• 5 Post By zobog
  • 1 Post By DS1331
  • 3 Post By DS1331
  • 1 Post By mayconvert
  • 1 Post By dyastrab
  • 1 Post By ne0ne
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X 6 weeks later

I have had the Moto X on verizon for I think just over 6 weeks. I wanted to post to let everyone know I still love it more than any phone I have ever owned. I use the voice thing everyday, first phone I ever had where I have used the voice passed being a novelty. It is very useful and I cant imagine ever wanting a phone that is not always listening. I love google now, now.

The only other phone I would ever look at is the MAXX for this reason. I have played around with a nexus 5, and it is very nice. Screen is gorgeous. But I would not trade my moto X for it.
    Battery life lasts me all day, I only charge at night. I do not turn anything off nor run any battery software.

I love how the camera turns on with a twist of the wrist, I use it allot. It takes good enough pictures, but that is the only place that I could hope for improvement.

I have dropped the phone 2x on concrete, and once from chest height on a hardwood floor. I have a cheapo case from amazon, thin. But I forget the brand name. Not a scratch.

I do have insurance on it though since I am a butter finger.

But just wanted to let folks know I am a satisfied Motorola customer. I think it is the best phone you can buy at any price right now, and I cannot wait to see what Moto and google come out with in the future.
    Thanked by 5:
    MHBlink8, tr-1, vmaxed and 2 others like this.

Default Re: Moto X 6 weeks later

+9000 on everything above except the insurance.
    LOVE this phone

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Thanks for the post. My Moto X should come tomorrow. I have the Note 2 right now. Someone offered to trade me their note 3 for my moto x. While I am very tempted because the Note 3 is a beast of a phone, I can't help but want to try the X. Almost everyone seems to love it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I have to agree this phone has to be one of the best android phones I have owned!!!

Beats the Samsung's to the ground, Hope the Google-rola will continue to this great of a job in the future!!!!

Global Posts
    13,867 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I have had a Sasmung S2 and S3. The X makes them both look pathetic. Both phones rooted, my S3, was underclocked, AOSP ROM, and had a battery friendly kernel and my X still beats the daylights out of it in regards to battery. S3: Battery would make it about 10 hours if I was careful at the end of the day, recharging about 30% left. Moto X: there are days where I need to play a few resource intense games to get it down to 30%....after about 14 hours.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

I've always been a Moto fan since the days of the StarTrak. if anyone can remember that. This is my 4th moto and i think its the best one so far.

Global Posts
    574 Global Posts

It's good to see another positive opinion on this phone. I have had one for the past 2 weeks and turning on the camera with a twist of the wrist is not consistently happening. Sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn't. Same with voice control. I might have a dud phone or maybe it's me that isn't consistent and can't get the hang of saying the same thing exactly the same way every time and twisting my wrist exactly the same way every time. Despite any problems, I still think it's the best Android phone out there.

It's the camera that's keeping me from getting this phone! I have the s4 currently and I am in love with the camera. Not necessarily all of the features it packs into it, but most of the time when it is compared to the moto x, I think the s4 pics come out better.

I'm still wondering why people always say the camera is why I don't buy the phone and its not good, just from using the phone for the past 4 weeks the camera has been great for me. I'm not doing photo shoots no but All my pictures come out awesome

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    Pollster likes this.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    I'm still wondering why people always say the camera is why I don't buy the phone and its not good, just from using the phone for the past 4 weeks the camera has been great for me. I'm not doing photo shoots no but All my pictures come out awesome

Outside the pictures are ok but low light defintely needs improvement. Take this for example.. Moto X 6 weeks later-1386290814644.jpg

The picture is grainy and has a lot of noise. This is my only complaint about this phone but its not so bad that I wouldn't purchase this phone again or recommend it.

Edit: brownie points who knows what I'm watching
    Last edited by grn4frk; 12-05-2013 at 07:02 PM.
    Thanked by:

That is true my HTC One definitely is better in low light situations

And I think you need some pants my friend

grooks, tr-1 and morphodone like this.

Quote Originally Posted by grn4frk View Post
    brownie points who knows what I'm watching
    Boondock Saints.

Great movie.

(The scene is near the end, set at the big house in the country)

Annual Christmas Parade...noisy, kids all over the place, horns, marching bands...tell the guy next to me "Hey, watch this..."
    "Ok Moto...open the camera"
    <ding>
    (Take pic of Big Red Wagon...)
    Guy sez "Whaaaatt was that???"
    Moto X 6 weeks later-wagon.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    Thanks for the post. My Moto X should come tomorrow. I have the Note 2 right now. Someone offered to trade me their note 3 for my moto x. While I am very tempted because the Note 3 is a beast of a phone, I can't help but want to try the X. Almost everyone seems to love it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    I have had the Note 3, twice 14 days each time and then returned the phone. you are correct. Its a beast. Screen is beautiful and big, camera is awesome, best phablet ever made.
    But, after owning the moto x twice. I just can't do without active notifications, and always listening etc that make the moto x such an incredible phone.
    I agree with everything from the OP. The phone is killer. Simple to use, pictures aren't as crisp as the Note 3, but I really don't take many pictures anyways.
    I have found that if you have good light and take a little extra time with the camera, it can take some Really good pics.

I can honestly say, the moto x is the best android device on the market.
    I left apple and iPhone after owning the X, and now, I wouldn't trade straight across for a iPhone 5s.
    People like to bash this phone because of specs. Forget the specs and enjoy the phone.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
    Thanked by:
    Citizen Coyote likes this.

Still wondering why the people who don't like this phone seem to have so much time to seek out those who do so they can hate on it. Do they go post on the forums of every phone that offends their sensibilities? Personally, I spend zero minutes in forums for phones I don't want.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

And I think you need some pants my friend

Its 66 degrees here in north Carolina so shorts it was. And yes the boondock saints

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks to the OP. I purchased a new Moto X with the Cyber Monday deal. I have the S3 and am happy to be moving on. Good to see its still good after the new care smell has worn off.
    paisley99 likes this.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mayconvert View Post
    I have had the Note 3, twice 14 days each time and then returned the phone. you are correct. Its a beast. Screen is beautiful and big, camera is awesome, best phablet ever made.
    But, after owning the moto x twice. I just can't do without active notifications, and always listening etc that make the moto x such an incredible phone.
    I agree with everything from the OP. The phone is killer. Simple to use, pictures aren't as crisp as the Note 3, but I really don't take many pictures anyways.
    I have found that if you have good light and take a little extra time with the camera, it can take some Really good pics.

I can honestly say, the moto x is the best android device on the market.
    I left apple and iPhone after owning the X, and now, I wouldn't trade straight across for a iPhone 5s.
    People like to bash this phone because of specs. Forget the specs and enjoy the phone.
    I picked up my Moto X last night. On the way to pick it up I stopped at the Verizon store to handle both the Note 3 and the Moto X. I must say I do still like the Note 3 a lot. Part of me was questioning my sanity for choosing the Moto X over it. That was until I spent about 30 minutes with the Moto X and talked to a couple other people in the store that had one. I had the Razr M when it first came out and ended up returning it within the 2 weeks pretty much because of the camera. I really liked the size and how it felt in the hand. I remember wishing that the Razer M was made just a little bit better. When I picked up the Moto X I was immediately thinking, this is it, this is what I wanted that M to feel like. Then as I used it more I realized how fast it is and how clean and very close to stock android it is. The screen is a great size. Don't get me wrong, I love the big Note screen, but this screen is perfect for a phone that isn't a Note.

I will do a review after I have had a chance to spend more time with it and use all of the features, but after the few hours that I have had with it, I am very impressed. I certainly hope this sells well. I know Motorola is pushing the custom colors and all, but that is only a small part of what makes this phone awesome. Of course I picked up the Developer Edition so customization wasn't an option for me anyway.

Global Posts
    535 Global Posts

Motorola does make a great device, especially the Moto X. I purchased my HTC One when it came out, and then decided to pickup a Moto X to try out. I originally was slightly skeptical of it, only due to the fact I am a geek and love 1080p displays & quad core processors as much as the next spec nerd. I am also primarily a fan of LCD displays, however the AMOLED display quickly grew on me. In addition to the form factor and extremely useful features , I consider the Moto X hands down the best android device on the market. I also recently picked up a Nexus 5, and while it's growing on me, if I had to only keep one of the three it would be the Moto X. Great device with some serious software optimization.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 2
    cwbcpa likes this.

Would this be a good phone for someone who plans to keep it longer than a year (maybe even up to 2 years) or will the "modest" on paper specs render it somewhat obsolete a year from now?

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ethertwist View Post
    Would this be a good phone for someone who plans to keep it longer than a year (maybe even up to 2 years) or will the "modest" on paper specs render it somewhat obsolete a year from now?
    It is hard to say how any device will perform in a year or two years. It seems that the goal is to have Android running better on lower spec devices going forward. The variable that comes into play is what Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc... do with there own skins. Look at how many issue there were with the S4 lagging when it first came out. That is a "high end" device, but it lagged because of what Samsung added to the software. My Note 2 still runs well and has not seen an update in a long time. I see lag here and there, but not too bad. It is not as smooth as my Moto X though.

That being said Motorola seems to be sticking close to stock and therefore is running really well on the Moto X. I really think that will help the Moto X last longer or run better for a longer period of time. I would say you have as good of a chance with the Moto X as any other high end Android phone.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    It is hard to say how any device will perform in a year or two years. It seems that the goal is to have Android running better on lower spec devices going forward. The variable that comes into play is what Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc... do with there own skins. Look at how many issue there were with the S4 lagging when it first came out. That is a "high end" device, but it lagged because of what Samsung added to the software. My Note 2 still runs well and has not seen an update in a long time. I see lag here and there, but not too bad. It is not as smooth as my Moto X though.

That being said Motorola seems to be sticking close to stock and therefore is running really well on the Moto X. I really think that will help the Moto X last longer or run better for a longer period of time. I would say you have as good of a chance with the Moto X as any other high end Android phone.
    I really appreciate your reply. You make some great points that I hadn't considered. I love that Moto doesn't overly bloat the device and is as close to stock without actually being a Nexus.
    Thanked by:
    cwbcpa 

Hopefully going forward there won't be as much of a slow down since Android is now able to support TRIM when the device is charging and above a certain percentage thus hopefully keeping the system from getting clogged up with crap files that are no longer in use.