Kit Kat, Exchange Email and Trusted Bluetooth

bc ct

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
For those who have updated to Kit Kat and are on exchange servers with pin requirements for corporate email, does trusted bluetooth now work as advertised? I have a Sprint Moto X and use exchange with my work email. The exchange server enforces a pin requirement. When I first got the phone, the trusted bluetooth option was greyed out and did not work. When the Nexus 5 was released, I side loaded the new stock email and exchange services apps. I just realized today that I can now utilize the trusted bluetooth option. I'm not sure if the trusted bluetooth option now has been fixed in the Kit Kat stock email app rolling out to the Moto X or if it is an anomaly in the early release Kit Kat email app. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

efmw113

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I too have the Sprint Moto X (still on 4.2.2) and my company's Exchange server also poses a pin requirement. All of the screen lock requirements are disabled (including the NFC lock - so no Moto Skip) - the only two options that I have are Pin and Password. But Trusted bluetooth devices is enabled and works for me. I am not prompted to enter a pin when it is connected to my car's bluetooth or our home phone's bluetooth base station. I am not an expert in Exchange servers, but I know that Exchange ActiveSync has a lot of options around this so it likely depends on which policies your company has enabled.

Understanding Exchange ActiveSync Mailbox Policies: Exchange 2010 Help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12