Moto X Preformance

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Core count doesn't really matter that much to be honest. Apps have to be written in a way to utilize multiple cores, and most are not unfortunately. What Motorola has done with optimizing their chip is actually better than just dropping in a quad core chip like everyone else is doing. The CPU is 2 optimized cores, then there are 4 optimized GPU cores (which are more important for gaming), then two ultra low powered cores for things like always listening touchless controls. That along with the fact you have a 720p screen instead of a 1080p (more pixels to push) actually makes the Moto X one of, if not the smoothest phone out there right now.

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Lets say screen recording while playing clash of clans

Nope it never shows any signs of slowing down it handles everything you throw at it ..even though it has dial core it is clocked higher than typical quad cores ..and for gaming GPU matters and it has the same GPU as other flagships ( s4 HTC one) ..it actually beats them is smoothness of operation and graphics performance

Posted via Android Central App

madisonjar

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Nope it never shows any signs of slowing down it handles everything you throw at it ..even though it has dial core it is clocked higher than typical quad cores ..and for gaming GPU matters and it has the same GPU as other flagships ( s4 HTC one) ..it actually beats them is smoothness of operation and graphics performance

Posted via Android Central App

so I am guessing when you optomize a dual core it makes it a dial core ;)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Lets say screen recording while playing clash of clans

Can't comment on that particular game.

Plays fine on Candy Crush, Tiny Death Star, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Words With Friends, and Scramble With Friends.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
lets put it this way.... so far i haven't seen anyone say that their Moto X is slow or laggy.

The same statement is not true with Samsung phones(they have quad core). now whats the whole point of having a quad core

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I dont really know much about GPU and CPU, but they are saying GPU is more important and I noticed the moto x and nexus 4 have the same GPU. Everyone knows the nexus 4 is a gaming beast so by my logic the moto x is too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Tech First

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You can think of the GPU as the processor that makes your games run smoothly. CPU is more of a general processor for running basic OS tasks, starting up apps, loading web pages as data comes through etc etc.

If you want to know how the Moto X stacks up I highly encourage you to read this review. Its probably one of if not the best review for it out there.

AnandTech | Moto X Review

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Number of cores only matters is game is properly coded for multithreading. Even then, it may or may not make a difference. I have no idea how many android games are or are not...

The MUCH bigger factor is the resolution. Sense the phone is only 720p, it will have a much easier time pumping out high frame rates than a 1080p phone, assuming that the CPU does not bottle neck for some other reason.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae