moto x cyber wed sold 10k+

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm subscribed to Mk, saw this interview almost as soon as it was uploaded to YouTube...
Really nice interview!, and the success of the g and x is starting to show...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm subscribed to Mk, saw this interview almost as soon as it was uploaded to YouTube...
Really nice interview!, and the success of the g and x is starting to show...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

Umm... I hate to rain on the parade but Apple sells 10k iPhones every few minutes.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

That means Apple is better.....because everyone knows the things that sell the most means it's the best. That is why I stick to buying Apple and Samsung, they have proven track records of being the best phones ever.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well maybe others like to be different. I don't want to be walking around with a phone that looks and operates identical to a billion other phones. I want to be me and have a phone that *I* designed and I alone get to decide the colors and even special lettering on the back of the phone (good luck doing either of those with an iPhone or S4). As far as sales numbers, you also have to remember that Android is broken down into over 200 different phones with dozens of different OEMs so just because Apple may sell 10k phones in a few minutes, the sum of all Android phones sold still outnumber iPhone almost 5 to 1 worldwide.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
To add to this comment, the promo codes was given out at a rate of 10k+ codes every 3 minutes. If I remember correctly, the promotion lasted 14 minutes, and there were reports of people buying more than one phone from a single code. The statistic also does not include the none motomaker x's sold in the US, Canada and south america. Plus, Dennis in the video mentioned that there is a high demand for the moto x's in south america. With that said, the demand for the moto x is there even though the moto x may not be at the top now. However, it shows great potential, and who knows maybe in a few years motorola will be on top.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I believe Dennis actually said they sold 10's of thousands, not just 10 thousand. Marques said 10,000.
Think it was actually 8 or 9 minutes before it sold out.
Dennis also mentions that not too long ago that Nokia was #1 and Motorola was #2. Things can change over time...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That means Apple is better.....because everyone knows the things that sell the most means it's the best. That is why I stick to buying Apple and Samsung, they have proven track records of being the best phones ever.

Didn't Apple have a blue screen of death not long ago? Samsung has had nothing bugs with the 4.3 update incorporating Knox. I think At&t update has Benn pulled twice...

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Didn't Apple have a blue screen of death not long ago? Samsung has had nothing bugs with the 4.3 update incorporating Knox. I think At&t update has Benn pulled twice...

I'm aware they all have problems. I was being sarcastic....I no longer buy anything with a Samsung or an Apple logo. Although I might be buying a Samsung blu ray here in a min but you get my meaning.....their phones atm don't interest me. :)

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Either numbers matter, which means the moto x is struggling. Or they don't, which means this thread is pointless.

Rather than believing it's doing well (it's not), why don't you guys think about ways to make it better? There's a crapton of good stuff on the device but it's weighed down by bloatware (see the numerous posts about what to disable) and a few other rough edges that ought to be ironed out.

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Either numbers matter, which means the moto x is struggling. Or they don't, which means this thread is pointless.

Rather than believing it's doing well (it's not), why don't you guys think about ways to make it better? There's a crapton of good stuff on the device but it's weighed down by bloatware (see the numerous posts about what to disable) and a few other rough edges that ought to be ironed out.
I wouldn't say motorola is struggling at this point. You have to look at motorola as a new company now, google is handling the financial burden and is giving motorola a chance to reinvent itself. At this point they have showed that they can put out an amazing device with great innovative features (which I might add neither apple nor samsung are supplying), they are actually LISTENING TO CONSUMERS, we wanted camera improvements and they sent it out, and they are keeping us up to date with the latest android software 20 days after the public release which to my recollection beat out even the google play editions. Motorola didn't expect the moto X to sell more than the iphone or the s4, lets be real here, they knew it wasn't going to sell as many, google knew it wasn't going to sell as many, does that mean it's struggling? No. People who own the moto X love it, they love motorola as a company at this point, then there is talk, talk to friends talk to family, next flagship phone release comes people who already own a motorola device are going to stick with motorola, they are treating us right and giving us high quality devices, not only will we get it, but our friends and family will get it because we told them about it and they are interested in the neat features or quality of the device, and from there on motorola reinvented themselves. They are capable of being #1 (let's not forget the original Motorola Razr guys, that was like the s4 + iphone userbase combined), and they now have the financial support to get back on their feet. The Moto X did exactly what motorola wanted, and to that I say it is a huge success.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

WTF are you talking about? Bloatware? What bloatware? Maybe the Verizon version, but you get what you deserve if you're dumb enough to buy one of their devices. Everyone KNOWS they load their phones down with unnecessary crap (and usually branding).

The AT&T version has what, 3 apps (2 of which are actually useful...the address book being the only one that isn't)?

The T-Mobile version has NO bloatware. It's basically a Dev Edition with MotoMaker capabilities.

The Sprint version...well, you're trapped on Sprint's network. That's bloat enough as-is.

At least know what you're talking about before opening your mouth.

Sent from my LG G2

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I only disabled 7 apps on my Sprint version. 5 were Google apps.

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Umm... I hate to rain on the parade but Apple sells 10k iPhones every few minutes.

Anyone who believes that Product X is plainly a better product than Product Y because sells more....what a great example of Sheep (or in the case of Apple, I-Sheep) mentality!