• 2 Post By ultravisitor
  • 2 Post By paisley99
  • 3 Post By JungleLarry
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Default Moto X 2

Do you think the specs of the Motorola X 2 will be different than the original? Will the screen be 4.7 or larger? Will they use the same dual-core processor and same 2200 mAh battery? Since the Moto X is nearly perfect just like it is, is there any reason at all to change the specs?

Default Re: Moto X 2

Taking a shot in the dark here, but I'll go ahead and speculate the next version of the Moto X won't feature the same "nearly perfect" specs of the original model.

If history is any indication, we all know for certain that once a device is released, all the successors to said device feature identical hardware. /s

Why are you asking when you don't care? You already trolled enough to get the other thread locked.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:
    Ry and TheLibertarian like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I didn't get that thread locked. Why don't you answer the question? Will Motorola change the specs of the next Moto X and if they do why? It's a very simple question. Care to answer?
    Last edited by jaj324; 12-11-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Of course they will change the internals. I can't think of any phone that used the same internals from one model to the next. Maybe I'm wrong. As for the screen size, I can see that staying the same. It's a great size. Unless they can somehow squeeze more into the same form.

Sent from my Moto X
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    Unless they can somehow squeeze more into the same form.

Sent from my Moto X
    That's the trend these days. Less bezel, more screen, same size phone. The LG G2 does a good job with that. The screen is 5.2 but the phone is the size of a 5.0 SG4.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaj324 View Post
    That's the trend these days. Less bezel, more screen, same size phone. The LG G2 does a good job with that. The screen is 5.2 but the phone is the size of a 5.0 SG4.
    Yes it does. G2 is a great phone. If they can squeeze more in the same form then I'm in. I like the size in the hand. I think it's a sweet spot for a lot of people. Hopefully sales will start to reflect that.

Sent from my Moto X

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

The below is purely my speculation.

Screen size will probably stay the same but may increase to no more than 5". In order to keep active notifications they will still go with AMOLED.

Battery will probably increase but I would only expect around 2500-2600 mAh.

My theory on processor is Motorola could go one of two ways for the next X. They could use the 800 processor as long as they can get 2 of the cores for the always listening and active notifications, or they will tweak the X8 system and bump the processing cores from 1.7 to around 2.3 or 2.4 while also upgrading the GPU to what is in the current crop of phones. I think the second scenario is very likely as Moto has proven that the X8 system works very well for maintaining performance and battery life.

Do you think the specs of the Motorola X 2 will be different than the original? Will the screen be 4.7 or larger? Will they use the same dual-core processor and same 2200 mAh battery? Since the Moto X is nearly perfect just like it is, is there any reason at all to change the specs?
    Dupe thread. There's an entire thread below about what people's guesses are. "Moto x2 expectations". Look down, it's still on this page.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    thebignewt and Ry like this.

Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    ROM
    MIUI

Yes, they'll use the same everything in perpetuity because neener neener our phone is perfect and can never be improved.
    Thanked by 2:
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JungleLarry View Post
    Yes, they'll use the same everything in perpetuity because neener neener our phone is perfect and can never be improved.
    ....just as I suspected

I started on asking if anyone heard when it would release, but that's probably a ways off. In looking around about the phone (I'm considering it but still have Galaxy Nexus) I noticed that it basically has the original Google version of Android (like on their Nexus phones, and they own motorola too) so it runs fast. My wife's Vzn Note 3 is a tad bloaty IMO (is that called Touchwiz?) That way they can update faster too. And although the size of the phone is about same as iPhone the screen is bigger, less bezel. The other phone I like, the One, has a bigger bezel.