 different people on Moto's site and they just told me "go see Verizon".
    Agree with ya Wildo6882. Used Amex so at least got 1 extra year out of them.

Good news thanks to this thread. I ordered my Moto X on Oct 25 so I was able to buy the 2 year moto care coverage for 85! Cancelled my square trade and got a $135 refund!
    Last edited by planoman; 11-17-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alphabets View Post
    So it's definitely not an option on Verizon?

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app
    I think Verizon pretty much wants to rope everyone into their $10/month insurance. In all reality, insurance is a rip off in the long run. I've never purchased insurance and I've had some form of "smart" phone for almost 8 years now. If I had purchased insurance for all of them, at $10/month, I'd have spent a few dollars short of $1000 on insurance that I wouldn't have used once (not to mention the $50 or whatever you still spend to get a replacement in addition to the insurance "premium"). I've never found it difficult to take care of devices and mathematically, the day I crush one and have to pay full retail for a replacement is still a day I come out on top. Mathematically, I have crushing 2 devices before I reach the even mark.

Take care of your devices people!

asdrew likes this.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Also, bear in mind that it's like buying an extended warranty on something from Worst Buy. They offer it because it's essentially pure profit. If it didn't profit them, they wouldn't offer it. It's not like buying a device that profits them and you, in this case, it's something that only profits them.

asdrew likes this.

I almost never buy insurance on my electronics - including cell phones. So, I am basically self-insuring things by keeping my money in my wallet. You win some you loose some, but I figure that through the years, I am WAAAAYYY ahead by not purchasing all these extended warranties. In this case, I figure, if my MotoX were to die in the next 2 years, I will just purchase the Nexus5 for $350. If you are the type that takes comfort in extended warranties, the one from Motorola seems like a better deal than getting the monthly insurance from your cell phone company though.

Insurance is always a rip-off...until you need it!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app
    alphabets likes this.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Can the Motorola Warranty only be bought at checkout? Or do you have something like 30 days to purchase it?

Edit: Never mind. Motorola states here that you have 30 days to purchase extended warranty:
    Last edited by jdbii; 12-03-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: found answer

Quote Originally Posted by Postoid View Post
    Used Amex so at least got 1 extra year out of them.
    How does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    Can the Motorola Warranty only be bought at checkout? Or do you have something like 30 days to purchase it?

Edit: Never mind. Motorola states here that you have 30 days to purchase extended warranty:
    but how do you add it? I see no way to register a device you have just bought

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mattopotamus View Post
    but how do you add it? I see no way to register a device you have just bought
    I couldn't fine one either. I linked with live Chat and asked if Republic Wireless phones were eligible to purchase it and CR rep said he didn't think so. Only took a minutes to connect with Chat CR Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by KWKSLVR View Post
    Also, bear in mind that it's like buying an extended warranty on something from Worst Buy. They offer it because it's essentially pure profit. If it didn't profit them, they wouldn't offer it. It's not like buying a device that profits them and you, in this case, it's something that only profits them.

Dropped my moto 6 weeks after i bought it and screen cracked. Woulda cost me $175 to fix (didn't have to though, cuz moto lost it and paid for a new phone). One drop. The $80 is a great price for 2 years, and a very low $40 deductible. I see people walking around with cracked samsungs all the time. I can't be doing that. lol. although i know it's $120 total for of 1 drop, so it's pretty close to full price of a drop, i have so little faith in the build of phones now, that i can imagine it happening more than once. BB is expensive but i did get it for my dvd player cuz reviews kept saying it died after a certain amount of time, and the cost of the insurance was quite low. On occasion insurance is worth it.
    jdbii likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Dropped my moto 6 weeks after i bought it and screen cracked. Woulda cost me $175 to fix (didn't have to though, cuz moto lost it and paid for a new phone). One drop. The $80 is a great price for 2 years, and a very low $40 deductible. I see people walking around with cracked samsungs all the time. I can't be doing that. lol. although i know it's $120 total for of 1 drop, so it's pretty close to full price of a drop, i have so little faith in the build of phones now, that i can imagine it happening more than once. BB is expensive but i did get it for my dvd player cuz reviews kept saying it died after a certain amount of time, and the cost of the insurance was quite low. On occasion insurance is worth it.
    That scenario actually makes it less appealing. I would rather pay $175 on a "as needed basis" versus $85 whether I use it or not and $125 if I need it. That is how insurance companies survive though

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

That scenario actually makes it less appealing. I would rather pay $175 on a "as needed basis" versus $85 whether I use it or not and $125 if I need it. That is how insurance companies survive though
    I'd rather go the $125. I almost never buy insurance or extended warranties, but in the case of my phone I'd much rather not have hassle with a repair. I think you get a loaner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbii View Post
    I'd rather go the $125. I almost never buy insurance or extended warranties, but in the case of my phone I'd much rather not have hassle with a repair. I think you get a loaner as well.
    That would be a huge factor. The only phone insurance I have bought was applecare and that is b.c you can literally walk in and out with a new phone in 5 minutes.

Global Posts
    612 Global Posts

That would be a huge factor. The only phone insurance I have bought was applecare and that is b.c you can literally walk in and out with a new phone in 5 minutes.
    I deleted my post. I think I understood your meaning.

Global Posts
    425 Global Posts

Apple Care seems like such a scam to me. Those shysters wanted $700 to cover my mother's MBP. Their sales pitch was: "Well, if the screen goes out, it's $1000 to replace it". My answer was, "What if the screen doesn't go out? Do I get a refund? (tongue in check)

I've literally never had a screen go out on a laptop, and I've trashed some computers in my day...like the old Dell I had that slammed from my passenger seat onto the floor no fewer than half a dozen times. That certainly didn't kill the screen. In fact, I'd say that if a $2500 MacBook Pro needs a $700 warranty, then there is something wrong with quality control. The biggest thing to me is how Apple faithful tout AppleCare like it's somehow different than the extended warranty Best Buy offers you on your car charger at check out. No no, it's not like all those USELESS warranties on other things, AppleCare is a must.

It literally numbs my mind.

My Moto X is the first device I've found myself not using a case, just a screen protector with. I have mixed feelings about it because I strongly dislike dinged up phones. But, every time I slip mine into the Air Jacket I bought when I bought the phone, it feels slicker than it does by itself. It also doesn't help that the thing is so tight, I don't see how it doesn't scratch the crap out of a phone every time one goes in or comes out of it. If I drop it and kill it, fine, I'll fork out the cash for a replacement or a repair. I know that drops happen, and I know that sometimes things are out of our control. But always keep in mind that in the end, it's probably wasted cash.

Funny story, a few weeks ago I was hit head on by a negligent driver @55mph. My Galaxy Nexus literally disappeared. When I finally found it, I was pretty surprised. For one, it ended up on my dash board slammed in the crevice where the windshield meets the dash. Two, it didn't have a scratch on it. The screen was fine, and the cheap TPU case that came with my Hyperion battery/back cover, protected it from so much as a scratch. Now that's pretty crazy. I know it's not the same as a 2 year old slamming your phone down screen first onto a concrete sidewalk corner, but again, I think if you take care of your device with some common sense measures, you'll end up saving cash in the long run.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast