Battery saver won't stay on

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I enable it in the battery screen, click refresh, and its back to off.

Tried a reboot and hasn't helped. Anyone else have this problem?

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I can't replicate the problem either. Google how to boot into stock recovery and wipe cache. Maybe that'll help?

Posted via Android Central App

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
The tap to turn it on does turn it on but doesn't show. So when it shows off, tap it, then go back a screen and then back into battery stats and it'll be enabled.

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just researched this problem last night. If you're like me you've disabled as many apps as you can. In the process you have disabled moto assist. Battery saver for whatever reason relies on it. Just enable moto assist go to the app store and update it and battery saver will work.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread but what does this feature do? I turned it on in the settings; and it stays on. But I haven't been able to find any info on what it actually does. Anyone know?

mawells787

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Courtesy of anandtech.

"One thing I will note is that the Moto X does have a power saver mode, but it appears to just disable background sync and put the data connection to sleep aggressively. It doesn't change the governor so that the max CPU frequency is lower (say the 1.1 GHz state) like a lot of other OEMs power savers do, which seems like a missed opportunity. "

Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/7235/moto-x-review/6

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack the thread but what does this feature do? I turned it on in the settings; and it stays on. But I haven't been able to find any info on what it actually does. Anyone know?
Here ya go : :)
"The Moto X's battery saver is also very impressive. If you enable it, it comes in when you drop to 15 percent charge. It disables background data use, meaning less push notifications for your email and social networks, and also institutes aggressive screen dimming and time outs.
It does great work milking that last bit of charge for you. With battery saver enabled at fifteen percent, we got over two hours of battery life before reaching one percent."

"The Moto X will ask you if you want to enable this feature when your phone gets below 15%, but if you keep it on all of the time the phone will easily get you anywhere from 24-28 hours of battery life, depending on your usage. This battery saver mode causes the phone to check for notifications far less frequently, which will allow the phone to consume significantly less power during the times you aren’t actively using it."

Link info is from :
http://androidforums.com/motorola-moto-x/786767-battery-saver.html

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi I just researched this problem last night. If you're like me you've disabled as many apps as you can. In the process you have disabled moto assist. Battery saver for whatever reason relies on it. Just enable moto assist go to the app store and update it and battery saver will work.

thank you :)

Wildbill2148

May 13, 2016
Visit site
The tap to turn it on does turn it on but doesn't show. So when it shows off, tap it, then go back a screen and then back into battery stats and it'll be enabled.

I just had trouble with it myself,
I kept trying the battery saver but it would not turn on,
Then I unplugged the charge cord , it works...
Odd way to find out...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay