Verizon Moto X Dev Ed vs. Verizon GNote 3 Dev Ed

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I am deciding between the Verizon Moto X Dev Ed and the Verizon GNote 3 Dev Ed. I can get the Moto X for $350 on Monday but the GNote 3 will be double the price at $700. A savings of $350 is not insignificant to me but at the same time, if the benefits of the GNote 3 are worth it, then I will pay it.

I realize this is the Moto X forum, but I am looking for pros and cons and assume that many of you have thought about both devices and chose the Moto X for various reasons. If you can, please help me decide based on issues such as battery life, screen, call quality, developer support, hardware, cost, etc.

Many thanks to all who respond!!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The Note 3 is a GREAT phone indeed. ...but its not 2x greater, IMO. You could get a Moto X AND an LTE Nexus 7 for $700 (as an example).

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
My girl and I have both phones. I own the note 3. I would own a Moto X if it had a bigger/better screen. The touchless controls, active notifications, and almost pure Android, are wonderful features. And it already has kit kat. I have no real complaints about the note 3 except that sometimes the size gets old when out and about.

Posted via Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
... sometimes the size gets old when out and about.

This is precisely why I no longer have a Note 3. I decided I didn't want a phablet...I'd rather have a phone and a tablet. However, one of my phones, the Optimus G Pro, is not that much smaller than the Note 3.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon and I think I am going with the Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the GNote 3 is a fantastic phablet. The screen is just Wow and I could read it without my glasses on. I loved it. But I am a petite female and my hands are just too small to hold it comfortably.

So wish me luck in getting a Moto X Dev Ed tomorrow!!!!!!

Also, the Verizon total coverage protection plan is $10 on the Moto X according to the Verizon rep. Are there any other options for extended warranty or accidental protection if I buy direct from Motorola?

dazz87

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Don't care what phone is out there no way I'm dropping 700 for a phone. Within 6 months there a new model. Max for me is probably 500

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from Verizon and I think I am going with the Moto X. Don't get me wrong, the GNote 3 is a fantastic phablet. The screen is just Wow and I could read it without my glasses on. I loved it. But I am a petite female and my hands are just too small to hold it comfortably.

Sweet.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Also, the Verizon total coverage protection plan is $10 on the Moto X according to the Verizon rep. Are there any other options for extended warranty or accidental protection if I buy direct from Motorola?

Make sure to put your address and cc on your motorola account before tomorrow morning to make things quick and simple

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't care what phone is out there no way I'm dropping 700 for a phone. Within 6 months there a new model. Max for me is probably 500.
Ya, but there is probably a decent resale value on the Verizon GNote 3 Dev Ed because it is GSM SIM unlocked as well as having an unlockable bootloader.

- - - Updated - - -

Make sure to put your address and cc on your motorola account before tomorrow morning to make things quick and simple
Will do, thanks!!!

drvier8

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Returned my X last week due to poor battery life. I was always at 15% or lower at 6 pm (off charger at 7am). So if I wanted to go out in the evening, I had to charge at some point in the day. I loved touchless controls and active notifications so I will probably go with a Droid Maxx. Same features and that massive battery.