Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 92
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Wink Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Hey guys, got my KitKat update today. Anyone notice any differences with KitKat compared to the Nexus 5, like obviously the Launcher. In addition to that apparently the dialer doesn't have the business search feature. And the widget picker is still in the app drawer. Any other differences.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    ya thats about it I think ..but I kind of having a feeling that nexus is diverging quite a bit from android AOSP and keeping some exclusive features?? kind of strange ..initially everyone thought it was only GEL, now it does seem like dialer app is also kind of nexus 5 exclusive and not in AOSP as moto x didnt get it?, android/google has done strange things this time with kitkat ..effect of sundar?


    Quote Originally Posted by fritzo81 View Post
    Hey guys, got my KitKat update today. Anyone notice any differences with KitKat compared to the Nexus 5, like obviously the Launcher. In addition to that apparently the dialer doesn't have the business search feature. And the widget picker is still in the app drawer. Any other differences.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    I wish we got the new icons, but I suppose they're part of the GEL.
    TheLibertarian likes this.
  4. #4  
    grooks's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    How about the ability to add/delete home screens?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by grooks View Post
    How about the ability to add/delete home screens?
    That's part of the GEL.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by grooks View Post
    How about the ability to add/delete home screens?

    Sent from my Nexus 7
    You'll have to get the GEL and maybe google search from N5 for that. I'm using it and didn't realize it wasn't part of the moto x kit kat due to it already being installed.
    Do you guys have to transparent notifications and nav buttons?
  7. #7  
    grooks's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by ultravisitor View Post
    That's part of the GEL.
    That is what I thought.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Kit Kat broke voice search on Google Search for me. The microphone icon is now an outline and the search field used to say something like "Type or say "Ok Google". Now it doesn't.

    Touchless control (Ok Google Now) still works to initiate actions and searches, but once I've done a search, I can't say Ok Google to continue the searching. I've checked that voice search is checked in settings. I also cleared the data and rebooted. Still doesn't work.
    kevin.slawinski likes this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Does the update force you to use your sms in hangouts. I'll be passed if so. If I wanted **** like that I would have Bought a Nexus

    Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    Revampd likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    Does the update force you to use your sms in hangouts. I'll be passed if so. If I wanted **** like that I would have Bought a Nexus

    Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    No, the text app stayed as the default.
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 
    DS1331 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    Does the update force you to use your sms in hangouts.
    no, its optional.

    but wth is this GE launcher everyone keeps talking about?? i cant find it or figure out how to get it. i cant find immersive mode either
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    one thing i noticed which is REALLY annoying now....when i play music through google play....any time i received a text, the song would kinda fade to play the text jingle, i liked this bc i always knew when i received a text. now it doesnt bother fading, it just plays the jingle normally along w the music. also, i noticed active notifications doesnt always work with texts anymore as it did before 100% of the time. smh
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    I have been testing quite a bit today after kitkat update ..seems to be working ok ..didnt miss any notifications ..you should probably try rebooting or making sure it is enabled in active notification settings?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    one thing i noticed which is REALLY annoying now....when i play music through google play....any time i received a text, the song would kinda fade to play the text jingle, i liked this bc i always knew when i received a text. now it doesnt bother fading, it just plays the jingle normally along w the music. also, i noticed active notifications doesnt always work with texts anymore as it did before 100% of the time. smh
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    I've noticed that my speaker volume is drastically reduced. The max volume seems to be at about half of what it was originally.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat_567 View Post
    you should probably try rebooting or making sure it is enabled in active notification settings?
    rebooted and its active. it just seems a bit buggy.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJuiciestOfJs View Post
    I've noticed that my speaker volume is drastically reduced. The max volume seems to be at about half of what it was originally.
    Upon reboot it's back to normal. Not sure what caused that.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Are these the official update or testing of it?

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    A few things I've noticed that I didn't see explicitly listed with KitKat updates:

    1) The VZW Navigator was re-enabled. I had to disable it again on my and my wife's X's.
    2) When viewing All Apps from the Settings, disabled apps are now listed on their own menu (swipe right to find them) instead of being listed at the bottom of the All section.
    3) HP Print Service Plugin appeared out of nowhere. Had to disable it since I don't have an HP printer
    4) KitKat disrupts how services can see the battery/related info. Therefore, apps like GSam no longer function without root.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by jephanie View Post
    A few things I've noticed that I didn't see explicitly listed with KitKat updates:

    1) The VZW Navigator was re-enabled. I had to disable it again on my and my wife's X's.
    2) When viewing All Apps from the Settings, disabled apps are now listed on their own menu (swipe right to find them) instead of being listed at the bottom of the All section.
    3) HP Print Service Plugin appeared out of nowhere. Had to disable it since I don't have an HP printer
    4) KitKat disrupts how services can see the battery/related info. Therefore, apps like GSam no longer function without root.
    1. rare side effect of updates
    2. its a change google did with android 4.3, disabled apps is now a separate tab
    3. included with nexus devices as well. enable a wide range of wifi printers with kitkat
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  20. #20  
    legendarydog's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    Android Open Kang Project

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    What I did to have a fuller kit kat experience was download nova launcher beta (novalauncher.com/beta>install latest apk on phone). In the settings, you can change the icon theme, app drawer transparency, scroll indicator, folder background color, font, nav and notification bar transparency, and more. I got really confused about what was changed and what was not because I had the launcher installed before the update. It kind of seems like a half a**ed update, but an update is better than no update, so I'm grateful. I'm disappointed that the dialer app does not do business searches and I'm wondering if the business caller ID works. Also, the update seemed to override nova launchers icons, switching the dialer app icon back to the old version. I had to download kit kat HD in order to get the new dialer icon back. It's a little thing, but I like the new icon better. Also, I hope they update Motorola assist to support hangouts.

    Sent from my Moto X
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by legendarydog View Post
    Also, I hope they update Motorola assist to support hangouts.

    Sent from my Moto X
    That should be working fine with this update because Kit Kat allows you to select a default SMS app. Have you seen this not work?
  22. #22  
    legendarydog's Avatar
    Android Enthusiast

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    Android Open Kang Project

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Stang68 View Post
    That should be working fine with this update because Kit Kat allows you to select a default SMS app. Have you seen this not work?
    I didn't have hangouts set as my default app while I was driving yesterday so I didn't get a chance to test it.

    I realize now that I meant to say Motorola connect. I tested sending a text message from another phone and I didn't get a notification on my computer's chrome browser. Hopefully they'll update it soon.

    Sent from my Moto X
  23. #23  
    MHBlink8's Avatar

    Posts
    215 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by legendarydog View Post
    I didn't have hangouts set as my default app while I was driving yesterday so I didn't get a chance to test it.

    I realize now that I meant to say Motorola connect. I tested sending a text message from another phone and I didn't get a notification on my computer's chrome browser. Hopefully they'll update it soon.

    Sent from my Moto X
    The SMS portion of Hangouts is limited to your phone. You won't see any of your SMS conversations on your PC; for now anyway.



    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    Quote Originally Posted by cdmta View Post
    You'll have to get the GEL and maybe google search from N5 for that. I'm using it and didn't realize it wasn't part of the moto x kit kat due to it already being installed.
    Do you guys have to transparent notifications and nav buttons?
    Yes. Transparent notifications and navigation buttons.

    Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Moto X KitKat differences & issues

    anyone care to comment about immersion mode or google experience launcher?? where is this in 4.4? how do u use it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. tethering post kitkat on VZ
    By ericizzy1 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 08:43 PM
  2. ART on Moto X after 4.4 update
    By Pierce09 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2013, 07:19 PM
  3. Anyone solve the 'can't mount' TWRP issues?
    By LeoRex in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
  4. Moto being awesome and all but
    By RorixRebel in forum Moto X
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 11:29 PM
  5. Kitkat performance!
    By bdrakr in forum Moto X
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 10:22 PM

Posting Permissions

B