Bank of America App will not accept check image

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The BOA app will not accept a check deposit image on my T-Mobile Moto X. It works perfectly on my Galaxy Nexus though. It keeps saying that the image is not clear even though the check image is better on the Moto X.

Any ideas? I've tried rebooting the phone.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You might want to leave a 1 star review on the Play Store and state the problem. Maybe that'll bring it to their attention. The app might just need an update.

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem my bank app too, it didn't like the photos. I started taking pictures in darker lighting and that worked.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
How about emailing the developer first before slamming their app?
A bit literal are we? ;) I assumed that was the obvious answer. I doubt very seriously that BoA cares all that much, nor that they have a single developer that is going to be offended by one star reviews, especially with nearly 100,000 downloads. They are fairly inept in most facets of business, so hearing that their app may need some work is not surprising, especially if the OP happens to be on KitKat.

Like I said, I was being sarcastic, but I guess that got missed. I decided to take a look at the app on the play store and the reviews. It actually looks like BoA is quite good at responding to 1 and 2 star reviews and instructing app users on what to do. Props to them on that. It also looks like it's not uncommon for people to have some issues with depositing checks after the newest update, thus implying an app update is probably in order. Yes, it's always good to let a developer know if their app may have some incompatibility with a particular device. I ASSume people are smart enough to come to that conclusion on their own after suggesting that it may be an app compatibility issue if it works on one device, and not another.

Maybe it doesn't come across the right way, but it's all friendly ribbing man. :cool:

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
A bit literal are we? ;) I assumed that was the obvious answer. I doubt very seriously that BoA cares all that much, nor that they have a single developer that is going to be offended by one star reviews, especially with nearly 100,000 downloads. They are fairly inept in most facets of business, so hearing that their app may need some work is not surprising, especially if the OP happens to be on KitKat.

Like I said, I was being sarcastic, but I guess that got missed. I decided to take a look at the app on the play store and the reviews. It actually looks like BoA is quite good at responding to 1 and 2 star reviews and instructing app users on what to do. Props to them on that. It also looks like it's not uncommon for people to have some issues with depositing checks after the newest update, thus implying an app update is probably in order. Yes, it's always good to let a developer know if their app may have some incompatibility with a particular device. I ASSume people are smart enough to come to that conclusion on their own after suggesting that it may be an app compatibility issue if it works on one device, and not another.

Maybe it doesn't come across the right way, but it's all friendly ribbing man. :cool:

Gotcha. I totally missed the "Yes" part of your first answer. My bad.

Guess I'm so used to people leaving 1-star reviews and leaving idiotic comments before even attempting to contact the dev.

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same trouble with my two banking apps, TD Bank and Capital One.

I've never had problems depositing checks with my old HTC Incredible, but on the Moto X the same app(s) reject the check pictures.

The fact that you're having an issue with BOA (and only on the Moto X) is certainly odd. I'll try taking the pictures in different lighting as suggested and see if that makes a difference.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx and my Bank of America app crashes every time I try to take a picture of a check. I have been in contact with B of A on Facebook and they have made a small effort to fix the problem through a phone call. The issue was supposed have been escalated to tech support, but that was three weeks ago and still no update.

acles003

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I also can't deposit a check on my Moto X (AT&T) Bank of America app. Worked fine when I had my HTC One X. Had to resort to using my iPad. I figured it was because the camera quality is not as great on the Moto X.. But I guess it could be fixed with an app update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rastataoist

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Try taking a wider picture of the check than you think. It seems to cut off the edges of what the preview sees, so it thinks you didn't get the whole pic in the check. Look in the preview box to make sure it didn't do this.

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Try taking a wider picture of the check than you think. It seems to cut off the edges of what the preview sees, so it thinks you didn't get the whole pic in the check. Look in the preview box to make sure it didn't do this.

The previews look fine, but I'll try to make the check images a bit smaller to see if it helps.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha. I totally missed the "Yes" part of your first answer. My bad.

Guess I'm so used to people leaving 1-star reviews and leaving idiotic comments before even attempting to contact the dev.

It's all good brother. I miss stuff all the time lately. My eyes (or my brain) must be going! ;)

Posted via Android Central App

asdrew

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had consistent trouble with the Bank of America app on my Atrix HD, Asus Infinity, and now my Moto X - all while the Navy Federal app works flawlessly. BOA only occasionally works all the way through to a deposit, so NFCU gets much more $ deposited to them:-\

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

I just tried this on the Chase app and you're right. In the viewfinder, the whole check is in the picture but once you take it, the left side is cutoff. It worked when I took a wider view of the check in the viewfinder.

shinydiscopants

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

By golly, it works! I just took a smaller picture of the check. Thanks man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac