Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By goherd#AC
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X and Ford Sync my fix

I got the Moto x and I was unable to use the voice commands to make a phone call through my Ford Sync. I realized that my contacts that were saved under the Verizon backup assistant was not showing up in my downloaded phonebook for my sync system. Here is my fix. I logged onto verizon and opened up the backup assistant and saw my phone numbers that were saved. I downloaded the list as a csv document. Then logged onto the gmail account I use on my phone and clicked on contacts. I then imported the list I downloaded from Verizon. I did this last night and checked today with my Ford Sync and everything works again.
    fernandez21 likes this.

Default Re: Moto X and Ford Sync my fix

Nice tip, though I just bypass the ford sync voice commands completely and just use "ok google now" commands since the phone is always listening. I find it more accurate and I don't have to hear that awful robotic "sorry, I didn't understand you" cue from my car.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Moto X and Ford Sync my fix

I thought about that doing the bypass but was not sure if the phone would hear me over the radio thus is why I did the steps above. It has been a few days now and zero issues.