Moto X cyber monday sale

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I'll finally be getting a Motomaker version and selling my stock black version (which is still a dang fine handsome device in its own right). And if I can't get a decent price on the black one, it will be my "warranty" phone for my family. ;)

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
This is a really enticing offer! I'm glad that they will still be offering the financing option. Now, I just have to decide if it's worth selling my Nexus 4 for. Quandaries...

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
This is a really enticing offer! I'm glad that they will still be offering the financing option. Now, I just have to decide if it's worth selling my Nexus 4 for. Quandaries...

That's what I'm planning to do. Actually it's my wife's Nexus 4, but I think she'd like the Moto X better. Battery life is a problem for her, plus she would love the gestures in Moto X.

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
This deal is freaking awesome. Couple of questions though, is the unlocked T-Mobile version compatible with any GSM?? For example I live in Mexico and if I bought it customized T-Mobile unlocked version would it work with my carrier? Or does the Dev edition only work?? Thanks!!

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I have a couple more questions that maybe you guys can help me with:

1. My wife and I use or will be using Net10 AT&T LTE service. Would we have LTE service with the T-Mobile version of the Moto X?
2. How about LTE with the Verizon version?
3. Do these phones have carrier branded ROMs?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1. If T-Mobile has LTE in your area then yes u will get LTE.
2. Same as 1 but odds are vzw has LTE where u are. Now how fast is another story;)
3. Last I checked yeah ROMs was carrier specific.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
1. If T-Mobile has LTE in your area then yes u will get LTE.
2. Same as 1 but odds are vzw has LTE where u are. Now how fast is another story;)
3. Last I checked yeah ROMs was carrier specific.

Thanks! But I'm not sure I made myself clear enough. We have AT&T LTE SIMs, but since the T-Mobile & Verizon versions of the Moto X are unlocked I prefer to get one of them instead of the AT&T version. But, will we get LTE service with our AT&T SIMs? I don't understand the bands very well.

MexPride

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
This deal is freaking awesome. Couple of questions though, is the unlocked T-Mobile version compatible with any GSM?? For example I live in Mexico and if I bought it customized T-Mobile unlocked version would it work with my carrier? Or does the Dev edition only work?? Thanks!!

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I felt blindsided when I read this news. I never thought Motorola would pull this off considering it just opened Moto Maker this month to all carriers. #dissappointed@myself#

Posted via Android Central App

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess I have to get one now. Will the Tmobile version work on AT&T? I have AT&T now but am considering going to Tmobile in April when my contract is up. Is there any difference in supported bands for HSPA+ and LTE?

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! But I'm not sure I made myself clear enough. We have AT&T LTE SIMs, but since the T-Mobile & Verizon versions of the Moto X are unlocked I prefer to get one of them instead of the AT&T version. But, will we get LTE service with our AT&T SIMs? I don't understand the bands very well.

I guess I have to get one now. Will the Tmobile version work on AT&T? I have AT&T now but am considering going to Tmobile in April when my contract is up. Is there any difference in supported bands for HSPA+ and LTE?

The Tmo version will work fully on ATT including LTE. The Tmo version also does not have any carrier branding or carrier apps. The SIM is unlocked to easily move between ATT and Tmo.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I really wish they would make an deal available for the moto-maker carrier subsidized models. I can get a 16 GB free but, if I want the 32 gb model, I have to pay $150.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The Tmo version will work fully on ATT including LTE. The Tmo version also does not have any carrier branding or carrier apps. The SIM is unlocked to easily move between ATT and Tmo.

That is great! So the T-Mobile version is essentially the GSM developer version?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Moto Maker today! I'm trying to get my credit card to refund me, but if I can't, I'll be on the website Monday. I'm thinking it might be running a tad slow then and I'm worried about the "limited quantities".

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Its not just $400 for off-contract because you can also trade in your old motorola phone for $100 gift card. Those motorola admirals can be bought on eBay for 10-20 dollars.

Is that deal still offered?

I thought I read another thread in the Motorola Droid Maxx forum that indicated that program ended last month.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Is that deal still offered?

I thought I read another thread in the Motorola Droid Maxx forum that indicated that program ended last month.

I hope so, I have an OG droid still sitting around.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz