Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What screen protector are you using?

If so what kind? I'd like to put one on after I reorder my new phone but my concern is active notification and losing touch screen sensitivity.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: What screen protector are you using?

I'm using the one from the Verizon store. I hardly ever notice it and sensitivity is not lost much at all. The two finger pull down to get to quick settings sometimes misbehaves and I do admit the feeling of the glass on your finger is a little smoother but I like having it to keep the screen clean

-Moto X-

Quote Originally Posted by Bnjf View Post
    If so what kind? I'd like to put one on after I reorder my new phone but my concern is active notification and losing touch screen sensitivity.

I've used a lot of brands on many different phones. I only use bodyguardz or zagg with bodyguardz being my first choice.

I bought the zag ones but they didn't fit the phone correctly, was to small on the sides, been **** naked ever since

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

It's all fun and games running around but naked until you drop your phone and get a scratch on the screen

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    Adrian Rangel likes this.

Has anybody tried the Power Support protectors from the Moto X site? I question the "shock absorbing" one

Using the "brilliant" screen protector by Power Support from the Motorola website. Excellent screen protector. Highly recommended if you are looking for one that doesn't change the look or feel of the original screen.

Posted from my Moto X
    Thanked by 3:
    mbar9607, dmark44 and DayThyme like this.

I'm using the natural plant-based cotton pocket in my jeans.

Seriously though, I have the Moto protection plan and I only put my X in my left jeans pocket - nothing else ever goes there.

Of course I hate cases too - hence the protection plan.
    Anthony_NE and tbtregenza like this.

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

I have the zagg non HD version. This covers the whole screen not like that annoying case friendly screen protector. $15

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

I recommend NOT getting the screen protectors by BoxWave. I just got a set in today and they're going back. The cutouts for the earpiece, camera and mic are misaligned. If you line up the mic, the earpiece is covered and the camera is partially covered. If you line up the earpiece and camera, the mic is covered. See my customer image uploaded to Amazon.

It's possible this was just a bad production run somehow, but given that the BoxWave screen protector for my Galaxy Nexus had about a 1/16" gap between the edge of the screen protector and the edge of the screen, I think it's more likely that their products are just poorly made. Strangely, the material they use seems very good. I used on of my unused Galaxy Nexus screen protectors temporarily on a Nexus 5 and I love the feel of it - it's like it's not even there. I just don't understand how companies can make and sell products like this that just don't fit - it's not like they can't get their hands on a Moto X and see for themselves that it doesn't fit.

I just ordered the non-glare Power Support screen protectors on Motorola's site. Hopefully these will be a better fit, and equally good material.

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

I use the skinomi tech screen protector. Little of the orange peel effect. And they provide free lifetime replacement. No shipping charges.

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

I'm using the one from Verizon and it's great. No sensitivity issues and easy to clean off if needed.

I use these halo screen protectors from amazon. Honestly the best screen protector I've used. The cut is perfect and you don't even notice that you have it on the screen. They also came with a nice royal blue cleaning cloth that just happened to match my royal moto x perfectly.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00EVW...0-20&m1k=vb_ac

Power support. Excellent and does not get scratches early
    dmark44 likes this.

I second the halo screen guards. I ordered a pack off amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsaucev2 View Post
    I'm using the one from the Verizon store. I hardly ever notice it and sensitivity is not lost much at all. The two finger pull down to get to quick settings sometimes misbehaves and I do admit the feeling of the glass on your finger is a little smoother but I like having it to keep the screen clean

-Moto X-
    I use the one from the VZW store. No problem what so ever. I'm OCD so scratches and scuffs ruin a phone for me.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

I'm using the phone that came on the phone out of the box. As long as you don't mind the little white tab in the bottom left corner, its working quite well. Haha

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    JET4 and ryan savini like this.

I bought one of the ones direct from Motorola and they are awesome. The only other ones I would recommend as a Zagg InvisibleShield

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I second the halo screen guards. I ordered a pack off amazon.
    wow, those get very mixed reviews. They are either wonderful or terrible.

The Power Support non-glare screen protectors I ordered (from Motorola) arrived today (well, I went to FedEx to pick them up rather than wait for Monday delivery). I have to say that these are the best screen protectors I've ever used - as close to smooth-as-glass as I can imagine, perfect fit, and easily applied with no bubbles or dust. I was a little worried when I saw that they didn't have a layer to be removed on BOTH sides of the film, but it worked out very well in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
    The Power Support non-glare screen protectors I ordered (from Motorola) arrived today (well, I went to FedEx to pick them up rather than wait for Monday delivery). I have to say that these are the best screen protectors I've ever used - as close to smooth-as-glass as I can imagine, perfect fit, and easily applied with no bubbles or dust. I was a little worried when I saw that they didn't have a layer to be removed on BOTH sides of the film, but it worked out very well in the end.
    How case friendly are the Power Support screen protectors? I'm looking to buy a TPU case when I get my Moto X, but since they normally cover the front a bit more than other cases, I'm concerned that the screen protector and case won't work together well.

Global Posts
    6,664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Im currently using the Clear one from Vzw.It's been on for over 3 months , just a few scratches not enough to bother me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleMike View Post
    How do they work? Do they make bright areas of the screen grainy?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by qwert3y View Post
    How case friendly are the Power Support screen protectors? I'm looking to buy a TPU case when I get my Moto X, but since they normally cover the front a bit more than other cases, I'm concerned that the screen protector and case won't work together well.
    I'm using it with a Seidio Dilex case, which has minimal wrap around to the front of the phone, and it doesn't interfere at all. Due to my placement of the screen protector, one side lines up exactly with the edge of the silicone from the case, and the other side has about 1/16" gap between the silicone and the screen protector. According to my digital caliper, the screen protector is 59.16mm wide.

Quote Originally Posted by hausjam View Post
    How do they work? Do they make bright areas of the screen grainy?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    No graininess at all as far as I can see.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts

I have been using the scratch resistant ones from Verizon. They install really well and feel great, but I managed to scratch the first one pretty bad in just a few days. The second one is holding up better so far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast