Nova Launcher vs Apex Launcher

Which one is faster?

• Total voters

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
For those of you who have used both Apex and Nova on your Moto X, which one gave you snappier and smoother performance?

Not taking features and customizations into consideration. Just talking purely performance.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Seems most like Nova. They are really comparable to the point where im not sure you'd see a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have been using nova for quite a long time now. I love it. It just feels much quicker than other launchers. Plus the new update added all the sweet kit Kat features into it, ie the translucent bars. ;) highly recommend it.

Posted via Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just got my Moto X yesterday; so, I'm still getting used to things. I've purchased several launchers in the past (loved Nova) -- does Nova interfere with the the X's Active Display > swipe to see notifications? Does Nova interfere with Touchless Controls?

Thank you. (Sorry if this seems like a hijack, OP!)

mekano

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Moto X yesterday; so, I'm still getting used to things. I've purchased several launchers in the past (loved Nova) -- does Nova interfere with the the X's Active Display > swipe to see notifications? Does Nova interfere with Touchless Controls?

I haven't noticed any interference with active display or anything.

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

No it does not interfere with any of Motorola's apps.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I really like Nova when I need to cover up touchwiz or sense. Its nice getting new icons and such, hiding the bloatware, etc.
But on the X I like to run it without a launcher. I like the vanilla android thing.

I recently got a new launcher called Action Launcher. It is pretty slick too if you are looking to try something new.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have used Nova for a little over a year and it's awesome. I have used it mainly to get rid of the touchwiz look as much as possible on all of the Samsung phones I've used. I didn't use it right away on the Moto X but I am now. While I like the stock home of the Moto X, I really like the customization that Nova gives me. I like a certain grid size and having multiple dock pages. There are just more options and none of them take away from what the Moto X does on its own. They only add to it.

Sent from my Moto X

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Apex. Never had any issues. Running their latest Beta now. I tried Nova once long time ago, but then switched back to Apex for some reason

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Always been a nova fan, and probably going to stick with it. But, I'm going to give action launcher a go. On sale now as well. Just want to try something innovative and different.

Sent from my Moto X

wnflyer

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. That would be great on the MotoX. I've been running CM11 on my LG-G2, very nice.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Welp, I bought action launcher and it's amazing. Sorry to hijack the thread. Might go back to nova at some point, but this launcher is just awesome.

Sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech