Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By wsrobert
  • 1 Post By zobog
  • 1 Post By Scott Capodice
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Default Nova Launcher vs Apex Launcher

For those of you who have used both Apex and Nova on your Moto X, which one gave you snappier and smoother performance?

Not taking features and customizations into consideration. Just talking purely performance.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default Re: Nova Launcher vs Apex Launcher

I side loaded the GEL and highly recommend it.

Posted via Android Central App

Seems most like Nova. They are really comparable to the point where im not sure you'd see a difference

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

I have been using nova for quite a long time now. I love it. It just feels much quicker than other launchers. Plus the new update added all the sweet kit Kat features into it, ie the translucent bars. highly recommend it.

Thanked by:

Just got my Moto X yesterday; so, I'm still getting used to things. I've purchased several launchers in the past (loved Nova) -- does Nova interfere with the the X's Active Display > swipe to see notifications? Does Nova interfere with Touchless Controls?

Thank you. (Sorry if this seems like a hijack, OP!)
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMBi-kk)

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post
    Just got my Moto X yesterday; so, I'm still getting used to things. I've purchased several launchers in the past (loved Nova) -- does Nova interfere with the the X's Active Display > swipe to see notifications? Does Nova interfere with Touchless Controls?

I haven't noticed any interference with active display or anything.

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TBolt View Post

No it does not interfere with any of Motorola's apps.

Thanked by:
    TBolt 

I really like Nova when I need to cover up touchwiz or sense. Its nice getting new icons and such, hiding the bloatware, etc.
    But on the X I like to run it without a launcher. I like the vanilla android thing.

I recently got a new launcher called Action Launcher. It is pretty slick too if you are looking to try something new.
    ICords81 likes this.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I have used Nova for a little over a year and it's awesome. I have used it mainly to get rid of the touchwiz look as much as possible on all of the Samsung phones I've used. I didn't use it right away on the Moto X but I am now. While I like the stock home of the Moto X, I really like the customization that Nova gives me. I like a certain grid size and having multiple dock pages. There are just more options and none of them take away from what the Moto X does on its own. They only add to it.

Sent from my Moto X

Moto X doesn't need to use any launchers.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBass View Post
    Can I make a 5 x 5 grid without using a launcher or have multiple docks?

Sent from my Moto X

I've been using Go Launcher. Very customizable.

I use Apex. Never had any issues. Running their latest Beta now. I tried Nova once long time ago, but then switched back to Apex for some reason

Always been a nova fan, and probably going to stick with it. But, I'm going to give action launcher a go. On sale now as well. Just want to try something innovative and different.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wsrobert View Post
    I side loaded the GEL and highly recommend it.

What is the GEL?

Thanks

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Google Experience Launcher. What's running on the nexus 5.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Thanks. That would be great on the MotoX. I've been running CM11 on my LG-G2, very nice.

Welp, I bought action launcher and it's amazing. Sorry to hijack the thread. Might go back to nova at some point, but this launcher is just awesome.

Sent from my Moto X
    Thanked by 2:
    huntnycTBolt 

I have both paid versions of Apex and Nova. They're pretty much equal, though I use Apex more often.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBass View Post
    HA! ...Love the phone but yes it does! That grid size that the phone comes with was wayyyy too small! I tried for a few hours and then immediately put Nova on it. SOOO much better now and all moto features still work! Happy man it does make
    cwbcpa likes this.

I need help waking me through the set up for NOVA launcher Pro. A good video that speaks not typed on screen with noisy background like loud music. Preferably spoken in English that does not assume you know what everything is or what everything is take time to show. Make 10 videos a series if you have to but people others also need help too. I sound like a total ***** I am not a total non techie. I went from MANY yrs. of I phones upgrading every time until this baby came out. I adore it my Note 3 but it is different. I build websites nut this has me baffled I am so lost.. For two days I was trying to set up NOVA on my phone it looks yucky. I want to upgrade to Kit Kat, my phone lags a lot.

I will chat, talk on phone, watch videos ANYTHING? PLEASE.

Do I install Nova or kit kat first? I got data usage warning and phone told me I was changing OS? My bottom row of icons is tiny and then the icons are all different some round some square. I mees3d up bad. I can not figure out everything. Can I safely undo it all and redo or just put in kit kat? I also got 4shared have not set up. My contacts are incorrect and voice is saying wrong names for who is calling. My phone gets so hot when plugged in you can not put to your ear.
    I also put on ES3 file and removed it. I was concerned I know not understanding ramifications about rooting.
    I will be using K9 email so I have something similar to it, totally sucked.

I need to back up texts and voice my emails, calendar, and other things than it does. What is good app for this? Or program? That does not void warranty?
    I am wondering is my phone bad? did I screw it up? can I fix it ? Should it be taken back? Its like a month old about. I am sorry for so many questions and all but there were NO absolutely nothing in box from at&t about setting this phone up. Thank goodness I made them get my contacts off my iPhone. They are screed up but they are there and I think I can fix many individually or try downloading them again? I have heard MANY people lost ALL their contacts. Lately I am seeing talk about outlook , so that looks hopeful. I plan to get phone back to original state it is to be in, save everything that I need and hopefully get them to replace this phone. It is costing me $800.00 bucks and I am not willing to pay for a phone that over heats, shuts down, screwed up contacts and voice synced to different names and numbers.

Global Posts
    5,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by TES11 View Post
    I need help waking me through the set up for NOVA launcher Pro. A good video that speaks not typed on screen with noisy background like loud music. Preferably spoken in English that does not assume you know what everything is or what everything is take time to show. Make 10 videos a series if you have to but people others also need help too. I sound like a total ***** I am not a total non techie. I went from MANY yrs. of I phones upgrading every time until this baby came out. I adore it my Note 3 but it is different. I build websites nut this has me baffled I am so lost.. For two days I was trying to set up NOVA on my phone it looks yucky. I want to upgrade to Kit Kat, my phone lags a lot.
    Please search for an existing thread for troubleshooting Nova Launcher or begin a new one. This thread is just about the pro's/con's of various launchers on the Moto X. Thanks!

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

I prefer Apex because it's always been smoother. Nova crashes for me from time to time and doesn't handle the transparent bars well.

I used Nova for a year, then switched to Apex for another year. I'm back on Nova now. Each time the switch was due to a single minor feature that one launcher had over the other. I can't even remember the exact details. There was no perceptible difference in performance or response time.

In other words, they're pretty interchangeable and you'd probably be happy with either. Try the free versions to see which one works best for you.
    Thanked by:

Pm sent

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk