Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default The best Android phone you can buy ​ the Moto X

Default Re: The best Android phone you can buy ​ the Moto X

Moto X is nice, but I think there are better options like the G2 and Note 3. .
    UJ95x likes this.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Well you're wrong, so....

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    Well you're wrong, so....
    Or, you know, his opinions may differ from one editor's opinions.

So there's that...
    DS1331 likes this.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Note 3 is certainly not for the average person. Sorry my buddy has one and that thing is just dang big it's unruly to hold and actually use as a cell phone. The g2 is ok but isn't that the phone with the power button on the back? That's annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

The Moto X was my choice (and many tech reviewers seem to like it as well), but the majority of people seem to disagree with the notion that the Moto X is the best Android phone on the market. Poor sales numbers seem to point that out. But that's alright... as long as Motorola sells enough phones to go through with making a Moto X2, I'll be happy. My phone doesn't have to be the most-liked, or the most popular for me to enjoy it, does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Rosenthal View Post
    The Moto X was my choice (and many tech reviewers seem to like it as well), but the majority of people seem to disagree with the notion that the Moto X is the best Android phone on the market. Poor sales numbers seem to point that out. But that's alright... as long as Motorola sells enough phones to go through with making a Moto X2, I'll be happy. My phone doesn't have to be the most-liked, or the most popular for me to enjoy it, does it?
    Most of the people looking down up on moto x have'nt really used one as a daily driver to make up any unbiased opinion on it, they are mostly going by specs or stuck in bigger is better mind set ..

Thanked by:
    jroc 

Quote Originally Posted by guesswhat_567 View Post
    Most of the people looking down up on moto x have'nt really used one as a daily driver to make up any unbiased opinion on it, they are mostly going by specs or stuck in bigger is better mind set ..

To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.
    asdrew likes this.

Having the power and volume buttons on the same side is a lil awkward for me but I guess it's not that bad. Other than that I've heard it's pretty smooth.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

There is no one phone that is best for everyone. However I just put my nexus 5 for sale and am keeping my moto x. So it is best for me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    asdrew and DS1331 like this.

It is definitely a sweet user experience. I really like the 4.4 update to make a great device even better.

Not sure why it has not sold as well...maybe we spent so much time over the years looking at specs that it will take some time for optimized to become the new hot feature...

Sent from my Moto X!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
    Thanked by:
    mhettrich likes this.

To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.
    I will say, I have a GS4, a HTC One and a Moto X in the house and I don't see where the Moto X lacks any horsepower other than on paper. It wasn't a phone that drew my interest when it was announced, but in the last month I gained enough interest to try it and it's my phone of choice now.

Global Posts
    2,073 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    Not sure why it has not sold as well...maybe we spent so much time over the years looking at specs that it will take some time for optimized to become the new hot feature...
    Apple has been proving that for years, and I am glad that at least one Android mfr. is finally realizing it. I sold my 5s, and got the new Maxx because of it, and the Maxx is actually the fastest and smoothest phone that I have ever owned.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
    benhmadison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    Apple has been proving that for years, and I am glad that at least one Android mfr. is finally realizing it. I sold my 5s, and got the new Maxx because of it, and the Maxx is actually the fastest and smoothest phone that I have ever owned.
    True. Maybe Android OEM's thought processor muscle was the way to win against iOS. My Moto X has made me a believer in the X8 mobile computing system!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

The X will be my next phone hands down. I have been sticking with the Galaxy line for the SD card slot, but now that there's a workaround to this issue I'm going to the X. Moto build quality and their radios are top notch and with the minimal skin and quick updates, this is almost like the Nexus' half-brother.

It may not be the "best" phone but seems to be the best all-around for anyone but the most hardcore Android junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by androidatic View Post
    The X will be my next phone hands down. I have been sticking with the Galaxy line for the SD card slot, but now that there's a workaround to this issue I'm going to the X. Moto build quality and their radios are top notch and with the minimal skin and quick updates, this is almost like the Nexus' half-brother.

It may not be the "best" phone but seems to be the best all-around for anyone but the most hardcore Android junkie.
    What workaround to SD card issue?

Quote Originally Posted by josearmz10789 View Post
    Having the power and volume buttons on the same side is a lil awkward for me but I guess it's not that bad. Other than that I've heard it's pretty smooth.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app
    I like it better than Nexus Style. I have a little home-made dock for bedside, and when I put the GNex in there, I was constantly accidentally pressing the volume up and down.
    The Moto X has both buttons available for me when setting landscape. why is there no official or even unofficial landscape dock?

As long as I'm complaining,
    It takes a pretty super person to see an article they don't agree with on the front page of androidcentral.com and race to the forum where people will agree with it so they can **** in the thread.
    Great job

Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    I want to know that too..

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I will consider the Moto X or XX as my next phone. I bought a N5. I used the proceeds from selling my S3. I'm not eligible for an upgrade for a little while. The extra $130 some dollars for me to get a Moto X off contract isn't in my budget now. It certainly looks like a sweet phone. I hope they'll put in an IR blaster on the next model.

Quote Originally Posted by bricky23 View Post
    There is no one phone that is best for everyone.
    This.

The Note 3 and the LG G2 have big, gorgeous screens. They also have a big profile that doesn't fit in my pockets, and is awkward for me to hold. Some people love them. I ruled them out early on.

Quote Originally Posted by torifile View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcEntire View Post
    I want to know that too..
    This is the only "workaround" that I can think of that he might be referring to. My apologies if I'm incorrect:

This is the only "workaround" that I can think of that he might be referring to. My apologies if I'm incorrect:

This /\.

It's not perfect but seems to be the best way we're going to get moving forward.

Everything I have read about this little device has been very positive. I have 2 ordered and should have them in a few days.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,684 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Moto X is the best all around phone for me from the others in the article.
    It isnt too big to hold one handed to use it.
    It doesnt have any lag.
    It has active notifications and touchless controls.
    I dont need 1080
    It takes a good enough picture for a cell phone.
    It fits in my pocket.
    So far it has had pretty good updates.
    For a vzw phone it comes with min. bloatware(compaired with other vzw phones)
    It has a good radio.
    planoman and jephanie like this.

Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

Quote Originally Posted by jlanik4 View Post
    Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

That's really a personal preference. I prefer screens under 5". My Galaxy S3 @ 4.8" is just the right size for me. I doubt I would notice the .1" difference on the X. However, I never really watch any movies so a bigger screen isn't necessary for a user like me.
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast