Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By FoneFreak
  • 3 Post By ultravisitor
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Default Is 4.4 different between phones

Pretty new to android I have been seeing 4.4 reviews showing widgets not in the app tray with 4.4 mine are still there. is there a setting I am missing? I do see the other changes after update but not that
    Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default Re: Is 4.4 different between phones

That feature is only exclusive to one phone, the Nexus 5. Unfortunately, every other 4.4 phone will not have this. Although you can sideload this for the Moto X by downloading the apk
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Google has botched the kit kat release. Major fragmentation going on between nexus devise. And for the moto X its a Motorola device so it gets its owned skinned version of kit kat. Just like how Samsung lg Sony HTC skin there deveiss.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Google has botched the kit kat release. Major fragmentation going on between nexus devise. And for the moto X its a Motorola device so it gets its owned skinned version of kit kat. Just like how Samsung lg Sony HTC skin there deveiss.

Google has botched it? We have never seen this many devices get a major OS upgrade in so little time. The nexus devices have it and most versions of the moto x. (2 phones that I own). Google gives always android so any differences you see are skins from the OEMs. If you want everything shown in the nexus 5, get a nexus 5.

Sent from my Moto X!
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Do u see apple taking features out of there update its all the same. When jellybean and previous oc come it was some on a All nexus devises. Not like that with kit kat.
    Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Google has botched it? We have never seen this many devices get a major OS upgrade in so little time. The nexus devices have it and most versions of the moto x. (2 phones that I own). Google gives always android so any differences you see are skins from the OEMs. If you want everything shown in the nexus 5, get a nexus 5.

Sent from my Moto X!

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Do u see apple taking features out of there update its all the same. When jellybean and previous oc come it was some on a All nexus devises. Not like that with kit kat.

You mean between nexus devices? Big deal. Nexus devices also do not cost 700 a pop. So the Nexus 5 has the GEL launcher, which you can get if you want.

I also have not seen so many people I know switching to android from iPhone because they do not like iOS 7. Just sayin

Sent from my Moto X!
    LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Dev Pre, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Yes, IOS7 is different on the 4, 4S, 5, & 5S as lots of features are missing when you step down from the 5S. I know because I have a 5S, 5 for work and my parents and coworkers have the 4 & 4S, so I see it first hand. If you search the web you will see a list of features that each handset didn't get that the 5S has.

Thanked by:
    Ry and jephanie like this.

Do u see apple taking features out of there update its all the same.
    You mean like how when they unveiled Siri it was only available on the latest iPhone even though the earlier iPhone models could handle it?
    yfan, Ry and jephanie like this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,839 Global Posts

I wouldn't call it botched but I totally agree - Google is doing some fragmentation. With the Nexus 5, the Nexus line has diverged and I wouldn't call it "stock" Android anymore.

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

The "gel" launcher isn't part of Kit Kat , it's a separate apk that anyone with 4.1 or higher can install if they like. How is that bad? You don't even need Kit Kat except for the translucent part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,602 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Not talking about just launcher, there's the translucent statues n navigation bars, art, the dialer. Etc
    Quote Originally Posted by blackomen View Post
    The "gel" launcher isn't part of Kit Kat , it's a separate apk that anyone with 4.1 or higher can install if they like. How is that bad? You don't even need Kit Kat except for the translucent part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Not talking about just launcher, there's the translucent statues n navigation bars, art, the dialer. Etc

the only thing different is the launcher.. I have ART, the new dialer on my nexus 4

u are talking as if other oem has never fragmented the phones. every phone is different.

at least what google did was remove a launcher which can be easily installed.
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joelp228 View Post
    That feature is only exclusive to one phone, the Nexus 5. Unfortunately, every other 4.4 phone will not have this. Although you can sideload this for the Moto X by downloading the apk
    Downloaded the apk and installed. Then went right back to the stock launcher.
    Not a fan of the larger icons

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app