Listen command times out

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have issues asking Moto X to listen to incoming SMS when driving?
I get the audio alert and it's asking me to say "listen" to hear the SMS but when I say "listen", it just does this deep sounding beep and nothing else.
I do have an accent but I can't imagine it being so screwed up that it doesn't understand me.... I have no issues with any other commands (and I use touchless control a lot).

What could it be?
Just FYI, it used to work a while ago but not anymore (not sure if related to KK).

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Try speaking clearly and into the device and see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't, then it might be related to the update. You can clear cache for that app/feature (not sure which one it is) or factory reset and see if that helps.

rader023

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have issues asking Moto X to listen to incoming SMS when driving?
I get the audio alert and it's asking me to say "listen" to hear the SMS but when I say "listen", it just does this deep sounding beep and nothing else.
I do have an accent but I can't imagine it being so screwed up that it doesn't understand me.... I have no issues with any other commands (and I use touchless control a lot).

What could it be?
Just FYI, it used to work a while ago but not anymore (not sure if related to KK).

Thanks

I have the same issue recently. I have a feeling it is playing it but its broken and we cannot hear it through bluetooth?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue recently. I have a feeling it is playing it but its broken and we cannot hear it through bluetooth?

I figured it out. It must be one of 2 things:
1. You can't pick up the phone after it tells you to say "listen". I read somewhere that this action triggers something and it can't listen anymore. Bug or feature, I'm not sure. So anyways, just leave the phone alone and speak to it without lifting it.
2. I have a chat app that possibly blocks the microphone (when running). I don't think this is the case though and most likely #1. I just didn't get a chance yet to test this scenario.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci