1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Move apps, home screens, home screen folders and settings from one X to another X?

Essentially I want to replicate my exact set up on my current moto X on a new moto X. Is there an app to save and move all of the existing apps, app settings, home screens, home screen folders, etc from one moto X to another moto X? I'll be selling a 16GB moto X and replacing it with a 32GB moto X and would love to just have my existing set up transferred over. I know there a lot of back-up apps on the play store. Which of these can do what I want, if any?

Thanks

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Move apps, home screens, home screen folders and settings from one X to another X?

Quote Originally Posted by teslapod View Post
    Essentially I want to replicate my exact set up on my current moto X on a new moto X. Is there an app to save and move all of the existing apps, app settings, home screens, home screen folders, etc from one moto X to another moto X? I'll be selling a 16GB moto X and replacing it with a 32GB moto X and would love to just have my existing set up transferred over. I know there a lot of back-up apps on the play store. Which of these can do what I want, if any?

Thanks
    Do you have a different launcher installed, like Nova? If so, you can back up the setup and move the save over to Drive or Dropbox, and then when you switch, you just restore from the saved data.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Move apps, home screens, home screen folders and settings from one X to another X?

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Do you have a different launcher installed, like Nova? If so, you can back up the setup and move the save over to Drive or Dropbox, and then when you switch, you just restore from the saved data.
    This

-Moto X-
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Good idea! I used to use Nova on earlier phones but so far I've been happy with the default launcher on the moto X. Might be worth playing around with it again. However, this wouldn't transfer app settings, SMS, photos, music etc. I'm not rooted so I guess an app like My Backup Pro would be better?

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Good idea! I used to use Nova on earlier phones but so far I've been happy with the default launcher on the moto X. Might be worth playing around with it again. However, this wouldn't transfer app settings, SMS, photos, music etc. I'm not rooted so I guess an app like My Backup Pro would be better?
    Yes you can backup to the cloud with MBP but I don't know about the home screen settings.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

settings data is backed up at google.. SMS, photos, music etc. can be migrated using motorola migrate which comes with the phone

dont know if helium app works with motorola phone but this app can backup app data without root
    Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat

You could look at G Cloud backup. I don't know about home screen settings because I never restore system when I use it (bad things used to happen in the early Android days when you did that with other apps) but its pretty great for migrating everything else like texts and call logs. I don't backup things like the phone book because when you restore it you end up with double entries since Google already does that when you sign in.

Posted via Android Central App

I used helium without a problem. Everything made it over.