How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

• Total voters

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
"Supplies will be limited"

I doubt it will last all day.

Posted via Android Central App

yes, moto said supply will be limited but i really hope they sell whatever they can..

even if its 1 or 2 mn... i know thats not going to happen but i really wish they have at least a huge limited supply thing

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
The Nexus 4 and 5 proved that wrong :p

Overall numbers for the Nexus devices are very low in the scope of things. The Nexus 4 sold, what, a couple million or so. Considering that somewhere around ? billion Android phones will sell this year, it's not much.

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope I can get one. I'm very interested all of the sudden

Sent from my note 3

I've kind of sold myself on this deal too, even though a Droid Maxx would be a better fit for my needs.

As I see it, I can get a Moto X for about $380 after sales tax and if I decide to screw-around with the Motorola Trade-in program I can probably save another $80. I also think there's an opportunity to get $10 in Google Play Credit and then there's the added incentive of extra storage (50 GB?) for two years on Google Drive.

I currently have a first generation Razr Maxx and I'd really like to upgrade to a phone that has NFC so I can use Google Wallet and set-up some custom NFC tags.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Playing around with different Motomaker Moto X designs this morning and their website already seems to be buggy... Anybody else seeing this?

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
As I type this I am waiting for the moto maker site to load just to take a look around. Sure does seem like something is up with the site.
Playing around with different Motomaker Moto X designs this morning and their website already seems to be buggy... Anybody else seeing this?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 4 and 5 proved that wrong :p

The Nexus 4 sold around 3 million units if I recall correctly. There are approximately 140 million AT&T and T-Mobile customers in the US alone. Even if all the Nexus 4 devices went to US customers (they didn't), that is only 2.1% of customers on major carriers. This doesn't include the US GSM customers that use MVNOs. I think that Dazz87 was pretty close in his/her estimate of people who really know about off-contract phones.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Overall numbers for the Nexus devices are very low in the scope of things. The Nexus 4 sold, what, a couple million or so. Considering that somewhere around ? billion Android phones will sell this year, it's not much.
True, but whether or not an item sells out or not doesn't depend on how much interest is in it in the abstract, but in how much interest is in it compared to the supply. It isn't necessary that a significant swatch of all mobile users have an interest in a device, only that more users have interest than units available.

With that being said, a likely reason for this kind of a sale about six months after a device's launch has to be that it already hasn't sold well. Which probably means they've got more units than expected in inventory. So, who knows.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
True, but whether or not an item sells out or not doesn't depend on how much interest is in it in the abstract, but in how much interest is in it compared to the supply. It isn't necessary that a significant swatch of all mobile users have an interest in a device, only that more users have interest than units available.
Exactly. There aren't 140 million Moto X units in production, so comparing a phone's sales to the number of mobile phone customers doesn't prove anything.

With that being said, a likely reason for this kind of a sale about six months after a device's launch has to be that it already hasn't sold well. Which probably means they've got more units than expected in inventory. So, who knows.
Agreed. Though you never know; for example, in the case of the Nexus 4, while it only sold a few million units, there wasn't any overproduction, shown by how quickly it sold out after the price drop (even with a successor imminent, which isn't the case in the situation of the Moto X).

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site

As I type this I am waiting for the moto maker site to load just to take a look around. Sure does seem like something is up with the site.

I just used the MotoMaker site to set up my profile and to save a Moto X design and the site seemed really slow - especially the part where you store/retrieve a design.

It will be interesting to see how the site performs tomorrow morning.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I just used the MotoMaker site to set up my profile and to save a Moto X design and the site seemed really slow - especially the part where you store/retrieve a design.

It will be interesting to see how the site performs tomorrow morning.

How do you retrieve a saved design on the Moto Maker website?

Never mind: I finally found it by hovering over my name at the top of the screen.

dazz87

May 28, 2011
Visit site
think it will last whole day, and dont think they will sell many few thousand units probably ..dont think they will even run out of stock ..loads of people dont want to pay 350$ upfront for off contract phone when they can get phones for 1cent on a contract ..

And get that free phone and pay 100 bucks for 2 GB of data for two years. While someone get this phone and pay 30-60 per month. Another of people out there just dont know.

Posted via Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Anybody have any idea if you can buy 2 so uou can get the 12 months financing or will it just be 1 per order?

I think you only have to buy 1 Moto X to get the 12 months financing. I believe the new Moto financing plans have 0% interest for 6 months, 12 months or 18 months, depending on the amount of your purchase. If over $549, you qualify for 18 months, but if you just purchase 1 phone at $349 or $399, I think that price point qualifies you for the 12 month 0% financing plan. If somebody knows otherwise, I'd like to know. Also, as far as I know, you can buy as many phones as you want until their limited supply runs out.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I think you only have to buy 1 Moto X to get the 12 months financing. I believe the new Moto financing plans have 0% interest for 6 months, 12 months or 18 months, depending on the amount of your purchase. If over $549, you qualify for 18 months, but if you just purchase 1 phone at $349 or $399, I think that price point qualifies you for the 12 month 0% financing plan. If somebody knows otherwise, I'd like to know. Also, as far as I know, you can buy as many phones as you want until their limited supply runs out.

Thanks!

I tried asking a rep on chat but she had no idea. Hopefully the site holds up tomorrow. I've been having issues with it