How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

• Total voters

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I think the Moto X for $349 off-contract is a fantastic deal and it appears Motorola has generated a lot of interest by letting their customers know about the sale several days in advance.

The question for this thread is: How long do you think Motorola's Cyber-Monday Sale for the Moto X will last?

Will the Moto X sale be like a Google I/O sign-up with crashing servers and all of the tickets gone in 15 minutes or will Motorola keep the sale going all day long?

Take the poll, share your thoughts and bragging rights to the person who comes closest to the correct answer... :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I think the sale will be all day, probably until midnight (which timezone?).

The advice to choose your custom phone so it's ready for checkout on Monday is just to make sure the web site functions smoothly, I would bet. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
"Supplies will be limited"

I doubt it will last all day.

Posted via Android Central App

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My guess is 45 mins, that includes lots of issues with their website.

(And posts for months afterwards re: either not getting one or ppl trying to deal with their cs)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
"Supplies will be limited"

I doubt it will last all day.

They don't give an end time so usually sales are for the whole day after the start time. It's not like they're going to run out of phones. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

XDCX

May 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess is 45 mins, that includes lots of issues with their website.

(And posts for months afterwards re: either not getting one or ppl trying to deal with their cs)

I agree on both counts - especially the part about people complaining that they missed the deal and trying to get help from Motorola.

I was somewhat suspicious that this might be a short-time offer when I read the "Supplies will be limited" verbiage from Motorola. My suspicions were heightened when I read that Motorola wasn't going to start the sale until 8:00 AM Central and then furthered when I read posts suggesting that people may want to pre-configure their devices so they could process their order quickly.

Who knows, the Moto X sale may last all day long - I've been wrong before. :confused:

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the "supplies limited" thing is to generate hype. I'm sure they have plenty. I don't think this device has sold very well, given the deep $150 discount. This might spark sales, but i don't know. I'm buying one because it's the closest thing I can get to a nexus on verizon, and I can customize it. Both are big wins to me. I think even if I can't get in on the deal, I'll still buy. Customizing a phone to my liking seems really cool.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I think the "supplies limited" thing is to generate hype. I'm sure they have plenty. I don't think this device has sold very well, given the deep $150 discount. This might spark sales, but i don't know. I'm buying one because it's the closest thing I can get to a nexus on verizon, and I can customize it. Both are big wins to me. I think even if I can't get in on the deal, I'll still buy. Customizing a phone to my liking seems really cool.

yeah, you're probably right actually. They need to get this item into as many people's hands as possible. And they know the people who are watching this sale are the phone aficionados, so it's a perfect opportunity. I'm so amused that it's the same price as the nexus on monday. lol. I change my answer to 4 hours. lol. I think if they go past that it might make the moto look bad. Poor moto, so misunderstood.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
yeah, you're probably right actually. They need to get this item into as many people's hands as possible. And they know the people who are watching this sale are the phone aficionados, so it's a perfect opportunity. I'm so amused that it's the same price as the nexus on monday. lol. I change my answer to 4 hours. lol. I think if they go past that it might make the moto look bad. Poor moto, so misunderstood.

Agree. I thing what hurt them was the moto maker exclusivity agreement between them and ATT. It was such a cool idea and then they screwed themselves. I would have bought one day one if I could have gotten a moto maker edition on verizon. But..ya.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to know how many units they're willing to sell at this price, but hopefully everyone that really Want this deal and are likely to keep the phone manage to snag it.

Verizon was willing to sell the LG G2 for 5 days on sale at $450 off-contract. That's only $50 more than the Cyber Monday 32gb Moto X (The G2 is 32gb.). I would've been pretty excited if Motorola announced $400/$450 and guaranteed it all day long. Of course I'll be even happier with their $350/$400 offer as long as I get my hands on one 32 gb!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I thing what hurt them was the moto maker exclusivity agreement between them and ATT. It was such a cool idea and then they screwed themselves. I would have bought one day one if I could have gotten a moto maker edition on verizon. But..ya.

I agree I do think that it did hurt them. However, I don't think they gave AT&T an exclusivity deal only to gain revenue. I think they used it as an opportunity to scale up production and ramp up the ordering system to handle multiple carriers. I'm sure it takes some work to integrate with the carriers in selling on-contract phones in particular. All of this was new (the customization and handling sales through their website.)

Still if they really felt like moto maker was ready to go live for all carriers up front, they could've helped themselves by offering a stock 32gb variant and by starting $50 cheaper than they did.

dazz87

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I Don't believe it'd going to sell out that quickly. 95% of people don't even know what a "off contract" phone is. They look at this deal and will think its a rip off

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's going to sell out too quickly. I also don't think they're really going to sell a shocking amount of them. Sure, they'll sell decently to people like us, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers of people who only buy phones on contract and don't know or care about this deal. Remember, not everyone knows or understands the benefit of buying off contract.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I agree I do think that it did hurt them. However, I don't think they gave AT&T an exclusivity deal only to gain revenue. I think they used it as an opportunity to scale up production and ramp up the ordering system to handle multiple carriers. I'm sure it takes some work to integrate with the carriers in selling on-contract phones in particular. All of this was new (the customization and handling sales through their website.)

Still if they really felt like moto maker was ready to go live for all carriers up front, they could've helped themselves by offering a stock 32gb variant and by starting $50 cheaper than they did.

Again I completely agree. I'm sure you're right. All of those options on so man carriers can't be cheap. Just sad they didn't have a better launch. Seems like a great phone.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's going to sell out too quickly. I also don't think they're really going to sell a shocking amount of them. Sure, they'll sell decently to people like us, but that's a drop in the bucket compared to the numbers of people who only buy phones on contract and don't know or care about this deal. Remember, not everyone knows or understands the benefit of buying off contract.

That and how many know about this deal? If I didn't know about AC and frequent it, I wouldn't have known.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1