Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain $12 shipped at Groupon

Groupon has the Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain for $12 shipped. It is $25 at Amazon. According to the Droid Maxx/Ultra forums, these apparently make pretty good trusted Bluetooth devices. They have no mic or speaker so you don't have the issue of your calls going through a key chain (like with the Zomm) but because it acts as a wireless leash for your keys, it maintains a constant connection with your phone. I'm in for one.
    Thanked by 5:

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Default Re: Cobra Tag Bluetooth key chain $12 shipped at Groupon

I bit on this, had been thinking of picking one up for a while, thanks for the post.

Here's a link btw:
    Thanked by 3:

Thanks, I jumped in too. And I don't even have my Moto X yet lol.

Nice find. Bought three. Stocking stuffers.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by tnt118 View Post
    I bit on this, had been thinking of picking one up for a while, thanks for the post.

Here's a link btw:
    Wow, I coppied the link and everything to include it in the OP and totally forgot. Thanks!

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

It's only 8.99 now.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    It's only 8.99 now.
    Shipping will be a couple bucks unless you buy three.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by msndrstood View Post
    It's only 8.99 now.

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    Groupon only has free shipping on orders of $19.99 or more, so if you are only buying one, it is $12 after shipping, two would be $21 after shipping, and three would be $27 and ship for free.

Awesome... Been on the fence about picking up something to serve as a trusted bluetooth device for a bit now. Pebble watch was out of the question since I already have watches I wear daily. This will do the trick! Thanks!

Posted from my Moto X

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Very nice. Too cheap to not at least try it out.

Stocking-stuffer!

So you put this on your keychain and while your phone is in range, the PIN, if set, is automatically bypassed, am I understanding this items purpose correctly? Thanx.

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App
    Nexus 5/Moto X

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    So you put this on your keychain and while your phone is in range, the PIN, if set, is automatically bypassed, am I understanding this items purpose correctly? Thanx.
    Correct. It's worth noting though that that's not the exact intended use from the company... with their software it sounds an alarm when you get separated from your phone. But it's one of the cheapest ways to do the Trusted Bluetooth pin-bypass, too.

Correct. It's worth noting though that that's not the exact intended use from the company... with their software it sounds an alarm when you get separated from your phone. But it's one of the cheapest ways to do the Trusted Bluetooth pin-bypass, too.
    Thanks. I'll grab one. Is there a way to get this trusted b-tooth on a Note 2 via an app, or is it only on moto devices?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Nexus 5/Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    Thanks. I'll grab one. Is there a way to get this trusted b-tooth on a Note 2 via an app, or is it only on moto devices?

As I understand, the Moto X, Droid Maxx and Maxx Ultra, and ?? maybe mini there is an app already included. For other phones, you can use Tasker. I bought some of these Cobra tags and will try it out.

I'm new to Tasker. I just loaded it on my N5 this last week. I'm still in my learning curve. I can't get Tasker to work yet as far as bypassing my PIN when I am connected to my home wifi. I was hoping that when I am at home connected to my home wifi, my phone will remained unlocked. I have Dynamic Notifications loaded as well and the DN locksreen set, so I don't know if it is interfering with Tasker.

I will see if Tasker will keep my phone unlocked with this bluetooth tag. The only concern is when I go to my car, I'm not sure if my phone will disconnect from the tag, and then try to connect to my car bluetooth. Once disconnected, I'm curious if the tag will beep like I'm separated from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Magm View Post
    As I understand, the Moto X, Droid Maxx and Maxx Ultra, and ?? maybe mini there is an app already included. For other phones, you can use Tasker. I bought some of these Cobra tags and will try it out.

I'm new to Tasker. I just loaded it on my N5 this last week. I'm still in my learning curve. I can't get Tasker to work yet as far as bypassing my PIN when I am connected to my home wifi. I was hoping that when I am at home connected to my home wifi, my phone will remained unlocked. I have Dynamic Notifications loaded as well and the DN locksreen set, so I don't know if it is interfering with Tasker.

I will see if Tasker will keep my phone unlocked with this bluetooth tag. The only concern is when I go to my car, I'm not sure if my phone will disconnect from the tag, and then try to connect to my car bluetooth. Once disconnected, I'm curious if the tag will beep like I'm separated from my phone.
    Lol, I gave up on tasker. I got a few things to work ok, but it sure seemed like an example of severe imbalance between efforts and returns. But more power to you if you can get yourself to a good place with it!

Nexus 5/Moto X

Thanks for the post. I purchased 3 and got free shipping!

I also ordered the Motorola Skip. I like the 3 dots that come along with the skip device. This video made me realize that with touchless controls will not work if you have a screen lock on. However, if you have your Moto laying on a Dot on your desk, then the touchless controls will work. Here is the video:

Thanked by 2:
    dmark44weksa 
    dmark44 likes this.

bummer, groupon now says "not yet" on the button, ...which although confusing, i take to be a place holder for "not for sale", and that it's actually sold out.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gwest1000 View Post
    bummer, groupon now says "not yet" on the button, ...which although confusing, i take to be a place holder for "not for sale", and that it's actually sold out.
    Actually, it normally says "sold out". "Not Yet" is suppose to be the place holder before a deal goes live. Maybe they're reloading stock. Well, we can hope at least.

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

I'd been tempted to get a second one, and I'm kind of glad that temptation is gone now.

can the alarm be turned off?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asylvia View Post
    can the alarm be turned off?
    I've been assuming, and could easily be wrong, that part won't even work when using this as a simple trusted BT dongle.

In think you need to install and app for the alarm so my guess is no app no alarm.

Posted via Android Central App

I'd been tempted to get a second one, and I'm kind of glad that temptation is gone now.
    Is it not performing to your liking?

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    Is it not performing to your liking?
    I don't have it yet, but the groupon isn't available anymore is what I ment.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast