I want a 5c after this commercial!

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Same thing with Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree about Samdung. I mean Samsung. People are buying it in droves because they got the recognition as eing the top dog in the field just like Apple does.

Don't get me wrong. Samsung and Apple are great companies and have really pushed the envelope to get where they are today. Frankly, Apple products are great products but just not my cu of tea. Also, Android had a lot of growing up to do to win me over.

You see, I am a webOS fanatic and still think that mobile operating system is the best one out there. Unfortunately they got screwed by themselves and HP and out played by Apple and Android. The iPhone 3G and they iPad 2 were results from Palm/HP releasing the Pre and Touchpad.

I would still usemy Palm frankenPre2 (a Sprint Pre radioboard transplanted into a Verizon Pre 2 body and flashed with a custom OS), but the browser is over 3 years old, the navigation was dropped by Sprint the phone cracked, no app support, and a headset stuck in the on position killed it. I still use my HP Touchpad daily. I have CM10 installed in it, but I still use webOS all time.

The multitasking, Synergy, and gesture navigation is what really sets this os apart. Apple and Android's multitasking functions are catching up to it but are still far behind webOS (which came out 3 years ago). Nothing on the market can match the ease of the swipe navigation that it had. Both Android and iOS are gettng close to the synergy between accounts.

Since I had to migrate forward from my beloved Pre 2, I thought of getting an iPhone 5, BB Q10, Galaxy s4, HTC One (flashed with developers edition), Note 2, or the Moto X. I hate big phones and I have my Touchpad and two iPads (my kids). So the Note 2 and Galaxy s4 was out. I do not the skins that many companies put on Android so the Galaxy s4 and stock HTC one was out. iPhone 5 was out because I just really did not like iOS 6. I do like iOS 7 enough that I may have concidered it, then again I did not want o buy the Jitterbug of the smart phone world. I would have also Jailbroken the iPhone to get some of webOS functionality in it with some custom mods. I also looked at the Windows phone and just like the Metro interface. Blackberry Q10 was a contender, but I really did not want to jump onto another sinking ship. It was the closes to the Pre in OS and I just love having a physical keyboard.

The Moto X won me over because if it's near stock Android, perfect size and shape, Active notifications, and Touchless control. I also love the fact it more American in parts and assembly than any other phone out there. I really did not like any of the Doids (nice but again skinned Android) but they really hit it out of the park.

Here is a video of the Pre 2. Long live webOS

Palm Pre 2 Web OS 2.0 Hands-on Demo - YouTube

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Your history precedes you.

Sorry but that time is gone. There are a few people on this forum you can ask, I'm obsessed with the X. I really am, I wouldn't want to use an iPhone again after running AOKP and Franco kernel on my Nexus 4 and with the X, I'm in love:)
That BTW I can't get imported:(

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sorry but that time is gone. There are a few people on this forum you can ask, I'm obsessed with the X. I really am, I wouldn't want to use an iPhone again after running AOKP and Franco kernel on my Nexus 4 and with the X, I'm in love:)
That BTW I can't get imported:(

I can vouch for you on that bro. :)

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Why? Is it because even though I prefer Android I still think bashing Apple is stupid? Or do you think I am an Apple fanboy?

I think someone already said why...

Well sir u have no sense of humor then lol.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2 (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

Yep. THIS

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh c'mon Chetan, stop been such an Apple lover for a minute and tell me the truth; it is funny because it's almost true! Most of it! ;)

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

No not really. I'm an X fan lol. But I don't find this "entertainment" video funny at all. It's also not true lol.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
How about we drop this. I'm sorry for speaking my opinion. I'm also sorry for saying I don't find this funny unlike all of you.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are, however, not entitled to tell me how I would feel under circumstances you are unwilling to share. If you concede that you were talking out of your arse when you told me how I would feel, I would gladly accept your apology.

I, in turn, will say that I'm sorry that you don't have a sense of humor.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
You are entitled to your opinion. You are, however, not entitled to tell me how I would feel under circumstances you are unwilling to share. If you concede that you were talking out of your arse when you told me how I would feel, I would gladly accept your apology.

Oh but I do. Different to yours perhaps but I do. For instance, search up on YouTube the Gentleman's rants.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

I will however say I didn't mean you I meant most people I do accept I made a mistake in typing you.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm done.

Chetan, you are indeed an interesting person. You come here and defend the iPhone, and you're also on iMore defending Android!

Although I prefer Android, I could easily go iPhone, IF it comes with a bigger screen (actually rumored). I hate that postage stamp size! Otherwise I have little to no issues with the iPhone. I had an iPhone 5 for awhile, and I really liked it except for the miniature size. I find parodies like this humorous for both iPhone & Android. I also think that Microsoft's Scroogled ads are humorous, although a bit far-fetched.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Chetan, you are indeed an interesting person. You come here and defend the iPhone, and you're also on iMore defending Android!

Although I prefer Android, I could easily go iPhone, IF it comes with a bigger screen (actually rumored). I hate that postage stamp size! Otherwise I have little to no issues with the iPhone. I had an iPhone 5 for awhile, and I really liked it except for the miniature size. I find parodies like this humorous for both iPhone & Android. I also think that Microsoft's Scroogled ads are humorous, although a bit far-fetched.

Thank you:) yeah unlike many on here seem to think, I love Android and iOS but Android more. The only reason I defend iOS is because some things said are blatantly false and may mislead people.

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you:) yeah unlike many on here seem to think, I love Android and iOS but Android more. The only reason I defend iOS is because some things said are blatantly false and may mislead people.

It's the nature of the beast for users to slam those on the other side of the fence, deserved or not. I'm somewhere in the middle so I'm not offended either way, and I enjoy it all!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34