Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Star-Lord
  • 1 Post By cerebasan
  • 1 Post By DayThyme
  • 2 Post By androidatic
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Did I make the right decision?

I gave up the N5 for the Moto X thanks to one of those codes.
    Thanked by:
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Did I make the right decision?

I just took back a nexus 5 to get the moto x again. You won't regret it. It has way better battery life, screen, and just feels nicer.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    I think you will be happy with it..... there are some other threads on here with peeps doing the same thing.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I've been reading quite a few posts around the android forums of people switching from the nexus 5 to the moto x. my brother is even considering it.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes, you did good
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,270 Global Posts

Rather interesting since I'm on the fence between the Moto X and Nexus 5...

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

I am under contract with Verizon for another year so the Nexus 5 was not an option for me, but it would have been a tough choice if it had been. I really like my Moto X, but I would really like to have a Nexus. From what I have read and my own experience with the Moto X, you will not be disappointed with either. They both have some benefits over each other. It's a matter of what is important to you.

Yeah in my opinion you did what I felt was right. The direction smartphone manufacturers have been trying to go in is great and what they've managed to produce is good enough for many people but I don't believe we're ready for +5" phones with beefy hardware. Battery technology just wasn't there yet and the 1080p revolution ends up just making the experience slower (by a small amount) and costly. Some people have called Motorola's move with the Moto X a lateral one opposed to more forward moving hardware but I think it was a fresh look at things and exactly what this market needed. By the time my Moto X stops working I feel maybe then the screen technology and battery technology will produce battery lives I find as acceptable. To be fair is Motorola kept a line of phones that used this 4.7" screen size in the future I would still gravitate towards it. The moto X screen has looked way better playing HD planet earth videos than my friend's N5 and Note 3, they were very impressed with this screen the moment a forest scene was played.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

If you got the 32Gb Developer edition you probably did OK!

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    6,665 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Did I make the right decision ?I gave up the N5 for the Moto X thanks to one of those codes.
    Yup
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,182 Global Posts

Yes.

Posted via Android Central App
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,270 Global Posts

Well, well, what a week. I've been researching the Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 all week. I went to AT&T today to buy the Moto X or even the LG G2.

Anyway, after playing with both units I have to say, I wasn't wowed and I didn't think either was better than my Z10 or even my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was about to spend $400+, and it simply wasn't worth it in that price range.

Now, don't get me wrong, the devices are nice and all that (the LG G2 more than the Moto X) but for what I was spending, I simply couldn't justify it.

Maybe in January/February something else will be released with a little more wow factor for me...

LOL I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that I honestly would not have switched to the MOTO X from the Nexus 5.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan398 View Post
    LOL I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that I honestly would not have switched to the MOTO X from the Nexus 5.

Neither would I but he did post in the Moto X forum so he wanted to be talked into it instead of talked out of it. 🐣🐲

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I played around with it more at best buy. I think I made the right decision. Phone was lightning fast, I was surprised at how fast it was.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

The X is a much better made phone, you made a better choice
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by cwbcpa View Post
    I am under contract with Verizon for another year so the Nexus 5 was not an option for me, but it would have been a tough choice if it had been. I really like my Moto X, but I would really like to have a Nexus. From what I have read and my own experience with the Moto X, you will not be disappointed with either. They both have some benefits over each other. It's a matter of what is important to you.
    This. I am a verizon customer, too, and would like to have both a nexus 5 and a moto x! I got the Moto X dev ed, so that will be a help, too, in getting over my Nexus envy.

Loving the active notifications and always listening. The Find My Phone command is priceless!
    cwbcpa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Anyway, after playing with both units I have to say, I wasn't wowed and I didn't think either was better than my Z10 or even my Samsung Galaxy S3. I was about to spend $400+, and it simply wasn't worth it in that price range.
    You can get a 16GB moto maker Moto X thru tomorrow for $350 if you pick up one of the codes being offered. I much prefer the Moto X to the GS3 and its crap radios and speed slowing touchwiz skin. The Moto X's active notifications and always listening are great features and the Moto X is snappy, even more so than the GNote3. And it has KIT KAT already!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    Well, well, what a week. I've been researching the Moto X, LG G2 and Nexus 5 all week. I went to AT&T today to buy the Moto X or even the LG G2.

Now, don't get me wrong, the devices are nice and all that (the LG G2 more than the Moto X) but for what I was spending, I simply couldn't justify it.

Maybe in January/February something else will be released with a little more wow factor for me...
    I just got the X and and happily dumping my GS3. It gets a much stronger signal and the build quality is far better than the GS3. Of course the Samsung has a better camera but the battery life of the X is vastly superior.
    Thanked by:
    gingersnapgirl and DayThyme like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcgowan398 View Post
    LOL I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that I honestly would not have switched to the MOTO X™ from the Nexus 5™.

Me neither.

Also, neither of those are trademarks hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Also, neither of those are trademarks hahah.
    Motorola filed for a trademark on Moto X back in May of this year and Nexus is trademarked by Google.

Quote Originally Posted by DayThyme View Post
    Motorola filed for a trademark on Moto X back in May of this year and Nexus is trademarked by Google.
    I guess I just thought not seeing "TM" next to both device names looked quite silly when neither Google nor Motorola transcribe that abbreviation on their own respective websites.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    I guess I just thought not seeing "TM" next to both device names looked quite silly when neither Google nor Motorola transcribe that abbreviation on their own respective websites.

I don't think Motorola has a registered trademark on Moto X yet, just an application for one that has been published.

Here is Google's list of its trademarks:

I also have a nexus 5 and just ordered a moto x, however I plan on keeping both.