- 1 Posts
Can I block OTA updates?
I just got the Moto X, and it's running 4.2.2. I want to prevent ANY ota updates from ever being prompted, as I see it breaks many apps that I use, most importantly FoxFi. Does anyone know how to permanently disable update prompts? I have tried going to Apps, choosing MotorolaOTA and then Force Stop, but it keeps restarting. Any ideas? Thanks very much!
- 12-04-2013, 12:51 AM #2
Re: Can I block OTA updates?
If you go to the "About Phone" section of your Settings, and you click on Software Update, there SHOULD be an "Auto update" option. Just unclick that.
I believe that rooting also devoids you from OTA update rights, so you wouldn't really get the updates that way, but I may be wrong.
- 12-04-2013, 04:03 AM #3
- 12-04-2013, 07:19 PM #4
- 12-05-2013, 10:23 PM #5
- By ChrisS#AC in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2014, 02:59 PM
- By Diegoac3 in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 12-05-2013, 11:33 AM
- By SpookDroid in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-04-2013, 07:30 PM
- By DayThyme in forum Moto XReplies: 1Last Post: 12-03-2013, 11:05 PM
- By jephanie in forum Moto XReplies: 3Last Post: 12-03-2013, 10:11 PM