Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Default Opinion please???

Ok so I was an Android user for a long time, but switched to the iPhone after the Galaxy Nexus (I am on Verizon). I have the iPhone 5s now but something keeps pulling me towards the Moto X. I am not sure what or why but I think its an all around fantastic phone. I have a cyber monday code and am on the fence on using it or holding off until the Moto X 2 or whatever they will release in a few months. Any opinions on the subject? Did anybody switch from the iPhone to this?

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Default Re: Opinion please???

I had the iPhone five and liked it but you will really enjoy the moto. It's just more personable.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Well you're not going to see the X2 until late August/September.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerebasan View Post
    I had the iPhone five and liked it but you will really enjoy the moto. It's just more personable.

Ya my only worry is not having iMessage. Like 90% of my co-workers and friends use iMessage so its nice to have. I would get over it though I think. I just hate how locked down the iPhone is and waiting for a jailbreak every year is getting longer and longer.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

OK but they can still text you. And hangouts is cross platform.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Ya my only worry is not having iMessage. Like 90% of my co-workers and friends use iMessage so its nice to have. I would get over it though I think. I just hate how locked down the iPhone is and waiting for a jailbreak every year is getting longer and longer.
    I like iMessage as well for the same reason. My whole family is on iPhone and will not even try another phone. I have an iPhone 5 as well, but I am really enjoying the Moto X. There is so much to like. I use a lot of phones and this one has more features that I use daily than any other phone I have had other than maybe the Note 2. I really like the Note phones a lot, but this Moto X is equally as useful for me in completely different ways.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts

My dad could not make the switch and stick with the Jitterbug of the smart phone world.

This whole discussion may be academic soon. In the not so distant future phone subsidies will disappear and buying a phone will be a function of economics.

My opinion is the Moto x is better. My wife and parents use iPhone and the only thing we do not do is b Facetalk. I am trying to get them to use hangouts instead.

Posted via Android Central App
    VAYinzer likes this.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Ok so I was an Android user for a long time, but switched to the iPhone after the Galaxy Nexus (I am on Verizon). I have the iPhone 5s now but something keeps pulling me towards the Moto X. I am not sure what or why but I think its an all around fantastic phone. I have a cyber monday code and am on the fence on using it or holding off until the Moto X 2 or whatever they will release in a few months. Any opinions on the subject? Did anybody switch from the iPhone to this?
    Hey Lynx! Im actually in the same boat, I purchased an iPhone 5s around a month ago but recently found out that I won a Moto X through my work! lol when I get it, ill let you know exactly what I think in terms of a current iPhone user and a person in the same boat as you, and what you will like vs what you wont It IS a sick phone though no doubt,

Global Posts
    3,248 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

I just got a Moto X and am a long time iPhone user with an iPhone 5. The Moto X is very nice. It has some nice stuff on board. It seems speedy enough to me. Any hiccups I think are just Android as my Nexus 7 also performs pretty similar. Android still isn't near as smooth iOS. I'm going to keep both for awhile. Tomorrow will be the first day using the X alone so I'll get to see how the battery holds up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerebasan View Post
    OK but they can still text you. And hangouts is cross platform.

But you have to download Hangouts (and have a Google account).
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Went to VZW last night with my wife and we played with the Moto X for a while. I really like everything about it except 1 thing... the camera. I knew it was a weaker camera going in but man I was still somewhat disappointed. Being a professional photographer this is both a huge deal for me but not a big deal at all if that makes sense. Its a huge deal because I have high expectations for pictures, its not a big deal because I have 3 very nice professional SLRs with very nice professional lenses so I get fantastic pictures with those.

I think for $350 it may be worth the risk to try it out but now my wife is hesitatnt lol. Great form factor though. It felt amazing in the hand and I fired up the Galaxy Nexus last night and played with it for a while. Made me realize how much I missed Swype and SwiftKey!
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Went to VZW last night with my wife and we played with the Moto X for a while. I really like everything about it except 1 thing... the camera. I knew it was a weaker camera going in but man I was still somewhat disappointed. Being a professional photographer this is both a huge deal for me but not a big deal at all if that makes sense. Its a huge deal because I have high expectations for pictures, its not a big deal because I have 3 very nice professional SLRs with very nice professional lenses so I get fantastic pictures with those.

I think for $350 it may be worth the risk to try it out but now my wife is hesitatnt lol. Great form factor though. It felt amazing in the hand and I fired up the Galaxy Nexus last night and played with it for a while. Made me realize how much I missed Swype and SwiftKey!
    Honestly if camera quality on a smartphone is a big priority, the iPhone 5S or the Lumia 1020 should be the phones you look at.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Honestly if camera quality on a smartphone is a big priority, the iPhone 5S or the Lumia 1020 should be the phones you look at.
    Like I said its a priority but its not a deal breaker for me. My wife is a different story lol. I wish I could rent a phone for a week to see how it works lol.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Like I said its a priority but its not a deal breaker for me. My wife is a different story lol. I wish I could rent a phone for a week to see how it works lol.
    15 day return policy?
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

15 day return policy?
    Ya but you gotta pay the $35 restocking fee

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Ya but you gotta pay the $35 restocking fee
    Just consider it a rental fee. You said that you wish that you could rent one. Lol.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.

The Moto X is a fantastic device. The only complaints I've heard about it are from those coming from a device like the Note 2. Which is understandable since they are used to a much larger device. I love my Moto X. I sold my Nexus 5 for a Cyber Monday Moto X and couldn't be happier.
    Thanked by 2:
    LynxRy 
    Lynx, Ry and paisley99 like this.

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

+1
    Forget the X, if camera is high on your list.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." - William F. Buckley, Jr.
    Thanked by:
    paisley99 likes this.

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Okay, after about a day of using this phone (got it at 4 pm yesterday, been using it until now) I can already tell you that its awesome. The feel of the phone is something in my opinion is better than the iPhone. The way it sits in your hand is very comfortable due to the contoured back, now the iPhone seems kinda blocky. When it comes to performance, this thing has not once skipped a beat, its awesome, I'd say in the same ballpark as the iPhone in terms of fluidity and speed. The only three things I think you will miss are iMessage, face time, and the camera. The first two have their workaround (messenger apps or just using SMS instead) but the camera is meh. Its not as horrendous as people make it out to be, but by no means great either. It is getting improved on the software side by updates though so that's good. Another subtle thing I think you'll appreciate is that the Sim card size is the same for the iPhone and the moto x so you can just pop your sim in the new phone or in between phones, and you're all set If you have any questions let me know!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    David Coconut likes this.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    The Moto X is a fantastic device. The only complaints I've heard about it are from those coming from a device like the Note 2. Which is understandable since they are used to a much larger device. I love my Moto X. I sold my Nexus 5 for a Cyber Monday Moto X and couldn't be happier.
    Nice.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nyry View Post
    Okay, after about a day of using this phone (got it at 4 pm yesterday, been using it until now) I can already tell you that its awesome. The feel of the phone is something in my opinion is better than the iPhone. The way it sits in your hand is very comfortable due to the contoured back, now the iPhone seems kinda blocky. When it comes to performance, this thing has not once skipped a beat, its awesome, I'd say in the same ballpark as the iPhone in terms of fluidity and speed. The only three things I think you will miss are iMessage, face time, and the camera. The first two have their workaround (messenger apps or just using SMS instead) but the camera is meh. Its not as horrendous as people make it out to be, but by no means great either. It is getting improved on the software side by updates though so that's good. Another subtle thing I think you'll appreciate is that the Sim card size is the same for the iPhone and the moto x so you can just pop your sim in the new phone or in between phones, and you're all set If you have any questions let me know!

Thanks for the input. I really want to try out the phone but my wife thinks we may regret getting rid of our iPhones if we do that lol. Gotta love life decisions right???

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

As an iPhone 5s user with 2 days in the Moto X, I really like it. Yes, I wish the camera was better and I miss Tweetbot syncing between my iPad, Mac, and phone and a few other things. I love swiping on the keyboard and the active settings. Nice device that's going to give the iPhone a challenge for what goes in my pocket.

Posted via Android Central App
    nyry likes this.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Global Posts
    1,095 Global Posts

Well just ordered mine using my coupon! Black front, Red back, Silver accents (Ohio State Colors). Now I wait 13 days for it to arrive. Sighhhhhh.
    Thanked by:
    nyry 

Global Posts
    402 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock rooted

Well just ordered mine using my coupon! Black front, Red back, Silver accents (Ohio State Colors). Now I wait 13 days for it to arrive. Sighhhhhh.
    Sick!! I have no doubt that you will love it man.

When I ordered mine last Sunday (Dec. 8th), the estimated delivery date was set for December 17th (9 days from when I placed the order) but then out of the blue I got an email Thursday morning (around 4am because it woke me up) saying it was shipped and when I followed the tracking number later that afternoon, it said Motorola had actually shipped the phone Wednesday mid-day and it was already on a truck out for delivery (only 4 days after I ordered the phone). Basically, the estimated delivery date is just that, an estimate.

P.S. The silver accents look amazing especially with the black front and a colorful back (I got the navy back, black front, and silver accents).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast