Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Bnjf
  • 1 Post By clankfu
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    88five-oh's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

    Default Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Its quite astonishing that the Moto X received Kit Kat even sooner than some Nexus devices. That being said, I'm jealous of Verizon, T-Mobile and now AT&T users for getting their chocolatey goodness, while I'm still on 4.2.2 on Sprint.

    Does anyone have a rumored ETA for the Sprint 4.4 update? Lately, Sprint has been on top of getting updates done quickly, so it surprises me that they're behind even Verizon.
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    US Cellular and the Canadians too.

    Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    US Cellular and the Canadians too.

    Posted via Android Central App
    And Republic.

    I think everyone is still in shock that Verizon was the first carrier to get this pushed out. I still think it was a fluke, but time will tell.
  4. #4  
    grooks's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by 88five-oh View Post
    Its quite astonishing that the Moto X received Kit Kat even sooner than some Nexus devices. That being said, I'm jealous of Verizon, T-Mobile and now AT&T users for getting their chocolatey goodness, while I'm still on 4.2.2 on Sprint.

    Does anyone have a rumored ETA for the Sprint 4.4 update? Lately, Sprint has been on top of getting updates done quickly, so it surprises me that they're behind even Verizon.
    I would guess that Sprint should not be too far behind.

    Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    I'm guessing Motorola wanted to stagger the rollouts by carrier so they could keep an eye out on them. Sprint just happened to be last for the big US carriers. With a couple days between each I'd wager Sprint is going to see it very soon.

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Yea I hope Sprint gets the update soon. But since I've been hear issues 4.4 been having I'm wondering if I should update. Hopefully Sprint 4.4 won't have issues like the others

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Honestly if you read these boards enough..you'd think that but I know just as many who have zero issues including myself. Honestly I think sometimes people WANT to find something wrong.

    Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 3:
    carter17MHBlink8Ry 
    Ry likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnjf View Post
    Honestly if you read these boards enough..you'd think that but I know just as many who have zero issues including myself. Honestly I think sometimes people WANT to find something wrong.

    Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Or they just want to wait out the small bits and pieces that people *are* having issues with. Even though it's bound to happen with almost any os upgrade it still is enough for people to wait a tad til that initial period is over. Unless kit Kat is flawless at release and that's pretty rare. Some ppl don't like the common growing pains,nothing wrong with that.

    I'm on sprint, I'm actually glad we're last, by then issues that ppl might or might not be having have been addressed by those who already have the upgrade.

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by paisley99 View Post
    Or they just want to wait out the small bits and pieces that people *are* having issues with. Even though it's bound to happen with almost any os upgrade it still is enough for people to wait a tad til that initial period is over. Unless kit Kat is flawless at release and that's pretty rare. Some ppl don't like the common growing pains,nothing wrong with that.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Fair enough. I agree

    Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    I agree also

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,179 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,186 Global Posts

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    I'm guessing Motorola wanted to stagger the rollouts by carrier so they could keep an eye out on them. Sprint just happened to be last for the big US carriers. With a couple days between each I'd wager Sprint is going to see it very soon.

    Posted via Android Central App
    For all the other flagships (One, GS4), the carrier updates are not usually released at the same time.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    This is a thought maybe sprint be waiting for kitkat 4.4.1 to roll out for bug fixes (if there is any) on kitkat...

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    Quote Originally Posted by Capostatuz913 View Post
    This is a thought maybe sprint be waiting for kitkat 4.4.1 to roll out for bug fixes (if there is any) on kitkat...

    Posted via Android Central App
    Hopefully that's what they're waiting for and hopefully it won't take to long for 4.4.1 to release

    Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
  14. #14  
    clankfu's Avatar

    Posts
    352 Posts
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

    Default Re: Everyone is enjoying Kit Kat but Sprint

    It's been less than a week since Verizon rolled out their update. As long as Sprint doesn't push it out like a month after Verizon, I won't make a big deal about it.
    phippsy84 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) Kit Kat causes a lot of lag
    By kal1209 in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM
  2. The Sprint Spark "theoretical Speeds" Article.
    By Cnorris92 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 04:52 PM
  3. Sprint Black Friday G2 Deal.
    By BecomingDeath13 in forum Sprint LG G2
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 01:53 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 10:12 PM
  5. What is the monthly limit on screenshots?
    By mdeva in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-23-2013, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

B