Best Moto X Cases

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't hold my breath on the self healing. There website says nothing about self healing coating in any of the products not IOS related. It's overrated anyhow. My kid got rid of one for his five after a couple weeks because it started looking so shabby.

Posted via Android Central App

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
In sending back the m4de air jacket myself because of how slick it is, coupled with seeing how scratched it has gotten in only a few days of use. Love the look if it though.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I think I like that better then the dodo case. I would like to get one in black though with black stiching. I may shoot them an email and see what they got.

Does it seem like to you that your comfortable that it would protect it from a drop on hardwood floor/concrete?

This is what I had for my iphone and and I loved it. I wish I could get one for the Moto X. Had lots of padding for protection.

iPhone Smart Case - iPhone 5 Case - iPhone 5s Case, iPhone 5c Case - WaterField Designs - SFBags

It's a snug fit and it's nicely padded. It'll definitely protect from a high fall unless it falls on the open end and the phone slides out from the impact

dave421

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't hold my breath on the self healing. There website says nothing about self healing coating in any of the products not IOS related. It's overrated anyhow. My kid got rid of one for his five after a couple weeks because it started looking so shabby.

It's on Moto's site "Ultra thin, ultra light. It's virtually as thin as air. Measuring less than 1mm, this clear case snugly hugs the back of your Moto X. Revolutionary self-healing coating instantly repairs any minor scratches that may appear."

though based on some comments I've seen it might not work extremely well.

knitsewmuch

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
My $3.59 clear case!

How do the buttons work out for you with this case? Do you like the case overall? Looks similar to the Cimo which I saw a lot of people complaining about not being able to press the buttons in the reviews. I already have a cruzerlite experience in teal on the way for my turquoise Moto X (hoping it will match), but I'm seriously thinking about getting this one too. At that price, I guess its worth a try either way! I can always switch between the two or keep one as a backup.

hodie63

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Cruzerlite Experience Case for Motorola Moto X

I use this case and it is really clear and has good grip, all the ports are open as well.

Looking to see if someone has a clear case suggestion for me...

My sister has the official moto one and it makes the phone extremely slipper and covers a couple of the speaker holes.
My girlfriend has an ebay one that does not have these issues but it is too foggy and the buttons are too hard to press.

Does anyone have a clear case they really like that doesnt have these flaws?

knitsewmuch

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Cruzerlite Experience Case for Motorola Moto X

I use this case and it is really clear and has good grip, all the ports are open as well.

Starting to wish I had ordered the clear in this one. I have the turquoise/white Moto X and I wasn't sure how clear that case really was, so I went with teal hoping it would match the turquoise. In some pictures online it looks like it will, others it doesn't. Should have it in a couple of days so we'll see.

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I also have and like the Bear Motion. Nice feel. Only thing I notice is that there is not a lot of area to press the power button (the case kind of crowds that area), even though you don't need it that much, but when you do, it takes a bit more effort.

In the online photos, this looks a lot like the simple, cheap Diztronic case I used for a while. That case is nice and minimal, has a decent feel, and the buttons work fine.

I then tried a simple, cheap bumper I bought from Ebay and that worked great too.

Now I'm just using the phone without a case. I carry insurance on it for what I consider to be more likely problems given my usage: water and theft/loss. The insurance covers all hazards, so I'll just take my chances being careful with the phone. From the specs of the phones materials, I'm pretty comfortable with the toughness.

If I need actual protection from time to time, I'll put the Speck case back on it. I didn't like the bulkiness or slick plastic which also got realy scratched up - but it's a very smartly designed case with a lot of protection for the size/weight.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
First let me say best buy is the worst retailer on earth. That said, they are the only place I have found a completely clear tpu case with cutouts for all buttons, allowing easy access and viewing of custom accents. No logos or any other fancy crap to cover up the customization make it greater. Unfortunately, it's $25.

Rocketfish SoftShell Case for Motorola Moto X Mobile Phones RF-MXT2C - Best Buy

I had that and really liked it, i bought 2 when it was on sale for $15. Unfortunately in a little over a month my first one has yellowed considerably. :(. So i took it off and am using a hard clear case i bought from ebay. :(

BaconDrips

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Amazon.com: Cimo Motorola Moto X S-Line Case Flexible TPU Cover - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I love this case. it fits the phone perfectly. Both sides are textured for easy gripping, it has a hole for the dimple, and it retains the nice hand feel. Won't be much of drop protection but I've had it slip from my hand a few times and it's fine. I had the commuter and it was too big, I had the speck candyshell and it was far too slippery and just scratched everywhere.

This case is perfect for me.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Next up is to get the Incipio Feather shine. Currently around $12 on Amazon.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
There website says nothing about self healing coating in any of the products not IOS related.

It has the information about the self-healing coating on the packaging:

"The newly developed self-repair coating is used on the surface of this jacket. This coating heals and repairs fine scratches and minor scuffs."

Anyway, no scratches on my case yet in the two days I've had it...

skippy126

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Just bumping thread and my recommendation for case. The SUPCASE Amazon.com: SUPCASE Motorola Moto X Phone Unicorn Beetle Hybrid Case - Black/Black, Free HD Clear Screen Protector, Bubble Free Installation Instruction Included: Cell Phones & Accessories

you can get it with clear back, its not real slick and the sides have a nice grippy feel to them. I have the black on black.

Does this case indeed have a dimple on the back of it? The pictures make it look that way but I just wanted to double check. Also, are the power/volume buttons exposed or covered by the case? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto X on Republic Wireless

AndroidBIO

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Does this case indeed have a dimple on the back of it? The pictures make it look that way but I just wanted to double check. Also, are the power/volume buttons exposed or covered by the case? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto X on Republic Wireless

The case does have a dimple and the buttons are covered by the case.

skippy126

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, thanks. I've been searching and searching for a case that provides some measure of grip, has a dimple (or cutout) and the volume/power buttons exposed. I haven't been able to find anything really...I can't believe there isn't a case that meets those requirements. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a case that has all of those features?

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Bear Motion case is grippy and, to me at least, feels better than with no case. It is pretty thin but adds enough protection for me and keeps the sleek look of the phone. Feels really great in the hand.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The Bear Motion case is grippy and, to me at least, feels better than with no case.

The Bear Motion doesn't have a cutout for the dimple.

I haven't been able to find anything really...I can't believe there isn't a case that meets those requirements.

Personally, I don't think the Air Jacket Case (different from the Air Jacket Grip) is that slick, though others may disagree. It's not as slick as the smooth backs. It has all the other requirements you're looking for.

Last edited:

StudDroid

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
From personally owning it, yes it has a dimple and it still feels good. My friend has even commented on how good the dimple feels with the case on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey