My battery life was great, until a couple of nights ago when i fell asleep with it in the charger and it ended up staying in there for 10 hours. When i restart my phone it goes back to normal but once i start using it it doesnt hold up even when im not using it. Is this what I have to expect for the next 2 years. I assume overcharge still damages the battery based on my experience, but is it normally this bad?
I will post pictures later when I'm on the phone
- 12-05-2013, 06:21 PM #2
- 12-05-2013, 07:11 PM #3
- 64 Posts
Can't overcharge it. Holding the phone at 100% isn't the best thing for it, but its not going to have a significant short term effect.
In order to prevent things like this, I use tasker with a Belkin Wemo Switch to turn off the charger when the phone is fully charged. It is configured via tasker to start charging around 4am so my Maxx is ready by 6:30.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
- 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM #4
My phones and tablet live in a charger in the truck. I can't recall the last time I've even needed to replace a battery. They just sort of work these days. I guessbif you used a charger without a protection circuit but who even makes those any more? It may be good once in a blue moon to let the battery get low so the battery meter can calibrate. Batteryuniversity.com says its best to do many short shallow discharges on LIon and very bad to ever do a total discharge but only says unplug to be environmentaly friendly.
Posted via Android Central App
- 12-06-2013, 01:10 AM #6
- By mbressman in forum Sprint Galaxy S3Replies: 6Last Post: 02-07-2014, 01:04 PM
- By BryanEW710 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 4Last Post: 12-10-2013, 11:25 AM
- By Krolt in forum Google Nexus 4Replies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2013, 04:43 AM
- By beckenheim11 in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 0Last Post: 12-05-2013, 04:09 PM
- By THEPRFCT10 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 4Last Post: 12-05-2013, 01:46 PM