KitKat Comes to Moto X First on Verizon Wireless (140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Some Sweet News: KitKat Comes to Moto X First on Verizon Wireless

We see our job as taking the world?s best mobile operating system from Google and building world-class products and experiences for our users. Continually making them better is just as important. So what could be sweeter than Android 4.4, KitKat, rolling out in phases to Moto X on Verizon Wireless starting today!

Our software team has been hard at work bringing the latest version of Android to our Moto X users more quickly than ever. When it came to KitKat, we couldn?t wait to deliver. Our software strategy is to build on a pure Android foundation and complement existing Google services, not compete with them. We think this latest release is just that?all the features you love about your Moto X with the latest Android OS.

The KitKat update brings a bunch of improvements, including some of our favorites:

• An improved phone dialer. Now you can search for contacts directly from the dial-pad and easily see and tap on those you contact frequently.
  • More gallery goodies. KitKat packs in some cool, new gallery effects?such as Posterize, Highlights, and Edges. You can even use the Draw feature to annotate your photos freehand with your finger.
  • New Hangouts app. All of your conversations now in one place?texts, video calls, and other chats all together in one app. Plus, you can now send animated gifs and share your location.
  • Color emojis. For when words aren?t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
  • Drag to focus and expose. An updated camera app lets you control both the focus and exposure of your photos. Simply drag your finger to set just the right exposure and focus point.
  • And more? Restyled status and navigation bars, new full-screen mode, and enhancements to Motorola features like Touchless Control.

And this is just the beginning -- we will have more KitKat for Moto X news to share on other carriers and countries very soon.

For more details and information, please see our release notes or check our software upgrade page.

Posted by Steve Horowitz, Software Engineering

Loving the "new" Motorola.

System version: 140.45.5.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US

Last edited:

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola's Official Blog: KitKat Comes to Moto X First on Verizon Wireless

And Hell has officially frozen over.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Today?! Hot damn!

Posted via Android Central App

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Ugh. I hate being on Verizon. They never get timely upda....

WAIT, WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Cmon AT&T!

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Paradocks

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Not only has Hell frozen over, but I swear I see flying pigs too.

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Damnit, now instead of checking every 5 seconds for the soak test update, I have to check every 2 seconds for the official update!

And just now when I checked, instead of the normal 3 seconds to tell me my phone is up to date, it took about 20 seconds! POS made me think it was here already...

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

So many conversations I wish I could go back to now for gloating rights.
Motorola is changing the game.

The idea that my Moto X might get an OTA before my Nexus 10 is way out there. The Nexus 10 was supposed to be the device I could play with 4.4 on while I waited for the Moto X to get it.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Damnit, now instead of checking every 5 seconds for the soak test update, I have to check every 2 seconds for the official update!

And just now when I checked, instead of the normal 3 seconds to tell me my phone is up to date, it took about 20 seconds! POS made me think it was here already...

n5uxDFO.jpg

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site

That is epic. Is it real?

Edit: LOL after trying the system update 10x in a row trying to get that screen, I pause to search for how to speed up the update. As I pick up my phone to try it out, I see the update has started downloading! Currently at 14%

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm downloading the update as we speak. So excited!

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Here we go. It's pushing now.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Figures when I leave Verizon they start pushing updates. AT&T hopefully won't be far behind.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

Further, that may have been the shortest soak test in history haha

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site

Whoa! My Moto X is downloading a software update right now! No lie. KitKat in 3..2..1..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech